Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Australia

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #29
Camar-Oz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Woo hoo, arrived at my accommodation to find my CAI and black billet pedals waiting. Now how do I pack the CAI into the bag..... I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Going to drop into a Chevy dealer and see if they have any goodies, maybe even see if there are some auto/performance parts shops where a might be able to pick up something. But first, time to lay beside the pool.
Camar-Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #30
Camar-Oz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Ha, this is Thunder Downunder and just realised i got my old user name working again - this is the one I set up before I got the car. Will have to update all my details to include the Camaro.
Camar-Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #31
BIGGIS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Yellow RHD
Have fun with the goodies? By the pool in Hawaii sound superb.

Have been driving the car with our good weather. Tough when I have to get back into the Landcruiser.
Which CAI?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #32
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS & Commodore SS-V
Cold Air Industries. Was a toss up between that and the Rotofab but I went with it because I could get free shipping on this and a couple of other bits to Hawaii.

Been on Camaro patrol since being here. Couple of yellows, orange metallic and a synergy green - which suprising looked pretty good. Local dealer has a 45th anniversary edition which was nice.

Was driving down one the main drags the other night and big sections were closed off with a couple of hot cars around - r/t charger, a challenger and we think we saw a silver 'maro - we like to think they might have been filming a five-0 episode - by the time we get home it will be fact ha!

Hope to get to an auto parts warehouse and take a look. Missing driving mine, rental's a Cruze - nice little car but its a 4 cyl. :(

Thunder Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #33
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Installed CAI, pedals and mats today. Lovin' it all. CAI makes a real difference - took it for a blast and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time. Pedals look great and feel good, mats top it off. I'll post some pics when I can.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #34
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
It's good to hear that you guys are getting a chance to enjoy these cars... It looks like Mace is going to be making some interesting stuff for the LLT guys soon, so we'll be seeing some imported aftermarket stuff coming our way too.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #35
BIGGIS

Yes enjoying driving the car, a real head turner in Oz.

TD - Keen to see a a pic of the mats and pedals. Of course the orginal drivers mat is now on the passenger side and vica versa.

Displaying in an american muscle car show next weekend weather permitting. Should be interesting! I took it to the tail end of the GM all american car show last weekend. Most cars had left however the car was still mobbed. The local SS Commodore car club moved all their cars around so they could be photographed with the Camaro!

TD - which Sydney suburb are you based in?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 AM   #36
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Really happy with the result - shows my original carpet is a bit dirty! Managed to slip the mat under the driver footrest - passenger side still had the footrest so nice fit all round.

CAI rocks - I've been bad and need to slow down!

That's cool with the show - want to do the same when I find time. Picked up a couple of Camaro number plates for the occasion as well. I'll PM my suburb, you visiting?

Name:  P1030850sm.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  276.5 KB

Name:  P1030846sm.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  435.8 KB

Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #37
BIGGIS

Looks great TD. Had a dyno since the cai? Might have mentioned we got another 70 HP with the cai, exhaust and tune.
What were the mats worth?
The muscle car show on Sun was a blast. Camaro was a huge hit. Non stop questions, photo's and admirers. There were 250 cars and I reckon mine was one of the most popular.
Will have to put up some pics.
Met another Camaro owner about to take delivery. We had plenty to talk about and will catch up when he takes delivery to compare notes. His is same in rally yellow but auto. He owned a speccy purple 67.
Got some great pics with a yellow 67.
Did you put up your pics on another site like photo bucket or this one.
Yes I get to Sydney pretty regularly. Office based at Baulkham Hills.
Cheers,
R
Old 11-24-2011, 04:14 AM   #38
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Still saving for the tune. Mats were $150 for 4 with double embroidery on the front. Shipping was going to hurt hence why i sent them to Hawaii. I got them through UniqueAutoDepot.com but they're pretty much the same price at all the sites who sell them.

Yeah look forward to seeing the pics - mine are just here at the moment so I'll add a few more to my album.

I'm in Alexandria - I guess you stay out west when you come up? When you up next?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #39
BIGGIS

I'll put the mats on the Xmas list. I am up in two weeks 5-7 Dec and staying in Baulham Hills. Will be travelling all over the place Tues/Wed. Will know more next week.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #40
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Bummer! I think I'm going to be in Brisbane that week or part there of. I know probably Tuesday and if I'm around we can grab a beer or something.

Finally got round to getting my 67 badges on - i'm happy with the result.

Windy here today - impossible to keep the dust off - the drawback of a black car!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #41
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Yep, in BNE on Tues to Thurs.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #42
BIGGIS

Hi TD!
Badges look great as does the paintwork.
In NSW Mon night to Wed Argo. Mon night could work?