Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Happy Traditional Order Configurator Day !!!

Hi Guys & Gals,

So, what's up with the Traditional Order Configurator system?

Has anyone used it yet?

Are the options complete now?

Any new options we weren't expecting?

(I would love for GM to surprise us with the exposed CF spoiler we saw at SEMA for example.)

My dealer doesn't use the "Quick Order Workbench." I'm fervently hoping to get an order number today.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
My dealer is also submitting my order today. I plan on being on the phone with him while he does it. If i can get any new info I'll post it up
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Pslab

Drives: It's a truck
Don't get too excited over the traditional order program, not only is B92-CF hood insert missing from it, but it's also missing the stripe packages DSW, and DSX as available options :( let's wait some more.
Pslab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
FROM GM ON this issue........ NOV 3 AM UPDATE

Hmmm....... Looks like B92 still not on TODAYS Configurator.....

Yesterday was a fast moving and educational day for everyone regarding the ZL1. Like you many folks had wanted the RTQ rims and the B92 Exposed Weave CF Hood but those items are still not showing on their orders. Then suddenly and unexpectedly many of the orders moved to 3000 and this has caused much in the way of concern. The cut off to make changes to an order is concurrent with the move to 3000 status as this is when the vehicle actually has all parts ordered to build the car. I received an unconfirmed report yesterday that 94 ZL1’s were moved to 3000 status yesterday in error and prematurely. I will see if I can get confirmation today on the above referenced error and immediately get an email out to all the ZL1 customers we happen to be tracking.GMConnects simply provides updates and status of your order along with some insight into the actual process and delivery of the vehicle but in no way has any impact or control over your order. We are not affiliated with GM nor are we GM employees.

My understanding of this situation is that the quick order process was opened up so that dealers could begin the process of getting these orders into the system to accommodate the huge number of requests to get on the ZL1 order list. And as you pointed out the workbench is not fully complete at this point. Distribution updates were not fully complete yet with instructions for the dealers as to the process for handling these orders either which has put them in a very difficult situation this week regarding all the ZL1 orders. The RPO RTQ for the wheels is now showing on the order information but the B92 Exposed Weave CF Hood is still noticeably missing. I think the report above regarding a move to 3000 for 94 ZL1 orders will prove to be correct as the 1EY37 was not included on this week’s consensus report for dealers to even submit the orders to GM nor did any of the orders move thru the pass one report that would have been done to check the orders for being placed correctly and without constraints.

I am confident that these issues will be resolved very quickly and will be communicated directly with your dealer as the order details are issued.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I have a 4:30 appt. today to sit and order, I will keep you informed as to how it goes.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
B92 is the only option that I want on mine...for now
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote