Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #43
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
hi guys.....just lurkin'....
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #44
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I'm going to watch Lingenfelter and see what THEY do! and THEY can't WAIT to make MORE PONYS!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #45
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I don't recall reading this recently, or even at all, but most of the time, ZXX option codes were usually reserved for suspension options. Z71 - off-road; ZR1 - I got nothin', LOL! I gotta' look up a ZR1 from the 70s (I know there was a ZR-2 but can't remember ZR-1 Z06 - I don't have to say anything; Z51 - better gearing, tires, brakes, etc. When I was at the dealer, we had RPO code books, and when you went to the Z-section, there were mostly related to suspension options.
yea I know.

zr-2 was an S-10 4x4
Z85 silverado suspension
z71 also suspension. but people still referred to them as Z71's...

as for what my plans are. . .

not buy a camaro anytime soon. . . .not settling. I'm fixing up my 4th gen Z28. paying off debt and then considering an RS/SS vert cyber gray manual.

that's how it's going to come down unless the Z28 bows. then it's going to be leave the 4th gen alone for now and buy the 5th gen z28.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #46
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Maw Punk...

Don't do that. I won't be able to allow you in my house anymore....

no, seriuosly.... don't do it....

Seriously, I'm on a fence right now ... THe concept was the hottest car EVER to me. That was love at first sight.
The morning after I woke up a little disappointed with the pre prod ... then I got used too.
The prod looks good, but there are few things annoying me, mainly power and SS front bumper.

I understand and agree with people saying "mod your car, supercharge the engine and change the bumper". But I'm not in the US and this sounds unreachable, this is why I wanted a car where the only thing I'd have to do would be sitting, a push the accelerator.

Not being american, I'm not too much into Ford vs. GM, but I do love american cars. I'd rather have a vette than a Ferrari.

I'm no professional driver, 420 would be enough to have fun, but this was not what I dreamt about.

I don't like the mustang gt, but the GT500 has a killer look. I know the GT500 is a drag car that can't handle a turn, but I like the philosophy.

My brother's owning a 1990 ZR1 told me "420hp is good enough, you like the car, get the car, you may die soon, enjoy life".

On the other hand I'm not that rich and working in an industry which is sinking ... I have to think about it.

Camaro: kinda disappointed love
GT500: no love but kinda "look that hoooot chick over there! Probably stupid but still hot"

Right now, I just don't know what to do. My gf'd rather an appartment than a pony car, my bro says "enjoy life, appartments are boring, cars are cool", and my wallet says "don't screw on that one, I won't afford a mistake"

:upset:

This car is gonna make me crazy
Old 09-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #47
Punk_rider

No seriously, I'm keeping thinking about it, again and again, CAFE or not, I just can't imagine GM accepting to be laughed at by Ford.

This is just not possible. I don't know CAFE that much, looks like an avrage for a car builder. Ok, GM is making more and more hybrids, electric cars and so on. Electric= no mpg.

Thus you can make a high power car. Even a limited edition.

No I can't imagine passionate people like fbod to surrender in front of ford.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #48
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
whew...

That's better....

I'm waiting until early 2010. So by then I will know if GMPP will provide a kit for me.

If not, I will be stopping by Eaton and getting a knock off of the 1900 or 2300... and be oh so happy.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #49
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
In "keeping the faith" I wanted to post some supercharger kits that GM already makes for other various cars.

#12498660-$1,700.00-2.4 DOHC cars
#12498927-$3,000.00-1.8 Pontiac Vibe auto
#12499105-$3,000.00-1.8 Pontiac Vibe manual
#17800003-$2,800.00-2.2L cars

Thanks to the LS9, Gm could easily produce a kit in bulk and cut costs on both ends of the spectrum.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #50
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
whew...

That's better....

I'm waiting until early 2010. So by then I will know if GMPP will provide a kit for me.

If not, I will be stopping by Eaton and getting a knock off of the 1900 or 2300... and be oh so happy.
that's a long wait!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #51
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
. Guys I have a friend of mine that I think has it worse than any of you in regards to the Z28/ SS topics. I just found out that he got him self so worked up over the whole maybe may be not issue of making the car, then the whole CAFE problem that he had an anxiety attack. It is weird to know that a car can affect someone’s health and well being like that. But he will be OK from what I have been told. I do think given that aspect that he does have some issues he defiantly needs to address.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #52
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
. Guys I have a friend of mine that I think has it worse than any of you in regards to the Z28/ SS topics. I just found out that he got him self so worked up over the whole maybe may be not issue of making the car, then the whole CAFE problem that he had an anxiety attack. It is weird to know that a car can affect someone’s health and well being like that. But he will be OK from what I have been told. I do think given that aspect that he does have some issues he defiantly needs to address.
Jeez! Hopefully he'll be okay. Maybe he needs some anti-anxiety meds. He should try not to get so worked up, in the grand scheme of things it's just a car.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #53
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
In "keeping the faith" I wanted to post some supercharger kits that GM already makes for other various cars.

#12498660-$1,700.00-2.4 DOHC cars
#12498927-$3,000.00-1.8 Pontiac Vibe auto
#12499105-$3,000.00-1.8 Pontiac Vibe manual
#17800003-$2,800.00-2.2L cars

Thanks to the LS9, Gm could easily produce a kit in bulk and cut costs on both ends of the spectrum.
I want to make a brief correction about the last one (17800003). That one is only for the Cavalier and Sunfire, even though the same 2.2L EcoTec is in the Cobalt. There are small changes, but that kit is not capable of being installed on the Cobalt LS. Due to this, Cobalt owners have resorted to the aftermarket.

Other than that, GM is definitely known for making performance kits for cars. A Camaro supercharger kit is almost expected of GM. If they make it, I will definitely be considering it, depending on my expenses at the time.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #54
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I want to make a brief correction about the last one (17800003). That one is only for the Cavalier and Sunfire, even though the same 2.2L EcoTec is in the Cobalt. There are small changes, but that kit is not capable of being installed on the Cobalt LS. Due to this, Cobalt owners have resorted to the aftermarket.

Other than that, GM is definitely known for making performance kits for cars. A Camaro supercharger kit is almost expected of GM. If they make it, I will definitely be considering it, depending on my expenses at the time.
LOL. Blur, you pickey S.O.B. I was multi-tasking my post and customers.
I was summarizing and going for the big picture since I don't expect many of you to be looking for a l-4 supercharger from me.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #55
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
Jeez! Hopefully he'll be okay. Maybe he needs some anti-anxiety meds. He should try not to get so worked up, in the grand scheme of things it's just a car.
X2 I hope he's okay. At least Camaro is back. If need be, anyone can have the car built any way they want it

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #56
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
LOL. Blur, you pickey S.O.B. I was multi-tasking my post and customers.
I was summarizing and going for the big picture since I don't expect many of you to be looking for a l-4 supercharger from me.
I only knew that because I used to be active on a Cobalt forum. On this forum, I correct Z28 misconceptions. On that one, everyone new joined and asked, "Does this Cavalier supercharger fit my Cobalt?"

A lot of people didn't like me telling them to use the search button and adding to my signature, "No—that supercharger doesn't fit your Cobalt."
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote