Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
redracer1
I Feel The Need For Speed

Drives: 2002 35th Anniversary SS/LE
HUGE Orange County Horsepower Meet, Greet, & PCH Cruise 03/07/10

Have you guys seen this?

Thread:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wester...3-07-10-a.html

The demand called for it so OCHP is organizing a fun event for all you car enthusiasts.

Orange County Horsepower Meet, Greet, & PCH Cruise
Sunday, March 7th at 10:00am

We're placing this thread on multiple forums and we're expecting a very large group of cars to attend. Last time OCHP set something like this up last year for our summer cruise, we had 75+ cars and that was exclusive to Ford's. This event is open to any car enthusiast that wishes to attend. We're expecting a large range of very fast cars (Terminator's, Mach 1's, GT500's, Lightning's, ZO6's, Z51's, Camaro's, Viper's, Charger's, Supra's, EVO's, STi's, etc...) so everyone leave your stereotypes at home because we're all just looking to have a good time and maybe even get a sneak peak of the competition.

Agenda:

10:00am: Meet at the Irvine Spectrum (Target parking lot off of Enterprise).
11:30am: PCH Cruise takes place (see below for map and details on route).
1:00pm: Meet back at the Irvine Spectrum for photo opportunities, food, and good company.

The route we're taking allows us to cruise the Pacific Coast Hwy. for nearly 30 miles and will take a total of 1 1/2 hours most likely (depending on our pace). **I suggest everyone get gas prior to 10:00am because there will be way too many cars to stop during the cruise** We'll be leaving the Irvine Spectrum and taking the 5 South (21 miles) to El Camino Real (turns into PCH) in San Clemente. We'll be heading North on PCH (25 miles) and cruising through Capistrano Beach, Dana Point, Salt Creek Beach, Aliso Beach, Laguna Beach, Crystal Cove, Corona Del Mar, and Newport Beach. We will then make a right onto Newport Blvd. and take the 55 North to the 405 South (15 miles) and meet up, once again, at the Irvine Spectrum. I'm sure a lot of the attendees will then want to get some food and hangout for a little bit to check out the cars they didn't get to before we left for the cruise. We'll also be setting up a photoshoot with a lot of cars for those of you that would like to be a part of that. Possibly even make it an official OCHP banner depending on how good they turn out.

I'll be handing out copies of the map with the route we're taking so that the people that fall behind can catch up with the proper communication of where we're at. If you've never taken a cruise like this before, it's a very scenic route with tons of long, straight stretches so there will be plenty of opportunities to fool around. It's an amazing cruise to take, especially when you've got nothing but fast cars surrounding you as far as the eye can see. I highly suggest thinking twice about opening up the throttle too aggressively on PCH because we will definitely be getting a lot of unwanted attention cruising with the large group of fast and loud cars that we'll be in.

Here's the cruise route and a link to the map where you can check out different points by zooming in and switching to the satellite view.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...cc07e8b2bac247
2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS/LE #30
2001 Brickyard 400 Track Car#10 SLP#101
http://www.socalmuscle.net/ http://www.losangelesinvasion.com/
redracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by redracer1 View Post
Have you guys seen this?

Thread:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wester...3-07-10-a.html

The demand called for it so OCHP is organizing a fun event for all you car enthusiasts.

Orange County Horsepower Meet, Greet, & PCH Cruise
Sunday, March 7th at 10:00am

We're placing this thread on multiple forums and we're expecting a very large group of cars to attend. Last time OCHP set something like this up last year for our summer cruise, we had 75+ cars and that was exclusive to Ford's. This event is open to any car enthusiast that wishes to attend. We're expecting a large range of very fast cars (Terminator's, Mach 1's, GT500's, Lightning's, ZO6's, Z51's, Camaro's, Viper's, Charger's, Supra's, EVO's, STi's, etc...) so everyone leave your stereotypes at home because we're all just looking to have a good time and maybe even get a sneak peak of the competition.

Agenda:

10:00am: Meet at the Irvine Spectrum (Target parking lot off of Enterprise).
11:30am: PCH Cruise takes place (see below for map and details on route).
1:00pm: Meet back at the Irvine Spectrum for photo opportunities, food, and good company.

The route we're taking allows us to cruise the Pacific Coast Hwy. for nearly 30 miles and will take a total of 1 1/2 hours most likely (depending on our pace). **I suggest everyone get gas prior to 10:00am because there will be way too many cars to stop during the cruise** We'll be leaving the Irvine Spectrum and taking the 5 South (21 miles) to El Camino Real (turns into PCH) in San Clemente. We'll be heading North on PCH (25 miles) and cruising through Capistrano Beach, Dana Point, Salt Creek Beach, Aliso Beach, Laguna Beach, Crystal Cove, Corona Del Mar, and Newport Beach. We will then make a right onto Newport Blvd. and take the 55 North to the 405 South (15 miles) and meet up, once again, at the Irvine Spectrum. I'm sure a lot of the attendees will then want to get some food and hangout for a little bit to check out the cars they didn't get to before we left for the cruise. We'll also be setting up a photoshoot with a lot of cars for those of you that would like to be a part of that. Possibly even make it an official OCHP banner depending on how good they turn out.

I'll be handing out copies of the map with the route we're taking so that the people that fall behind can catch up with the proper communication of where we're at. If you've never taken a cruise like this before, it's a very scenic route with tons of long, straight stretches so there will be plenty of opportunities to fool around. It's an amazing cruise to take, especially when you've got nothing but fast cars surrounding you as far as the eye can see. I highly suggest thinking twice about opening up the throttle too aggressively on PCH because we will definitely be getting a lot of unwanted attention cruising with the large group of fast and loud cars that we'll be in.

Here's the cruise route and a link to the map where you can check out different points by zooming in and switching to the satellite view.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...cc07e8b2bac247
Thanks for the invite!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
This sounds fun and a way for use to represent
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
looks like fun, will try to make it if I am in town.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
redracer1

Cool..maybe see a few on you on the cruz...pray for good weather.lol.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
redracer1

TTT....
Old 03-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I ended up going to the meet and greet plus PCH cruise. The black Saleen is my dept director's car. I'm still trying to get him to go to the American Muscle Car Challenge Track Day.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Last two pictures
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #9
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
NICE!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Awesome pics!!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
Kameleongt

Drives: 2003 Ford Cobra Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Last two pictures

hey you think you can e-mail me full size pic to kameleongt@mac.com thanks to all who showed up at the cruise.
this pic:

Kameleongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I forgot about this one :(
Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
DAMN i just saw this !!!

Last edited by ddunerider; 03-09-2010 at 10:01 AM.
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleongt View Post
hey you think you can e-mail me full size pic to kameleongt@mac.com thanks to all who showed up at the cruise.
Check your email