Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
What else should I do?

New to Camaro and a bit green when it comes to upgrades. I was thinking of adding MRT Camaro V6 Axle Back Exhaust - Version 2.0 - and was wondering if it is pretty much just 'plug and play' or if there is more involved? I want a deeper growl for my 2013 2LT/RS. Is there any tuning involved and does it do anything to the warranty? I know, probably dumb questions, but there are a lot of smarter guys than me on this forum and I am an old man.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
First of all, you have a 2013 so you have the LFX Engine. Just mentioning that because there are differences between the LFX engine and the LLT engine in the 2010-2011 v6s. Now, I would highly recommend the MRT Axleback. It's one of the most liked exhausts out there. Exhaust is a very personal choice so take some time to listen through all the clips in the exhaust sticky and go with what you like. If you buy the MRT Axle back, all you would need to do is cut the current exhaust off and clamp the MRT. Warranty really depends on the dealership but an exhaust "shouldn't" void your warranty.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Personally my first mod will always be a cold air intakeandIts very easy to install, makes the car sound better and youll get some performance gains out of it. After that I would put the exhaust on.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
1olddude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
Personally my first mod will always be a cold air intakeandIts very easy to install, makes the car sound better and youll get some performance gains out of it. After that I would put the exhaust on.
Can you recommend one for my car? Any DIY tutorials out there for install? I sure appreciate the advice!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Vararam, Rotofab & CAI inc. are the most popular cold air intakes for these cars. All have good HP gains. There is a link to an independent testing of various cold air intakes that gives good details on what you can expect out of each. Apex Chase will probably chime in here & add the link; if not send him a PM. I personally chose the CAI for several reasons. For one it is a closed system (does not have to seal against the underhood pad) but has a clear top so you can see your filter. It is easy open, easy to install, has an insulated box & ceramic coated tube, is well made & easy to install. I also happen to think it looks the best & I like my uhderhood to look as good as the outside of the car.

Another good mod for your car would be a ported throttle body.

But definately get an oil catch can to protect that engine. To me that should come first if you want to take good care of your baby. Good luck with your choices & keep us posted.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 01-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
1olddude

The catch can is on the way. Thanks for all the advice. I have a lot to research and to look forward to. I love driving my Camaro every chance I get.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Cool! Keep up posted. If you are indeed 1olddude, come and join the rest of the "over-the-hill gang" here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1820&page=1238
It is a great place to hang out with mature adults who love their Camaros.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
New to Camaro and a bit green when it comes to upgrades. I was thinking of adding MRT Camaro V6 Axle Back Exhaust - Version 2.0 - and was wondering if it is pretty much just 'plug and play' or if there is more involved? I want a deeper growl for my 2013 2LT/RS. Is there any tuning involved and does it do anything to the warranty? I know, probably dumb questions, but there are a lot of smarter guys than me on this forum and I am an old man.
Nothing else is need to install the MRT v2. You just cut off the stock cans and clamp the MRT on. No tuning, no warranty concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Vararam, Rotofab & CAI inc. are the most popular cold air intakes for these cars. All have good HP gains. There is a link to an independent testing of various cold air intakes that gives good details on what you can expect out of each. Apex Chase will probably chime in here & add the link; if not send him a PM. I personally chose the CAI for several reasons. For one it is a closed system (does not have to seal against the underhood pad) but has a clear top so you can see your filter. It is easy open, easy to install, has an insulated box & ceramic coated tube, is well made & easy to install. I also happen to think it looks the best & I like my uhderhood to look as good as the outside of the car.

Another good mod for your car would be a ported throttle body.

But definately get an oil catch can to protect that engine. To me that should come first if you want to take good care of your baby. Good luck with your choices & keep us posted.
Janice pretty well covered it. Here is the thread she eluded to.

THE Air Intake Thread

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote