Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
The wait - dealing with it

Hi there,

Nice to meet you all! Very nice people here and very informative. I've been reading everyday - at home, at work and even tried on my bb (doesnt work out that great)

This is my first car that I am buying out of my own pocket. And I am so excited!
I found a very nice dealer who totally understands what I want and what I'm going through being my first own car and all.

I've been reading voraciously about the car - kinda have consumed my free time. My walls, blackberry, desktop, laptop all have images of the 2010 camaro on it. Guess im just a little too excited.

Here's my question to you guys - what are some tips and tricks for keeping a cool head and positive attitude while enduring the long wait.

Thanks for your tips and help in advance,
Valentino
CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
destroyer4

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2006 PT Conv.
Send a message via AIM to destroyer4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
Hi there,

Nice to meet you all! Very nice people here and very informative. I've been reading everyday - at home, at work and even tried on my bb (doesnt work out that great)

This is my first car that I am buying out of my own pocket. And I am so excited!
I found a very nice dealer who totally understands what I want and what I'm going through being my first own car and all.

I've been reading voraciously about the car - kinda have consumed my free time. My walls, blackberry, desktop, laptop all have images of the 2010 camaro on it. Guess im just a little too excited.

Here's my question to you guys - what are some tips and tricks for keeping a cool head and positive attitude while enduring the long wait.

Thanks for your tips and help in advance,
Valentino
All I can say is be patient, hope your dealer communicates with you on the progress of your build and it could be a long wait but it is sooooooo worth it.
6000, Delivered to the customer
7/7/09
destroyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
jschuler
WildCat

Drives: 2LT Imperial blue/biege
I keep telling myself that it is more time I have to save up for it. Also, I call my dealer bi-weekly to see what the update is on the list. It may be annoying but now they know me by name and it's paid off....the order date keeps getting pushed up, so i'm more informed. I also stalk these forums, so don't feel too bad about being impatient. I know i'm going crazy....
jschuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
KitsuDexstrosity

Drives: 2010 1LT RS (IBM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer4 View Post
All I can say is be patient, hope your dealer communicates with you on the progress of your build and it could be a long wait but it is sooooooo worth it.
That's a definite on the communication with your dealer. I ordered a few weeks ago and there has been limited communication and has made the wait EXTREMELY long. Although only ordered 2 weeks ago, it feels like 2 months lol.

However, the forums do help, a lot.
KitsuDexstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
I waited almost 9 months for mine. I tried my best not to think about it most of the time. When that was impossible I looked at pictures and photoshops and tried to think about the little things I would do to make mine unique, like removing the GM "chicklets" (the little square GM badges behind the front wheels). And I focused a lot on saving money for the car.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
pino
Summit White 2SS WRS, Aut

Drives: Summit White 2SS on Order...
Wow, I guess it's not just me then...the anxiety is crazy. I've gotten better though, I'm actually sleeping ! I ordered mine 7/31/09. My status is obviously still in the 1100 series but I did receive some pretty good news today from my dealer. I called just to see if the order actually went through and I guess its pretty normal because he seemed to understand what I was asking for as soon as I called. He assured me the order was placed and that the production of the vehicles had actually started picking up at a quicker pace than the earlier production cycle. I guess GM is getting the process more streamlined. I ordered my CAMARO 7/31/2009 and that day the Gen. Manager said it would be October before delivery. After speaking with him today he sounded like it would be September. HERE IS TO HOPE !!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
No help for us bud, it is going to be maybe about 3 weeks left on my order. Longest 5 months of my life!!! Just hang in there, stick to this site, it will be your best past time.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
thanks for the kind words guys... glad to know im not the only one being anxious... thought i was going crazy!
CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
I have none. I'm driving myself batty in my wait to get into a position to order. I think my brain will ooze out my ear during the post order wait...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Keep expectations of the car realistic...
Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Make sure dealer has allocation and he is not keeping you at 1100 as a sold order. I did that for months and drove myself batty. I gave up and decided the car was worth traveling to get.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
damn hope your right , 2-3 months wait is understandable but anything more is crazy besides if they are making 450 a day 6 days a week I cannot see how they couldn't keep up the pace. Unless that information is wrong. I ordered mine on 7/27 and my rep said three months. crossing my fingers
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #13
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
damn hope your right , 2-3 months wait is understandable but anything more is crazy besides if they are making 450 a day 6 days a week I cannot see how they couldn't keep up the pace. Unless that information is wrong. I ordered mine on 7/27 and my rep said three months. crossing my fingers
They told me 3 months, at the beginning of April....I've still got at LEAST another week, but I'm fairly confident that'll extend into another month.

My advice would be, don't count the days. You'll only get angry/frustrated. Instead do like many have suggested. Par-take in the forms, talk about the car, learn everything you can before it comes, plan what you'll do to it/with it when it comes. These have all helped me by building my excitement and not focusing on the fact I'll be waiting close to double the time I was originally quoted.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This site helps

..It's your daily dose of Camaro-crack

Welcome!

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote