Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #561
diaboli
Camaro Drivin'

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to diaboli
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Z-6 is great to keep in the car - especially for dog drool! LOL
Tell um not to lick the paint!!!

1100 = Preliminary Order 5/5 NKBB4B
2000 = Accepted By GM 5/6 (my dealer had allocations left!!)
3300 = Sched For Prod TPW 29 June
3800 = Produced 2G1FT1EW6A9124732
4150 = Invoiced 15 July
4D = Undergoing Assesment/Repair 17 Jul
4B = In Oshawa, Awaiting shipment 20 Jul
4200 = Shipped 22 Jul
5000 = Deliv'd To Dealer 24 July
6000 = Deliv'd To ME!!! 28 July - 12 Weeks, Order to Delivery, and there was a one week shutdown during that time.
diaboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #562
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaboli View Post
Tell um not to lick the paint!!!
LOL That would be tongue marks, none of those. They stick their heads out the windows and - and if the windows are up, then they on the center console. Which reminds me, I need to put the leather cleaner in the car for that.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #563
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:

i ordered online, the Z-2 says for light colors. the Z-5 says for darker colors.

this is why i asked RS_man for the tricks of Zaino. We will live and learn.
Trust me, you want Z2! Z5 does not give near the results as Z2!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #564
diaboli
Camaro Drivin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Like jrhaus said - you really do need the Z-2 and Z-6. The Z-5 is used to fill in any scratches/swirlies and after that you use Z-2. The Z-6 detail spray is essential as it helps clean off any excess Z-5/2 in between coats - and it's absolutely wonderful in between washings to keep diaboli clean of light debris like bug smears and sap from tree leaves.

There are indeed a max number of coats per day and per the weather conditions even using ZFX so it'll take a couple of days to get your base coats down. With each successive coat it seems to get easier - counting all the times RS_Man and I have used the Z-6/8 detail sprays on Merlin he's got 19 coats of Zaino! I just got the Z-7 Clear Seal but haven't tried it yet - maybe this week, RS_Man?!

Steve - It doesn't take tons of either Z-6 or Z-2 so if you wanted to get started this week Merlin will gladly share his supply with diaboli. He'd rather see his big sister clean and protected out on the road as soon as possible than keeping her waiting for the next round of Zaino to arrive. PM RS_Man when you want to start.
I sent RS_Man the PM. I ordered the Z-2 and Z-6. They might be in before the weekend. It will be a relief to get her protected and much easier on my nerves to know I'll have someone to show me how to not mess it up!

4150 = Invoiced 15 July
4200 = Shipped 22 Jul
6000 = Deliv'd To ME!!! 28 July - 12 Weeks, Order to Delivery, and there was a one week shutdown during that time.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #565
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I sent RS_Man the PM. I ordered the Z-2 and Z-6. They might be in before the weekend. It will be a relief to get her protected and much easier on my nerves to know I'll have someone to show me how to not mess it up!
Its really hard to mess up. It is very forgiving but it is time consuming. The more coats you get, the less you ise and the easier it goes on. Watch on the dakr colors, it may look streaked when your done but a guick wash and wipe down with Z6 and its AWESOME. I gave up on using on my black C6 b/c it was too much work but I will not use anything but on the 5th gen.

Just apply coat after coat of Z2. The more the merrier but as said, don't over do it in one day. Space it out over a few days.

good luck and I hope to see it someday!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #566
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
So I guess I didn't do enough homework before I got my RJT camaro... Now that I've had my camaro for 2 months is it too late to use Zaino or can I still get the "wow" look even if I apply it now (or more likely Mid August)?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #567
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
So I guess I didn't do enough homework before I got my RJT camaro... Now that I've had my camaro for 2 months is it too late to use Zaino or can I still get the "wow" look even if I apply it now (or more likely Mid August)?
Of course you can! You will want to strip off any thing on it... if you waxed with somehting else or if the dealer did anything. Here is my method:

1> Wash with warm water and a NON abrasive grease cutting soap (Dawn dish soap works best)
2> Get a spray bottle and put a few drops of dawn in and fill it with water. Get a clay bar and clay the car down as per the instructions. Do not let the surface dry out and the clay bar stick. Make sure the area you are doing stays wet and soapy. This is what the spray bottle is for. Do a small area (fender) and then rinse. Continue untill you have the whole car done. Make sure the car is ALWAYS wet and make sure you keep massaging the clay bar and have a clean working area. Clay barring is easy once you get the hang of it. DON'T DROP THE CLAY!
3> Wash again with a clean bucket and new warm water and Dawn. When you are done there will be NOTHING on your car. Bare clearcoat. VERY unprotected. Then begin your zaino treatment.
5> Start with Z5. Do the entire car per the directions.
6> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions
7> Do a coat of Z2.
8> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions
9> repeat 5-8 as necessary untill all fine scratches and swirls are gone.
10> Always finish with a coat of Z2.
11> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions
12> Wash the car with Zaino wash (optional)
13> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions or the new Z8 (I have never used Z8...yet)

For maintenance, Wash with zaino wash and use Z2 and Z6. The Z5 just gets rid of the scratches and swirls. Z2 is the bread and Z6 is the butter!

This is what I did to the Mustang when we got it two years ago. Since we just layer on the Z2. The car looks like molten silver and is super slippery! i have no pictures that do it justice! This is the color, this is pre-zaino. This is when we just got it.

It really is an amazing system.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #568
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
As jrhaus said, you can start Zaino'ing at any time :-) And the more layers you put on the easier it becomes to do your car. The shine is so great it quickly becomes an addicting, relaxing, and rewarding activity. Plus you'll learn every square millimeter of your ride to boot!

Maybe we Zaino-aholics could offer a seminar when we get our new club up and running - we could do one in the fall before some of us put our cars up for the winter and another one in the spring right before driving season starts. Who knows - maybe we could get Sal Zaino to donate some goodies!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #569
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
I picked up my RJT yesterday! Let me know what you think of Zaino. I have never tried it. When is the next Jack Maxton show?
GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #570
diaboli
Camaro Drivin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Its really hard to mess up. It is very forgiving but it is time consuming. The more coats you get, the less you ise and the easier it goes on. Watch on the dakr colors, it may look streaked when your done but a guick wash and wipe down with Z6 and its AWESOME. I gave up on using on my black C6 b/c it was too much work but I will not use anything but on the 5th gen.

Just apply coat after coat of Z2. The more the merrier but as said, don't over do it in one day. Space it out over a few days.

good luck and I hope to see it someday!
I'm sure it's not terribly difficult, once you have done it. But never having used more than Rain Dance before, and SEEING the results on Merlin that RS_man and Lady in Blue managed to achieve, given that he's the same IBM. It just makes sense to me, to ask for some on site assistance/guidance through the clay-bar and first coat of Zaino. I'll end up layering it well, as it will be my everyday driver, but the foundation is always the most important!

I really, really, really like this car. Forgive me if I seem overly zealous on the "doing it right" thing.

4150 = Invoiced 15 July
4200 = Shipped 22 Jul
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #571
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
As jrhaus said, you can start Zaino'ing at any time :-) And the more layers you put on the easier it becomes to do your car. The shine is so great it quickly becomes an addicting, relaxing, and rewarding activity. Plus you'll learn every square millimeter of your ride to boot!

Maybe we Zaino-aholics could offer a seminar when we get our new club up and running - we could do one in the fall before some of us put our cars up for the winter and another one in the spring right before driving season starts. Who knows - maybe we could get Sal Zaino to donate some goodies!

Great idea. I used to belong to the Greater Cinci Miata Club and once, maybe twice a year we'd do a "Shadytree Mechanics" day where people would hold their mods and we'd all get together and work on eachothers cars and some would Zaino, others would just chat. It was pretty fun. Something to think about.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #572
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
You're not overzealous at all about wanting to take care of diaboli! Merlin isn't even a daily driver and look how much Zaino he's got on him. And after each drive I clean him off with Z-6 detailing spray - talk about spoiled rotten!

You gonna bring diaboli out this Friday to KMart if the kids don't have you running all over the place? Would be great to see you again :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #573
diaboli
Camaro Drivin'

Quote:
You gonna bring diaboli out this Friday to KMart if the kids don't have you running all over the place? Would be great to see you again :-)
I haven't received any request for my time Friday afternoon, so, i might luck out.

Of course it's pretty early in week. My younger daughter tends to wiat till the last moment to state any want or need that is gonna impact me!

4150 = Invoiced 15 July
4200 = Shipped 22 Jul
Old 08-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #574
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
I picked up my RJT yesterday! Let me know what you think of Zaino. I have never tried it. When is the next Jack Maxton show?
The last one for the year is August 21st. Get there before 7ish and don't forget to register inside it's free and you get a dash plaque. Also you can come down with me to Dayton if your not doing anything this friday. There will be at least one car treated with Zaino if the weather is good. Hopefully Lady-in-blue will bring her car down so I can help her test the anti-drool stain features of Zaino. Also I'm sure you wouldn't mind a nice hour drive to get the break-in period done faster.

Quote:
Great idea. I used to belong to the Greater Cinci Miata Club and once, maybe twice a year we'd do a "Shadytree Mechanics" day where people would hold their mods and we'd all get together and work on eachothers cars and some would Zaino, others would just chat. It was pretty fun. Something to think about.
I'll provide security... no one wants to mess with a 6'6 tall guy with a crazy face.

Quote:
Of course you can! You will want to strip off any thing on it... if you waxed with somehting else or if the dealer did anything. Here is my method:
5> Start with Z5. Do the entire car per the directions.
6> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions
7> Do a coat of Z2.
8> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions
9> repeat 5-8 as necessary untill all fine scratches and swirls are gone.
10> Always finish with a coat of Z2.
11> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions
12> Wash the car with Zaino wash (optional)
13> Do a wipe down with Z6 per instructions or the new Z8 (I have never used Z8...yet)

For maintenance, Wash with zaino wash and use Z2 and Z6. The Z5 just gets rid of the scratches and swirls. Z2 is the bread and Z6 is the butter!

This is what I did to the Mustang when we got it two years ago. Since we just layer on the Z2. The car looks like molten silver and is super slippery! i have no pictures that do it justice! This is the color, this is pre-zaino. This is when we just got it.

It really is an amazing system.
If I get the Z-6/Z-8 stuff do I still need to get Z-CS or is that overkill?
I'm thinking I'll be getting the ZKIT-1 (ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, Z18) and adding Z-8, Z-9, Z-10, Z-Bucket, and finally the Z-BBFT-3 borderfree towels. I just hate going to shows and having heather be all dirty

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?