Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
120 thats it
I think they limit them on rides like that. When Mike Wallace or whoever interviewed Jr while driving a fews years back they gave them a Vette speed limited to 120 for the ride.

But it's really cool to see drivers, or any celebrities, get involved with real issues and not be buttheads.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #30
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
would bang

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
hcso617

Drives: 15 SS 2SS RS 1LE Red Rock Metallic
Great cause, great car and most of all courageous women.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #32
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
How much racing experience do you have on dirt or asphalt?
How much do you have?

There is no question that a pro racer at ANY level would embarrass a non-racer on any race track.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #33
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
She has good taste in performance vehicles.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #34
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
How much do you have?

There is no question that a pro racer at ANY level would embarrass a non-racer on any race track.
I've met Clint Bowyer on a couple of occasions, also watched him race on dirt in an IMCA modified the last couple years against my local circle burners. Clint Bowyer is one hell of a dirt driver, but he doesn't embarrass the top wheel men where I live. Plenty of people making laps at local dirt tracks with the talent and ability to race at higher levels that will never get a chance to do it. My racing experience is not with driving, but with engine building, car building, car setup, and everything else I gotta do to field 3 dirt track cars every weekend. Asphalt is a hell of a lot easier to race on than dirt. If you're good you can adapt to any sort of track, Danica can't. She's horrible on dirt. Dirt is very much a driver surface, you have to be extremely smooth, and understand that slower is faster.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #35
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Great cause although don't like her at all. She is as rude as they come!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #36
Jim968

Quote:
I've met Clint Bowyer on a couple of occasions, also watched him race on dirt in an IMCA modified the last couple years against my local circle burners. Clint Bowyer is one hell of a dirt driver, but he doesn't embarrass the top wheel men where I live. Plenty of people making laps at local dirt tracks with the talent and ability to race at higher levels that will never get a chance to do it. My racing experience is not with driving, but with engine building, car building, car setup, and everything else I gotta do to field 3 dirt track cars every weekend. Asphalt is a hell of a lot easier to race on than dirt. If you're good you can adapt to any sort of track, Danica can't. She's horrible on dirt. Dirt is very much a driver surface, you have to be extremely smooth, and understand that slower is faster.
No arguments on the skill of dirt track drivers, as I have tons of respect for them. I think lurker’s point is that Danica would wipe the track with anyone posting negative comments about her in this thread. On that point he’s 100% correct. You may know what it takes to field a competitive car on dirt, but if you’ve never turned a wheel yourself then Danica would kick your butt around your local track. If you don’t believe me then ask Clint Bowyer the next time you see him.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
120...on a race track???

That's like making a cup of coffee in a moonshine still.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #38
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Too bad shes a poor race car driver.
Hard to imagine you sounding like a bigger fool, but I guess anything is possible!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #39
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Quote:
Sounds like the makings of a professional spectator.
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
Jim968

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabotAndHeat View Post
120...on a race track???

That's like making a cup of coffee in a moonshine still.
In a car with no safety equipment and no helmets, 120 is about as fast as you would want to go. Sure the car could go faster, but would you want to risk killing a car full of breast can dr survivors?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #41
Warpaint69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleone View Post
Sounds like the makings of a professional spectator.

I wonder who owns the engine in this car, tunes the engine, makes setup changes at the track every weekend 7 months out of the year? I do.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #42
Warpaint69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
No arguments on the skill of dirt track drivers, as I have tons of respect for them. I think lurker’s point is that Danica would wipe the track with anyone posting negative comments about her in this thread. On that point he’s 100% correct. You may know what it takes to field a competitive car on dirt, but if you’ve never turned a wheel yourself then Danica would kick your butt around your local track. If you don’t believe me then ask Clint Bowyer the next time you see him.

She could beat me on asphalt or most any average joe that's never driven on asphalt, but on dirt she is horrible. She raced a late model in Tony Stewart's prelude to the dream benefit race he use to do yearly, she literally destroyed that race car from hitting the wall at least half a dozen times. Cruz Pedregon a NHRA driver can drive on dirt better than Danica! I will stand by my view of her being a terrible driver, watching her park her car on the first lap into the wall at Kansas Speedway speaks for itself. She's beautiful and she sells.

Clint Bowyer never raced asphalt until he went to NASCAR, he raced IMCA Modifieds at Lake Side Speedway which is a dirt track.