Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #225
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Nicer!

Can you do a rear end also?

How about a thread where those of you artistically inclined offer up your rendition of what the 14 refresh could have been? Rules are you must submit front and rear with no chrome anywhere.
Sure, give me a couple of days...
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #226
Palutz59
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1LE soon
As other bright members have mentioned most can't handle change and they will knock what they don't have or won't have. Only thing I can agree with the haters is that the V6 models look pretty bad compared to the SS models shown at different auto shows around the country. GM has stated clearly that they wanted to differentiate between the models and honestly I'm happy with that decision. Gen 4 V6s looked terrible compared to the SS model and it's going to be the same for the 14-15 model. I can not wait to see a 14 SS 1LE in Summit White ... That hood is gonna look amazing for sure. Everyone that keeps hating on the 14s go google some SS/ Z/28 pics and start drooling cuz once you see one pass you then reality will kick in. And as someone else mentioned it's pretty funny that a lot of people defend the 10-13 models when most people are trying to find ways to mod the looks on them. I say everyone give the new SS/ZL1/ Z/28s a chance to come out then judge. Those pictures are garbage V6 models which are disturbing to say the least.

Last edited by Palutz59; 04-27-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Palutz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #227
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
The Camaros caught here reveal what looks like the standard (non-RS) bumper design for 2014 Camaros. The Ashen Gray Camaro on the road (not the trailer) appears to be a V6 with non RS bumper and no SS vented hood.

Despite the RS badge and unique RS front grille on the Ashen Gray mule, it does not wear the full RS Exterior Appearance Package (without the RS bumper that we saw on the 2014 Camaro revealed at the NYIAS).

The Crystal Red is a V6 non-RS and shows the standard (non-RS) grille.
That front grill with that god awful chome looking strip is just horrible no matter how you look at it.... I thought newer models were suppose to improve on the previous years cars. But that is just awful. It kills the looks of the entire front end.

It reminds me of someone that came from the dentist with braces on their teeth or some rappers chome grill over their teeth.

JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #228
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBowtie View Post
Great Looking Improvements! . Looks like a more expensive version of today's car.
how does it look more expensive lol it looks the same.. only reason is expensive cause its new...

that bumper on the ss on the truck looks like shit look at the fog light it looks crappy...

they didn't even change the wheels the 13 wheels are ugly they at least could of made it look different with the wheels
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #229
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz59 View Post
As other bright members have mentioned most can't handle change and they will knock what they don't have or won't have. Only thing I can agree with the haters is that the V6 models look pretty bad compared to the SS models shown at different auto shows around the country. GM has stated clearly that they wanted to differentiate between the models and honestly I'm happy with that decision. Gen 4 V6s looked terrible compared to the SS model and it's going to be the same for the 14-15 model. I can not wait to see a 14 SS 1LE in Summit White ... That hood is gonna look amazing for sure. Everyone that keeps hating on the 14s go google some SS/ Z/28 pics and start drooling cuz once you see one pass you then reality will kick in. And as someone else mentioned it's pretty funny that a lot of people defend the 10-13 models when most people are trying to find ways to mod the looks on them. I say everyone give the new SS/ZL1/ Z/28s a chance to come out then judge. Those pictures are garbage V6 models which are disturbing to say the least.
the haters lmao coming from some one who has never had a camaro maybe if you had the 10-13 one you would see why ppl don't like the new one.. so you can't talk bad about ppl that own the 10-13 model for not liking it unless you have had it and can look at it everyday.. now the z/28 is a different story cause of the body kit wheels and everything else lol
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #230
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz59 View Post
So a Z/28 is going to pass me by? How many do you think you will actually see on the road? It will be limited numbers and a track car. I barely see any ZL1's or even 1LE's so the chances of seeing a Z/28 will be slim to none. People aren't hating on 14's because were jealous or resist change the fact for some and including myself is they look like shit. If i want one i can easily trade my 12' in for one but that won't happen any time soon. The only mods i did was change out the tiny stock rear spoiler for a Havoc rear spoiler. I can see people changing alot more parts on the 14's than a 10'-13' Any ways good luck with your soon to be ugly ass 14'
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #231
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
The exhaust looks better from the back without the two toaster shaped mufflers. I'm OK, just OK, with the design and 90% of the public won't even realize there is a difference. The only big negative I have is the position of the fog lights. Remeber in the 70s the front and rear changed every single year. I loved the Endura bumper on my '71 Formula Firebird and the split bumper Camaro SS is among my all time favorite cars. The 5th gen '10-'13 will become a classic and is near pefection. A lot of time went into the design and I believe they nailed it so any changes just for the sake of a "refresh" will never look as good as the orignal design.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #232
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
So the design team saw a Honda Prelude and said... "yea... that will work just fine".
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #233
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
The 5th gen '10-'13 will become a classic and is near pefection. A lot of time went into the design and I believe they nailed it so any changes just for the sake of a "refresh" will never look as good as the orignal design.
Couldn't agree more....
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #234
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by oners2nv View Post
I dont know about you guys but im trying to like the rear tail lights and im not feeling it. They do not blend in well with rear end.
well said.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #235
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
OK nonRS bumper but RS on the grille and trunk. I don't get it.
I actually like the rear end but that nose makes me cringe.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #236
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
Not that anyone cares but I like the refresh and the more I see it, the better it looks. To me, the refreshed Camaro is a more futuristic version of what I had in my 2010. Sure, I love the tail lights/rear end of the current version but the new one is very appealing in a different way. Chrome strip on the front? Indifferent. If I don't like it when I get a 14 then I'll remove it/paint it, etc. Since I don't currently own a Camaro (sold my 2010 last September) I will be in the market again soon. With the exception of the new Vette (or a really stupid deal on a 13), I am not looking at any other vehicle. While my needs are for a daily driver, I am also very interested in the Z/28 (a bit of sound proofing, etc and that might do the trick...). Regardless, I've enjoy reading all the comments but I am surprised by all the "HATE" vs a simple "not a fan yet", etc. Final comment/question... I've seen pix of 3 different versions. Is it possible that one is a V-6, one is a TT V-6 (hence the dual exhause) and then one is the V-8 (SS).
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #237
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
There is no TTV6 in the 5th gen. It just has the NPP exhaust.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #238
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
I like what Chevrolet has done with the refresh. However this is how I would want my 2014 Camaro to look...
an SS line like this would be cool. A V6 line like this would be better.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote