Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yep another brake pad question

I am currently running Hawk HPS pads (great for the street, not so much at the track (Road Atlanta), so I am changing pads before my next track day. Thinking about Carbotech pads, and my question is does anyone use Carbotech pads at the track and switch back to Hawk pads on the street?

Just wanting to make sure that by switching back and forth with the different brand of pads won't have a negative effect on them both.

Thanks,
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Yes, this is common practice and is called "pad swap". Usually takes half hour to forty-five minutes once you get good at it.

My questions for you is what are you mods: Hp, suspension and brakes?

How often do you track your car and how many times have you been on track. What run group are you in when you are on track. Are you a late braker??

This will help determine what type of pads to recommend.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I welcome suggestions on pads, but my main question is if there is a problem swapping pads of different manufacturers. Seems that I read somewhere that there was an issue unless both sets were from the same manufacturer.

Since I have Hawks for street driving, maybe suggestions on which Hawk pad as well as opinions on the Carbotech (which is what has been recommended to me).

2010 SS LS3 - My set up is Pfadt coilovers, sway bars, end links, trailing arms, toe rods, solid subframe mounts, and rear differential bushings. Headers, Cam, cold air intake, and exhaust. Stock calipers, slotted rotors, stainless lines, and fluid change.

Just got Forgeline GA1R wheels (20x11 rear & 20x10 front with Michelin Super Sport 295x35 rear and 285x35 front.

This is my 5th track day weekend and getting later and later with the braking.

thanks for the help.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote