Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
withoutt

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Phastek Performance and my terrible experience!

Hey all,

So I ordered myself a nice CAI for my 2014 V6 Camaro. Heard great things about Phastek Performance so decided to go through them to get it. Worse decision of my life.

The shipping speed of it was great, placed order, shipped next day, which I was happy about since it would arrive right before i leave for vacation. Package comes, start taking the camaro apart, pull it out of the box, see its black, I ordered Chrome, was like cool I got a black one since they were on back-ordered for them, go to put it in, doesn't fit. Looking closer at it, its the V8 CAI.

Now normally, mistakes happen, however when I pull out the packing slip, they highlight my name, the part number, and my order which states, Chrome V6 CAI Camaro

So I email Phastek at like 10 at night, telling them whats going on, and told I would call in morning as well. They email me back telling me to take it back to a UPS store and send it back. Why should I haft to drive 30 minutes to the closest UPS store for their mistake?

I call them, tell them I'm not driving 30 mins for a UPS store to drop it off, can they arrange a house pick-up. The guy says no they don't do that, so I tell them I want a price off my CIA then since they made a mistake and making me waste my money to return in via gas. They tell me all they can do is give me a free t-shirt, and will ask there shipping if they can arrange pick up and call me back. 5 days later, still no phone call back, I've called and left 3 messages and UPS randomly shows up at my house today while im at work. I'll already told them I want my money back for their terrible customer service.

What issues have you guys had with them and who do you recommend getting a nice CAI from?

I would NEVER recommend Phastek Performance to anyone for anything.
withoutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
IBTM
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Ithrix

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 45th Anniversary
Got mine from Apex. Stupid fast shipping, sent me everything, offered me a good deal.
Ithrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
I have nothing but great things to say about Phastek. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1415739334712.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  49.0 KB
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I've never had a bad experience from Phastek. It's not a big deal to drive to a UPS center, and unless you are in a hicktown in the middle of nowhere you probably have UPS drop off point less than 10 minutes away. I have like 10 spots within 10 miles, and I'm in a semi-small town
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
I have ordered a bunch of stuff from Phastek...never had a problem.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
I have nothing but great things to say about Phastek. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Attachment 674106

I just got a heritage grille from them. Everything went smooth. Sorry that happened to you and good luck!

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
In before the mod deletes.
Why would a mod remove a buyer experience?

If they allow good reviews to remain, there is no reason a bad can not.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Why would a mod remove a buyer experience?

If they allow good reviews to remain, there is no reason a bad can not.
They'll probably move it to the "Vendor Review" area
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
By the way, anytime any online store has EVER sent me the wrong part, I have never had UPS come pick up the stuff themselves. It's extremely rare for people to do that.
Even with amazon prime, where you pay an annual fee and I buy tons of stuff, they do not offer that.

OP is unreasonable. Phastek Performance is a great store and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
LOL... @ getting the wrong CAI is the worst decision of your life...

Sounds to me like Phastek was going out of their way to swap it out and even sent a truck to your house because you were too stubborn to drive your cool car down to UPS and ship it. Then ask for money off. WoW I feel sorry for that Phastek will even have to respond to this. They are a 1st CLASS Company.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
LOL... @ getting the wrong CAI is the worst decision of your life...

Sounds to me like Phastek was going out of their way to swap it out and even sent a truck to your house because you were too stubborn to drive your cool car down to UPS and ship it. Then ask for money off. WoW I feel sorry for that Phastek will even have to respond to this. They are a 1st CLASS Company.
Lol. Priorities.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #13
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutt View Post
Hey all,

So I ordered myself a nice CAI for my 2014 V6 Camaro. Heard great things about Phastek Performance so decided to go through them to get it. Worse decision of my life.

The shipping speed of it was great, placed order, shipped next day, which I was happy about since it would arrive right before i leave for vacation. Package comes, start taking the camaro apart, pull it out of the box, see its black, I ordered Chrome, was like cool I got a black one since they were on back-ordered for them, go to put it in, doesn't fit. Looking closer at it, its the V8 CAI.

Now normally, mistakes happen, however when I pull out the packing slip, they highlight my name, the part number, and my order which states, Chrome V6 CAI Camaro

So I email Phastek at like 10 at night, telling them whats going on, and told I would call in morning as well. They email me back telling me to take it back to a UPS store and send it back. Why should I haft to drive 30 minutes to the closest UPS store for their mistake?

I call them, tell them I'm not driving 30 mins for a UPS store to drop it off, can they arrange a house pick-up. The guy says no they don't do that, so I tell them I want a price off my CIA then since they made a mistake and making me waste my money to return in via gas. They tell me all they can do is give me a free t-shirt, and will ask there shipping if they can arrange pick up and call me back. 5 days later, still no phone call back, I've called and left 3 messages and UPS randomly shows up at my house today while im at work. I'll already told them I want my money back for their terrible customer service.

What issues have you guys had with them and who do you recommend getting a nice CAI from?

I would NEVER recommend Phastek Performance to anyone for anything.
Jonathan,

First off I do apologize for this happening to you. I spoke with you and have been helping you with the issue to get you taken care of. When I got your phone call and email on 11/6, I immediately got with the shipping department to find out what happened. We got everything going for you to make sure your were taken care of as soon as possible. I did try to call you to let you know what was going on Friday 11/7, but there was no answer. I figured since you were out of town you might have been tied up with something and unfortunately we are closed on the weekends.

During our conversation on 11/6 I informed you that we were going to send you a return label and once the package shows motion we would send the correct intake out right away. We only do that to guarantee that we are going to get the wrong intake back from you. You stated that you were going out of town and asked if we could have the package picked up. After talking with my shipping manager we processed the package to be picked up Friday 11/7, UPS takes some time to get all the information to the driver to have the package picked up. Since they do not process requests on the weekends, they tried to pick the package up on Monday 11/10 and were unsuccessful. They will try again 2 other times.

What I had our shipping department do is send the correct intake to you on Friday 11/7 so that way you would not be waiting to long to get the correct intake before the wrong intake was picked up. I tried to call you on Friday to let you know, I left messages, I am sorry if you did not get them.

The tracking shows that is should be delivered tomorrow 11/12. They did resend you the tracking number on Friday as well, if you did not get it I do apologize, sometimes our emails do go to spam boxes. So now you will have received the correct one before the wrong one is sent back, we hope that you still send the wrong one back.

If you have any other issues please let us know. UPS is going to try and pick up the package again tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any other problems or questions.

Thank you,
Ricardo

Last edited by Sales@Phastek; 11-21-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #14
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
Jonathan,

First off I do apologize for this happening to you. I spoke with you and have been helping you with the issue to get you taken care of. I did try to call you to let you know what was going on Friday but there was no answer. I figured since you were out of town you might have been tied up with something and unfortunately we are closed on the weekends.

During our conversation I informed you that we were going to send you a return label and once the package shows motion we would send the correct intake out right away. We only do that to guarantee that we are going to get the wrong intake back from you. You stated that you were going out of town and asked if we could have the package picked up. After talking with my shipping manager we processed the package to be picked up Friday, UPS takes some time to get all the information to the driver to have the package picked up. Since they do not process requests on the weekends, they tried to pick the package up on Monday 11/10 and were unsuccessful. They will try again 2 other times.

What I had our shipping department do is send the correct intake to you on Friday 11/7 so that way you would not be waiting to long to get the correct intake before the wrong intake was picked up. I tried to call you on Friday to let you know, I left messages, I am sorry if you did not get them.

The tracking shows that is should be delivered tomorrow 11/12. They did resend you the tracking number on Friday as well, if you did not get it I do apologize, sometimes our emails do go to spam boxes. So now you will have received the correct one before the wrong one is sent back, we hope that you still send the wrong one back.

If you have any other issues please let us know. UPS is going to try and pick up the package again tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any other problems or questions.

Thank you,
Ricardo

Great cust services prevails.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote