Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Code p2099 bank 2 rich (2 codes)

I am running the Solo HFC, for roughly 3 weeks. Ck eng light came on today. Any one else with the solo HFC getting a cell. I am thinking either the O2 sensors are bad or I need a tune.

Question one can both O2 sensors go bad at the same time

Question two assuming its just result of the HFC will the trifecta tune get rid of it. I assume yes.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Hi,
I've got the SOLO HFC, called the rescats. I've had them on the car since the end of July. I've got no codes, and no CEL. I had them installed by the folks at SOLO out in Buffalo.
I've also got the Trifecta tune. Not sure if the tune is keeping the codes away or not, but I do know that I'm not getting any.
Thanks,
-Dave
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
You should talk with SOLO. They have extenders that are suppose to work with their setup. Other then that, yes a tune will work.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Have the extenders in and was running close to a month (1000 miles) with no problems. Want to make sure before I purchase from Trifecta that it is indeed a tuning issue and not that both O2 sensors went bad on me. Can't really see that happening but who knows
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Pretty sure the tune will fix it. Me, along with a lot of others are getting the same code with high flow cats and/or long tubes.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

You should be getting a 2097 code as well, right? One is forthe left bank the other is for right.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Also, make sure that the clamp(s)/weld(s) before the rear most o2 sensor(s) is tight. If you have a leak in front of that sensor, it can cause that code as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

no only code P2099, will check those clamps out when I get the car back from the body shop adding a spoiler and painting the stripes on it. Thanks guys
Old 10-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #9
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Like everyone said, check the clamps and make sure everything is secure. I got this codes when I put my headers and cats on, however for me I just need an updated tune.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Thanks for the help guys. We check all clamps, o2 sensors, and all connections no leaks, my freind who has been helping me , has been in the racing business for 30 years has one of the OBD scanners that scans like everything and fixes the codes. He cleared it . Will See what happens. As all readings look good according to him . Only thing he could think of is that I have been using super for the past few months and maybe the code got triggered with the HFC. Is that possible? I am not running a tune for super, he said its a waste of money unless the car mfg calls for it or you have a tune to take dvantage of it.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Thanks for the help guys. We check all clamps, o2 sensors, and all connections no leaks, my freind who has been helping me , has been in the racing business for 30 years has one of the OBD scanners that scans like everything and fixes the codes. He cleared it . Will See what happens. As all readings look good according to him . Only thing he could think of is that I have been using super for the past few months and maybe the code got triggered with the HFC. Is that possible? I am not running a tune for super, he said its a waste of money unless the car mfg calls for it or you have a tune to take dvantage of it.
That's the old way of thinking as far as running premium... Basically the car appears to be over-sparked and then relies on the knock sensors... one of the guys here did some dyno testing and show some HP gains just buy running premium vs 87...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Regarding higher octane fuel, and please this is not a thread-jack!
At the risk of setting off another debate on this and with the acknowledgment that there are quite a few previous discussions on this topic, here's my opinion on using higher octane fuel in the LLT:
Me, and others who routinely monitor their engine telemetry using in-car computers such as the Dash Hawk, or Dashdaq, can confirm that the car does make more power with fuel that resists pre-ignition. This car's computer seems to simply advance the timing until the car starts knocking (knock sensors, not audible), and then retards the timing. If your choice of fuel allows the timing to remain advanced because the knock sensors are quiet, the car is making more power.
Speaking for me, this is the case. I also got a 2 mpg bump when I switched to premium.
That's my experience for what it's worth.
Thanks,
Dave
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

I hear what your saying, can't say I am getting more mpg. as being in the city, stop and go, traffic , lots of traffic its tough to get a good read on mpg. However my freind made a good point if the HFC had any leaks then wouldn't I lean out instead of being rich as the code implied. O2 sensors were good. All connections were good. Not saying its the end all answer but maybe. Will switch to 87 for now and see if the problem comes back Only way to really find out . car ran for almost a month with no cell and about 1000 miles. But thanks for the imput
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I got the P2099 on my way home from work today. Have had the SOLO res-cats & cat back for about 6,000 miles without coding.

I'm supposed to be heading to Michigan tomorrow which is about 300 miles one-way.

Is it OK to drive with this condition or am I risking trouble?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote