Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #127
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
high wing spoiler and blade spoiler are different .one is for ricers and the other is not.
Since there are only two spoiler choices, deck lid (stock) and blade, it's a safe bet the "High Wing Spoiler" is just the dealer name for the blade spoiler.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #128
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Since there are only two spoiler choices, deck lid (stock) and blade, it's a safe bet the "High Wing Spoiler" is just the dealer name for the blade spoiler.
Oh no, the blade spoiler and the high wing spoiler are completely different. The blade spoiler is not available yet, either through the order process or through the dealers.

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #129
bigjohns97

Drives: 2011 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Interior illumination package comes with leather and since 2SS= leather you will have it
So what color will it be?
bigjohns97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #130
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Oh no, the blade spoiler and the high wing spoiler are completely different. The blade spoiler is not available yet, either through the order process or through the dealers.

Oh, so it's the decklid and blade spoilers that are the same? My bad.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #131
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Oh, so it's the decklid and blade spoilers that are the same? My bad.
no.

The decklid spoiler is not the blade spoiler.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #132
EZ28

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro soon! ;-)
So is Chevy going to update their pricing via the website pdf? What's the correct price for the 2SS? 34,180 or 33,430

The PDF still shows 34,180 as the starting price.
Attached Images

EZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #133
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ28 View Post
So is Chevy going to update their pricing via the website pdf? What's the correct price for the 2SS? 34,180 or 33,430

The PDF still shows 34,180 as the starting price.

34180 includes the 750$ destination fee ,33430 thats without.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #134
EZ28

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro soon! ;-)
, that makes sense. Thanks!
EZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #135
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
the 33,430 is without delivery charge of 750 so 34,180 is the right price

someone beat me to it
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #136
ChrisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohns97 View Post
So what color will it be?
Standard is Blue lights with gray/silver panels

You can option to Orange with the Orange interior package(orange lights, panels, seats and stitching on the seats)

Or you can go to the parts department of your local chevy dealer once production starts to get yellow, orange, white or silver

This was explained by John from Gm accesories in another thread

The interior trim kit from GM Accessories will not change the light pipe but it will change the color that is reflected by backpainting the trim pieces. The available colors are Yellow, Orange, White, and Silver
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #137
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the stripes at the factory are the rally stripes
Okay, so now I'm confused again. What's the difference between code VYY and code B7W? They show different prices, and neither one is the hood/hockey stripes which is code VYR.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #138
Doezzer

Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

There seems to be alot of questions concerning the 1-the dealer installed option pricing 2- GMS/Supplier pricing 3- Dealership Cost versus MSRP and 4- Delivery dates after orders are taken

Well most of these I can shed some light on. I am a current GM employee with Chas H Jenkins as well as spending alot of time with the Camaro itself. I can list a mass of creditials but it would be more of self-promotion than really gettin to the nitty-gritty.
So to the nitty-gritty... ...1- Dealer installed options are not inclusive of the listed MSRP/GMS/Supplier prices and to be more precise a dealer has a outlined cost of (for example) the high wing spoiler. They can add whatever they really want to that cost as well as the labor times. Labor times are broken down through the Service department and thier they are given a base time of say 1.5 hours of labor. Service can then add another .5 labor hours for the high wing spoiler for a total of 2 hours labor. So it can break down like this...High wing Spoiler=300 cost / 450 dealer charge + 100.00 (2 hours labor at 50 per hour) so the dealership made 200 profit on the spoiler. That basic formula applies to all dealer installed accessories.

2- GMS/Supplier pricing v/s MSRP- There will be a extremly select few dealerships that will honor either GMS/Supplier pricing BUT for those that do here is what you should know. IF you are a active Military you DO qualify for supllier price...if you are a collage grad you DO qualify for supllier price, if you work for a company that is contracted to/ affliated with/ loyal to GM (such as NUCore Steel) then you qualify for supllier price.
If you are a GM Employee you do qualify for the GMS Price which goes without saying. In both cases you will have to get your Code for the discount price which most often is retrived online. BUT

3- MSRP is not a defintive set in stone price. For example when the first ZO6 hit the ground they sold on average at 95,000-100,000. The new ZR1 has already been sold at 125,000 and 130,000 and its not even been delivered yet. Dealerships have the ablity and often do increase MSRP with Adendum stickers that reflect current market demand and manufactures supply ratios. What this translates to is to be prepared to see a much higher MSRP v/s actual sellin price. BUT

FEAR NOT for here is a couple suggestions to make a dealership shut the frak up and deal. One get away from big city dealerships...they deal in mass and they know for all your haggling they can sell 8 more to ppl that will be in five min after you ...so most often they never waste the time they just say no go away lol. Smaller dealerships require your buisness and want to set up for repeat customers down the road which in turn gives them alot more flexablity towards a new customer and what they look for. Also go into any dealership prepared...know what the car you want is what the options you want are and do not let them move you from options and the car you want. Also if you want something the dealership does not have and they say they can go get it...KNKOW that they get it at thier cost not yours...otherwise you can go there yourself

And finally 4- Thats up in the air atm so i can not give a more accurate idea of when expected delivers will take place...keep in mind that after they are shipped it can range anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for the drivers and shipping to reach the unload points.

In any case if anyone has any questions...just post em up or call me at work 252-332-2191 (just ask for Davis)...hell i can even help in ordering em

Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #139
ChrisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doezzer View Post

There seems to be alot of questions concerning the 1-the dealer installed option pricing 2- GMS/Supplier pricing 3- Dealership Cost versus MSRP and 4- Delivery dates after orders are taken

Well most of these I can shed some light on. I am a current GM employee with Chas H Jenkins as well as spending alot of time with the Camaro itself. I can list a mass of creditials but it would be more of self-promotion than really gettin to the nitty-gritty.
So to the nitty-gritty... ...1- Dealer installed options are not inclusive of the listed MSRP/GMS/Supplier prices and to be more precise a dealer has a outlined cost of (for example) the high wing spoiler. They can add whatever they really want to that cost as well as the labor times. Labor times are broken down through the Service department and thier they are given a base time of say 1.5 hours of labor. Service can then add another .5 labor hours for the high wing spoiler for a total of 2 hours labor. So it can break down like this...High wing Spoiler=300 cost / 450 dealer charge + 100.00 (2 hours labor at 50 per hour) so the dealership made 200 profit on the spoiler. That basic formula applies to all dealer installed accessories.

We have been told that all the LPO prices do Include labor

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...249#post158249

and the dealerhsip doesnt make 200$ on the spoiler
Cost is 514.60 and they sell it for 620$
Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #140
MEENGREENGTP
FLAWLESS PRODUCTIONS LLC.

Drives: Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Damn, that's cheep! You work in a local shop or a chain? That would be awesome if they offer some GMPP clones for around 2 grand mounted!
yea its a local shop here in NW indiana.. me & a buddy just started i wanna say 2 1/2 years ago.. started out with a few sets and its been blowing up since man.. right now we get our wheels from these companys..

Americanracing.com
wheeldg.com
pdkwheels.com
wheelpros.com

HUD isnt all its cracked up to be.. after a while u forget its there.. i have one in the gtp, who cares.. im getting this thing NOW. im done waiting
MEENGREENGTP is offline   Reply With Quote