Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
what the heck ? They should write the mileage when you brought it in on the paperwork. At this point you may want to go to a different dealer these guys are obviously liars and also incompetent.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #16
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
You have every right to be upset. It is surprising that you are as calm? as you are. There is no real excuse for taking so long and putting so much mileage on your vehicle. Your symptoms of the original post are definite signs of internal clutch slippage due to pressure loss. As they stated it was an o-ring? These only fail for three reasons that I can think of: 1. overheating (not appearanty an issue) 2. Too much pressure (maybe from a tune to increase the pressure or from a tune for the torque management on/off - no mention of a tune here so far) or 3. poor assembly control at the facory. Even at this point your dealer may have questionable credibility given everything you have mentioned. Even after you took delivery after it was supposed to be repaired. Not good work.
Even still getting into the transmission and rebuilding it should only take a few days to complete. Parts should take about a week at most as a delay.
Here is to hoping you get you car back and running right.

Mine is a 2SS RS L99 and it has just over 700 miles on it. No tune to the engine or trans. Vin is 11365 if that means anything to identifying certain production runs or if it is just random. So far so good. (thankfully)
Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
BERMRYDER31

Drives: SILVERADO
Gentlemen,

How do you think dealers confirm and diagnose your vehicles? Do you
think they have a crystal ball to tell them what is going on? I am a
Service Manager for a dealership and it makes me sick to read this
stuff. When Technical Assistance is called to help diagnose these
concerns on new vehicles everyone is learning, unfortunately the
customer is inconvenienced.

I know there are some dealers that have issues most of them are
working hard to take care of customers, we all get graded on how
we take care of them and if we don't take care of them they will
go elsewhere. These days no one can afford for that to happen.

The dealer should have the in and out mileage for your vehicle
documented on your repair order.

This is the first year for this product and unfortunately these things
are going to crop up and it takes time to do root cause analisys and
get the fixes for them.
BERMRYDER31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #18
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERMRYDER31 View Post
Gentlemen,

get the fixes for them.
I have had my vehicles serviced for in warranty and out of warranty problems and always had great support. I have only great things to say about my dealership experiences.

While the majority of dealerships do provide prompt and quality customer service the topic here is the OP's dealership customer service for which he is providing empirical evidence and observation evidence of problems and a concerning situation.

Are there any complaints that we need to know about Miami dealers?

But getting back on topic of the above discussion, what form of explaination requires 250 miles added onto the life of the car and 3+ weeks to resolve?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #19
Daddy3

Drives: 2010 2SS Victory Red
They could not explain, the paper work showed the car having 970 coming in. I told the service guy that they must have missed typed the numbers because the car had 792 miles when i got out of the car. He kept telling me they only drove the car about 25 miles, whatever even with the miles they logged, it added 76 to the car. As for the time they had the car, first week trying to figure out the problem, 2nd week trying to get parts, the 3rd week I get the car back for 30 minutes, before trans failure again. I did get a call from the dealer yesterday saying, they had approval for a complete new transmission, they would not rebuild again, but not sure when they will get it. And yes i have stayed pretty calm, kinda surprised myself!
Daddy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #20
Daddy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERMRYDER31 View Post
Gentlemen,

get the fixes for them.
Just so we are clear, I do believe the dealer is working hard to resolve the issue. but every now and then you get caught up in a chain of events, that you could lie about, but the truth is a better story. like yesterday, i was advised to go take pictures of my car. So i drove 40 miles to the dealer, not expecting my car to be done, but now it's ready to go and i'm not driving the issued mini van. So i drive 40 miles back home to get the rental, i drive 40 miles back, i get my car, i drive a few miles from the dealer and break down, now i'm driving back to the dealer, drop the car and drive 40 miles back home in the freaking mini van. So yes we get a little more than inconvenienced at times.

i'm also in a he said, she said issue over the dent in my door. My vehicle inspection sheet states, brand new, no damage! But they didn't do it! How do you win that?

My service advisor, that wrote up my car the first time in,has now been fired! for not doing her job properly. Hell i'm trying to tell my wife whats going on and she thinks i'm making this crap up, the story is to stupid to be true!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #21
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy3 View Post
Just so we are clear, I do believe the dealer is working hard to resolve the issue. but every now and then you get caught up in a chain of events, that you could lie about, but the truth is a better story. like yesterday, i was advised to go take pictures of my car. So i drove 40 miles to the dealer, not expecting my car to be done, but now it's ready to go and i'm not driving the issued mini van. So i drive 40 miles back home to get the rental, i drive 40 miles back, i get my car, i drive a few miles from the dealer and break down, now i'm driving back to the dealer, drop the car and drive 40 miles back home in the freaking mini van. So yes we get a little more than inconvenienced at times.

i'm also in a he said, she said issue over the dent in my door. My vehicle inspection sheet states, brand new, no damage! But they didn't do it! How do you win that?

My service advisor, that wrote up my car the first time in,has now been fired! for not doing her job properly. Hell i'm trying to tell my wife whats going on and she thinks i'm making this crap up, the story is to stupid to be true!

I know that feeling. the guy that sold me my wife's Jetta got fired.... right before I got my first bill for the car.... that didnt match the price I had agreed on.
I went to the dealer and told them the prices didnt match and they tried giving me the "oh, well that is included with this package... blah blah blah and I'm sure that {insert salesman's name here} went over this with you"
I told them it doesnt matter what he told me about. the paperwork I signed was for one price and you guys are trying to charge me a different price.

so after about 20 minutes of "negotiations", I told them either they remove the extra $17XX.00 from the "new" price or they could keep the car and give me back my old one. then they looked at me and said, "well, we've already gotten rid of your trade-in". I smiled and told them to wait while I called my lawyer..... 27 seconds later..... they pulled the extra cost off.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #22
Daddy3

27 seconds, that's a good reaction time! lol. but i believe the lawyer card, will be the next card played if things don't get right soon!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy3 View Post
27 seconds, that's a good reaction time! lol. but i believe the lawyer card, will be the next card played if things don't get right soon!

well, the guy didnt realize at the time that I am active duty military so when my lawyer picked up and I said "Hey, Colonel XXXXXX, I've got an issue at the car dealership." I saw the fear of god in the dealer's eyes and real quick his attitude changed and he started saying "now, we dont have to get lawyers involved in this."
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #24
Daddy3

Well I'm glad it worked out for you and THANK YOU SIR !!!! for your services and protecting this great country!

One nation under GOD!!!!

Last edited by Daddy3; 10-29-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #25
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well, the guy didnt realize at the time that I am active duty military so when my lawyer picked up and I said "Hey, Colonel XXXXXX, I've got an issue at the car dealership." I saw the fear of god in the dealer's eyes and real quick his attitude changed and he started saying "now, we dont have to get lawyers involved in this."
Spike, you certainly have superhuman abilities. Thanks for being on our side.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #26
Daddy3

New complete tranny being installed and the dent is being repaired. Should have the car back on Thursday. I can't wait! It's been almost a month without the car, it's like a GM lay-a-way plan.