Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
welsch721

Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE
Tricks to LSR shifter install?

Just got my LSR shifter , instructions looked straight forward, but my mechanic is telling me otherwise, he seems to think you need to drop the exhaust and driveshaft for the install, i know this is probably not the case, but any tips or maybe some detailed intructions would be great.
welsch721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsch721 View Post
Just got my LSR shifter , instructions looked straight forward, but my mechanic is telling me otherwise, he seems to think you need to drop the exhaust and driveshaft for the install, i know this is probably not the case, but any tips or maybe some detailed intructions would be great.
I didn't take any pictures, but installing the shifter was straight forward on my 2010 LS3... No need to drop anything, transmission, exhaust or DS..

Just need a lift and some patience, getting the clips back on the pin underneath the car after changing the shifter out was the hardest part...

Let me see if i can find the photo thread i used...

edit: http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55330
They dropped the transmission down a bit, but i had the help of someone with very small hands that was able to get to the pin without moving anything..
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
welsch721

Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE
Thats what I needed , thanks for the thread.
welsch721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
jsherm007
Always drop the top

Drives: 2014 Stingray Vert 2LT z51
Yeah I did min under ramps, the clips was the hardest part. But it kept me in the garage away from the kids for some quiet time longer!
jsherm007 is offline   Reply With Quote