Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
1-5yrs. I drive in anything! 18 14.29%
1-5yrs. She's a garage queen! 7 5.56%
5-10yrs I drive in anything! 26 20.63%
5-10yrs. She's a garage queen! 11 8.73%
10-I die in the driver's seat. I drive in anything! 34 26.98%
10-I die in the driver's seat. She's a garage queen! 30 23.81%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #15
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
ordered mine 9/09, received her 10/6/09, and yes she's mine at least for the forseeable future. I also still have my '67 Camaro that I bought back in 1974, yes I can and do hang onto my favorite toys, lol
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Guns, trucks, tools, and cars... I choose to use the ever-lovin' hell out of them. I mock the guy with the lifted 4X4 full-sized rig that has never been off- road farther than the Wal-Mart parking lot, and a gold- plated pistol engraved with pictures---but should NEVER be (gasp) fired--- is utterly unappealing to me. I like everything to be used as God or Ruger or GM intended. Yes, lots of maintenance (I wash my Camaro three times per week, average, including a pretty good detail job on the interior), and my guns get cleaned after every use. My ten- year old truck, which goes off- road, and hauls heavy stuff, and tows big things, gets washed and waxed pretty regularly, and oil changes and maintenence keep it alive and looking good. Use 'em, love 'em, take care of 'em. That's how I get my best bang for the buck!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Guns, trucks, tools, and cars... I choose to use the ever-lovin' hell out of them. I mock the guy with the lifted 4X4 full-sized rig that has never been off- road farther than the Wal-Mart parking lot, and a gold- plated pistol engraved with pictures---but should NEVER be (gasp) fired--- is utterly unappealing to me. I like everything to be used as God or Ruger or GM intended. Yes, lots of maintenance (I wash my Camaro three times per week, average, including a pretty good detail job on the interior), and my guns get cleaned after every use. My ten- year old truck, which goes off- road, and hauls heavy stuff, and tows big things, gets washed and waxed pretty regularly, and oil changes and maintenence keep it alive and looking good. Use 'em, love 'em, take care of 'em. That's how I get my best bang for the buck!
We're on the same page my man
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
See, I think that happens to a lot of people. My father in law had an awesome (for a Ford) Mustang GT. In 2 years put like 1000 miles on it or something ridiculous. Then traded it in, and never really got to enjoy the thing. On a smaller scale I had a buddy and his gf buy me a knive with stuff engraved on the blade when I graduated college. Instead of storing it away on some shelf to pay attention to it for 2 weeks then forget about it, I carried it and used it and showed it off for a few years. It got beat up but I got to love it daily. I have a Gibson Les Paul guitar I bought in highschool. It is beat to SHIT, but I love it that way. Every mark is some memory of some practice or cool show I played back in the day. Guitar people are like car people in a lot of respects regarding their toys.

I dunno, I guess I'm not that sentimental about stuff. I personally get more out of day to day use that the IDEA of some really nice thing staying that way. That make sense?
In those 3.5 years - 5 months/year for winter storage, I still managed to put 18,000 miles on the SS. Not driving one is like dating a supermodel and not banging her, you're just saving her for the next guy.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I kept my first Camaro for 21 years. I have no plans to get rid of this one anytime soon but I never say never. I do store it in the winter because I can. I do drive it a lot in the nice weather though 22,000 miles in the 2 years I have had it. I don't want to save it for the next guy.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
'' Keeping this thing for the rest ,bla, bla ,bla'' , it's like ones first girlfriend , ''forever and ever kind a stuff'' .
Come on now , it's very rare % that this happen to anyone , let alone not to add a second one or more along the way .
I've kept cars for 10+ years. With modern cars, its pretty easy to do so and economically it makes more sense. But little things will start to go bad. Electrical. Ceiling foam. trim pieces.

Also, chucking out $600+ here/there to replace control arms, heater cores, oil pans, etc. gets annoying. Again, maintenance is cheaper than a car note but unexpected expenses and wait time is a big inconvenience.

But when the little annoying things start to pile up and the unfixable smell associated with 10+ years of fart messes up socializing, time to either get a cheap lease and keep the old car and/or get something new.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
the unfixable smell associated with 10+ years of fart
Had to quote that part for the real LOL on that haha
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
See, I think that happens to a lot of people. My father in law had an awesome (for a Ford) Mustang GT. In 2 years put like 1000 miles on it or something ridiculous. Then traded it in, and never really got to enjoy the thing. On a smaller scale I had a buddy and his gf buy me a knive with stuff engraved on the blade when I graduated college. Instead of storing it away on some shelf to pay attention to it for 2 weeks then forget about it, I carried it and used it and showed it off for a few years. It got beat up but I got to love it daily. I have a Gibson Les Paul guitar I bought in highschool. It is beat to SHIT, but I love it that way. Every mark is some memory of some practice or cool show I played back in the day. Guitar people are like car people in a lot of respects regarding their toys.

I dunno, I guess I'm not that sentimental about stuff. I personally get more out of day to day use that the IDEA of some really nice thing staying that way. That make sense?
Are you sure he never enjoyed it? I bought mine to be a garage queen and I enjoy it every time I drive it, still feels and smells brand new. When the next model or car comes along that you trade yours in on, I might buy one too, but I'll just keep the Camaro also.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
I drive her everyday. Also love paying off the loan and driving it for years with no payments , That being said i want a SS or LS7 2014 bad , Just waiting for the right time to do it. Which means a great deal on a used Camaro, Or suck it up and buy new , Just not in to being under what the car is worth for 4 years till it evens out.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
It depends on what's available in the future and what my finances are when those options are available. I originally planned on keeping it forever, but who knows.

What I do know is that I will drive it in any weather, doesn't matter. I actually feel safer in the Camaro than I do in my SUV in inclement weather. But it doesn't snow here and the roads seldom ice over, so "inclement" is a loose term...

Cars are meant to be driven. These are $40k-ish automobiles, not $250k exotics. The only reason you garage queen a $40k car is because you just don't want to detail it more often.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
I rarely keep anything past 3 years. I like to get the latest and greatest that I can afford. I'll most likely always have a car payment unless I come into big money
The Camaro SS is fun for now.
There are however cars that I'd keep forever in my dream garage if I had the money:
13' GT500
GTR
ZR1
Bugatti lol
13' Viper...

Last edited by L99BEN; 01-08-2013 at 06:13 PM.
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
My car was bought with the itch of a performance car again. After the year I have had it, it'll never be replaced. Too much sentimental value now . Will die in the driver's seat and will drive it in anything.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Mine will probably be gone in May after graduation from law school.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
marcvilla

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Mine is a daily driver, I'll wait and see what they come up with for gen 6 if i like i dont have a problem letting her go
marcvilla is offline   Reply With Quote