Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #267
CamaroFemme

 
CamaroFemme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
Engine's prettier than the car. I like that they gave the Mustang some more oompf (I like it even though I hate Fords as a rule), but the overall package just isn't that attractive...especially compared to the Camaro and Chally.
+1. The car itself looks weaker compared to other recent years to me, like the edgy lines are smudged. It looks less "muscle car" to me than it recently used to.
__________________
--
My boyfriend don't mind it.
CamaroFemme is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #268
mrray13


 
mrray13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: southern Illinois
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
the people who want to seriously "play" will simply move on to the larger block.

As for the lesser people who "only" want 600-750 rwhp will be ok with FI and some pistons.

Okay, but that's still, IMHO, screwing over yoru customer base.

"Oh, you want more displacment then this recently, brand new released 5.0? Well, you'll have to settle for a new block. Sorry. We didn't leave any room for you to play."


Kinda like that bank commercial where the guy asks the little girl if she wants to ride the bike. Of course she does, and off she goes, kinda. Well, she's only allowed to ride in that little square after all.

This 5.0 is the same way. And just how expensive is it to reline a cylinder with a spray in sleeve? And for what? Maybe a few hundreths? Thousandnths? (<---yeah, i'm sure i misspelled that)

Anyway, I appreciate the hp wars are back, in fact, I'm loving them. This however is kinda a slap in the face of everybody waiting on the 5.0s return, the gleam in their eyes waiting to bore/storke these bad boys out to 306, 330, and other sizes I've heard of in the past, only to get told....ummmmm, no, ain't happening.
__________________
PacMan
mrray13 is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #269
mrray13


 
mrray13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: southern Illinois
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Is that 5 injectors on each side I'm seeing?

Probably for cold weather starting. I seem to remember when Tuned Port came out, there was an extra runner/injector for that reason.
__________________
PacMan
mrray13 is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #270
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
+1. The car itself looks weaker compared to other recent years to me, like the edgy lines are smudged. It looks less "muscle car" to me than it recently used to.
Yeah, I agree. Giving the car more power, but giving it a less tough look. It does not look intimidating at all especially from the rear. Not saying it doesn't look good, just not muscular. Come to think of it, that may be good.
Kind of like seeing someone you think is a wimp, but in reality could probably kick your ass.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #271
rodimus prime
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Cargo van.
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Metal Metal Land
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Nice intake port design, straight drop
You would say that if they showed you a picture of a 1980 yugo motor and called it the new 5.0.

BTW your the first person to my knowledge to call an intake port design "dope". LOL
rodimus prime is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #272
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Love beautiful lines on a car just to be muddled up by a damn radio antenna! My .02
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #273
Georgie

 
Georgie's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro... soon
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,217
you gotta mod that rear to make it look decent. first, short antenna like they've got for the 350Zs, next, remove the GT badge and put a black panel in its place. imo, that makes it look better.
__________________
2011 IOM or CGM 1SS
Georgie is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #274
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
You would say that if they showed you a picture of a 1980 yugo motor and called it the new 5.0.

BTW your the first person to my knowledge to call an intake port design "dope". LOL
I didn't use the word "dope"... I said "straight drop" as in straight vertical port into the intake valves... pay attention.
fdjizm is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #275
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Okay, but that's still, IMHO, screwing over yoru customer base.

"Oh, you want more displacment then this recently, brand new released 5.0? Well, you'll have to settle for a new block. Sorry. We didn't leave any room for you to play."


Kinda like that bank commercial where the guy asks the little girl if she wants to ride the bike. Of course she does, and off she goes, kinda. Well, she's only allowed to ride in that little square after all.

This 5.0 is the same way. And just how expensive is it to reline a cylinder with a spray in sleeve? And for what? Maybe a few hundreths? Thousandnths? (<---yeah, i'm sure i misspelled that)

Anyway, I appreciate the hp wars are back, in fact, I'm loving them. This however is kinda a slap in the face of everybody waiting on the 5.0s return, the gleam in their eyes waiting to bore/storke these bad boys out to 306, 330, and other sizes I've heard of in the past, only to get told....ummmmm, no, ain't happening.
Not everyone is a hardcore drag racing supercharging engine block boring maniac especially with a brand new car and trust me the compression will not deter anyone from buying the car and calling the 5.0 a failure.

"oh man this car can't handle 20lbs of boost off the showroom floor? why did they even make it!"

fdjizm is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #276
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,419
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Not everyone is a hardcore drag racing supercharging engine block boring maniac especially with a brand new car and trust me the compression will not deter anyone from buying the car and calling the 5.0 a failure.

"oh man this car can't handle 20lbs of boost off the showroom floor? why did they even make it!"

+1.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #277
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I think everyone knows why they chose yellow.
I was about to answer but you put it to words better.
Captain Awesome is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #278
bpmurr
The Enemy ;)
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Shelby GT350
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 485
Send a message via AIM to bpmurr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yeah, I agree. Giving the car more power, but giving it a less tough look. It does not look intimidating at all especially from the rear. Not saying it doesn't look good, just not muscular. Come to think of it, that may be good.
Kind of like seeing someone you think is a wimp, but in reality could probably kick your ass.
It's funny you say this because a lot of people say the car looks tougher and more aggressive. Even more so with the GT500. I always get a kick out of when Camaro guys talk about the rear. The area of the Camaro that could use some improvement as well.
__________________
2017 Shelby GT350
Former Stangs:
2016 Shelby GT350
2015 GT PP
2014 GT500 SVTPP/Track Pack
2013 Boss 302
2011 GT500 SVTPP
2010 GT500
2005 GT
bpmurr is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #279
mrray13


 
mrray13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: southern Illinois
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Not everyone is a hardcore drag racing supercharging engine block boring maniac especially with a brand new car and trust me the compression will not deter anyone from buying the car and calling the 5.0 a failure.

"oh man this car can't handle 20lbs of boost off the showroom floor? why did they even make it!"


That's true. Then again, alot of people do indeed mod these things right out of the blocks. My point is, according to what was stated earlier, Ford has taken away one potential mod that is used in these Pony wars. If this block is at it's limits size wise, it puts a damper on people wanting to tweak, and makes them look at other options, like buying a completely different block, ie; the 5.4 mentioned above. To me, that is kinda a slap in the face when people have been waiting for the 5.0 to return, and now, all it'll ever be is 5.0.

As far as the blower comment goes, I have no clue, and won't pretend to even know what or what not this block can handle forced. The previous generations, 4.6, handled boost quite well and loved it, I'd assume this one will too. Not part of my arguement. I mean my 3.6 has a slightly higher compression ratio and it's starting to get boosted with good results. Although with DI, it is a bit of a different animal.


I'm also not trying to call the 5.0 a failure, quit attempting to put words on my screen, lol. I'm bringing up a valid point that any gearhead will look at, and that's the fact the new Coyote block is already at it's limits bore size. That's it, plain and simple. And yes, IMO, I think it'll hurt some sales, because there are those that think bigger is better, and if you can't go bigger, why bother. All in all, it will not keep the mainstreme public from buying the car, and adding a CAI, exhaust and tune. I get that.

Now, do you get what I'm attempting to type?
__________________
PacMan
mrray13 is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #280
brandotron
I am the internets.
 
brandotron's Avatar
 
Drives: dangerously
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 12,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
It's funny you say this because a lot of people say the car looks tougher and more aggressive. Even more so with the GT500. I always get a kick out of when Camaro guys talk about the rear. The area of the Camaro that could use some improvement as well.
Fair enough. The tail lights are the thing I liked the least about the concept and the production fifth gen. I'd like to see some round ones like the 70-72 Camaros, but that's getting into Vette territory. Eh, maybe on the sixth gen.
__________________
brandotron is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 10:27 PM
g5cr cai system anybody install or looking at one "pics" camarossrs2150 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 41 07-14-2011 09:26 PM
LS3 engine specifications Tran Wiki 3 10-06-2010 11:56 PM
Exclusive Spy Video: 2010 Ford Mustang camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 09-01-2008 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.