Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #463
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
How much to retrofit HUD into a 2010?!?!?!
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #464
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
As will the Camaro. The plant is set up for 3 windshields (I think it is a test rig of some sort). One is for the coupe, the other the 'vert, and the 3rd is for HUD equiped cars. Not sure what will happen if you have a 'vert with a HUD though ...
I was more referring to comparison with the 2010.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #465
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
BTW Skyman - looks like your engine cover has to go get a bit of paint work re-done.
Luckily it is just a decal... Waiting for a 312 version now...
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #466
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post
Well,

That's dumb.

They couldn't offer more gear ratios?

They couldn't offer some sort of option that uses different springs and anti-roll bars or something like that? Pretty much anything that upgrades the suspension?

Seriously?

I'm sorry. I'm a huge Camaro fan, but that's just weak. You cant edge out the Mustang with a new color. Or a new Rating. A number won't increase your performance at all. If I said my brother's civic had 500 horsepower, it still wouldn't perform like it did.

Simple options that can increase performance and level out the playing field were ignored. REAL performance enthusiasts won't pick a car based on coolness (Luckily most buyers will; it's a life saver for the Camaro). They will pick the better performer (Mustang with Track Pack).

Not saying that the Mustang is a better car. Just saying that specific Mustang will outperform the Camaro.

Come on GM. We are getting beat. By something as achievable as 3 tenths on a sprint to 60, or a time on a quarter mile. Don't fall behind because of something that silly. You made a great car, now keep updating it to keep up with this fierce competition coming from Ford. The ball is in your court and this is how you respond...

/Rant
You don't understand things very well to expect them to one-up the Mustang in less than half a year. And the "better performer" has yet to be conclusively decided. The sales are still VERY strong, so your argument about what people will buy is a little flawed...
Old 04-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #467
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The Synergy Green interior accents are exclusive to the 1LT. I would suggest you order a black interior in your SG SS and then buy the SG panels at your dealer.
Yeah im assuming they wont have the interior with it, you think they'll sell green accents? So far ive seen white, silver, black, and yellow, along with orange of course, i hope they sell green that would be cool, id like to get that green stitching too but im not gonna pay to get eeeverything replaced just for stitching hahaha

And again for everyone, seriously just give it a little time, GM hasnt forgotten you V8 guys, im sure they have something hidden under the hood just waiting for the right minute to spring it on the community. I would love to see an SS Track Pack, that would be so amazing, like how SLP did the 4th gen SS and WS6, it wasnt a huge improvement but it did have some nifty features. Id say its only available on manual cars (just cause of the real LS3), squeeze about 30 or so more horsepower out of the car, lower it some, shed some weight in minor areas like suspension components, stiffen the suspension for competition rather than comfort, and finally cap it all off with 3.73 gears yum
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #468
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
thank you for making synergy green available on the SS.

too much whining in here, my goodness, just be thankful we have a camaro.
BEST POINT MADE ON THIS THREAD ALL DAY!

We all have it way better than someone on like a Corolla forum

"Toyota annouces today that your floor mats may kill you...
Toyota announces now your gas pedal may kill you too...
Toyota announces today they have know about their problems for years now but wanted to keep that secret hidden as long as possible...

Sometimes we forget how good we got it
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #469
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You don't understand things very well to expect them to one-up the Mustang in less than half a year. And the "better performer" has yet to be conclusively decided. The sales are still VERY strong, so your argument about what people will buy is a little flawed...
That's what I'm saying.

And to say the Camaro sells purely on "coolness" and not at all for it's performance is just ign'ent.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #470
ramairjohn2000

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
I honestly will say i have an issue with this:
HUD is awesome,
good to bump up the v6, but it better be a legitimate engineering tweek to produce more horsepower
I am disappointed with the fact that there is not a track pack (suspension/brake upgrade), to offer as the affordable mans performance care.......glad i am waiting and still have my 2000 ws6....come on gm u need to step it up.........dont let it pass you by like it has before.....
ramairjohn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #471
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I seriously seriously doubt their was a legitimate engineering tweak to produce more hp for the 2011 V6.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #472
Sheitskees

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000 View Post
good to bump up the v6, but it better be a legitimate engineering tweek to produce more horsepower
I wouldn't be too sure they did tweaking, by the sounds of things it seems like they just rated it with 91-93 octane fuel rather than 87 to get the higher HP bump.
Sheitskees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #473
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Old 04-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #474
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Keep in mind that the 2011 MY Mustang was just released...

And I think that although press coverage comparing the two is scarce, the Mustang will still outperform the Camaro due to a better power-to-weight ratio.
Sure MT is biased, but it makes sense on paper and by using logic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Mustang fan. I'm just trying to tell it like i see it. And I understand what you are saying about GM only having half a year for improvements, possibly even less time, but it shouldn't take much to have assurance that the Camaro will outperform the Mustang.
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #475
westdu

Drives: 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I seriously seriously doubt their was a legitimate engineering tweak to produce more hp for the 2011 V6.
Of course not. Just look at the GM trucks, for a couple years (2002-2005) every year had 5-10 more HP without any changes, and then changing to an aluminum block gave it another 10 HP? Doubt it. The truth is that GM has always underrated their V8 engines and sounds like they are doing the same with the V6 engines.

There was a thread on the 'net a while back about a guy buying a 2006 Silverado with the 5.3 which dynoed stock at 310 rwhp, when the flywheel rating was 310.
westdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #476
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000 View Post
I honestly will say i have an issue with this:
HUD is awesome,
I am disappointed with the fact that there is not a track pack (suspension/brake upgrade), to offer as the affordable mans performance care.......glad i am waiting and still have my 2000 ws6....come on gm u need to step it up.........dont let it pass you by like it has before.....
Welp, you cant please everyone with 426hp and 4-wheel Brembos...

I share your enthusiasm for a track pack its just hard to conceive what it would be other than a few suspension tweaks, and even then...i mean we already have Brembos all around, Independant Rear Suspension system, massive 426hp motor, really all i could see them doing is upgrading a few minor suspension parts and maybe pushing a few more horses out and at that point people might just question whether its worth it.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls