Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
LOL, I was 30 miles away from it when he bought it, but it was in working order when removed. And obviously it works still because he installed it. Not to mention he recieved it 3 weeks ago and just now messaged me yesterday about it.
I like your wheels. Are they the 2012 Transformer Edition wheels from GM, or did you paint them? I have a set I want to do in black.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
They were plastidipped, I went back stock.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Agreed, three weeks is to long to have a item and then complain about its condition. Should have looked at it as soon as it was received.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I am not mechanically inclined, noticed it was a little on the beat up side when I got it, but have never bought a transmission part before so I figured all was well. Taking 3 weeks to instal it is not that noteworthy, it took you over a week to ship it. When my buddies got their hands on it the day of instal they pointed out to me multiple hammer marks, the fact that it was missing a very important couple of screws, and that the ring those screw went into was hammered to the point where is was bent. It clearly states in the instructions that the grooved side of the stick goes against the grooved side of the shifter unit, but it had marks on the opposite side from being installed backwards. My buddy has photos on his phone, I will post them here. In the end, after much hammering and struggle to get te part to fit, it went in and stayed in an functioned, but next time I would pay pull price. Especially since I asked if the stock shifter adapter stick was included and all he did was send me a link to hurst, which, under installation PDF, shows that both sticks are included, but just the shiny hurst stick came with it. I've learned my lesson, and don't want any of you guys to have to deal with this same headache.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Agreed, three weeks is to long to have a item and then complain about its condition. Should have looked at it as soon as it was received.
I'm not in a position of enough knowledge to complain without consulting, and it was the holiday season so I happened to have bigger fish to fry. Sorry my close inspection took to long, I never asked for a refund or anything, I'm just noting that he sent me a part in crap condition.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #20
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle SS View Post
I'm not in a position of enough knowledge to complain without consulting, and it was the holiday season so I happened to have bigger fish to fry. Sorry my close inspection took to long, I never asked for a refund or anything, I'm just noting that he sent me a part in crap condition.
then why even start this thread! you should have sent him a message first vs blasting him on a thread and you didnt even post a picture of what you got.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #21
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
then why even start this thread! you should have sent him a message first vs blasting him on a thread and you didnt even post a picture of what you got.
I did message him first, he said that the item was installed on his friends car when he bought it. That would be a nice disclaimer to add in when selling something that you don't know what kind of idiot installed the part the first time around.
This section is labeled seller feedback/review/experiences. I'm pretty sure I'm Sharing experiences.
I will get the pictures from my buddy and post them here.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #22
nycfury
Banned

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Crystal Red Tintcoat
nycfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #23
doomsdayjesus081

Drives: VR 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Alright the intent of this thread is to serve as a warning to others to get pictures before buying used. As for pictures in this thread they will be up tomorrow. For those of you that don't know I was the friend that did the installation. Bottom line this part beat to all hell. If I had seen pictures of it ahead of time I would have advised him to find another one. Also there is no reason for the screws to be missing. They are hurst shifter specific.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
It is pretty sad. A lot of times I don't post pictures unless requested.

It is a good thing to check individuals iTrader feedback. If they don't have any feedback yet, take all of the precautions you can.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I'm selling my used bridge on craigslist. It's in the SF area. A bit worn, but in pretty good shape for its age. It's an eye catcher and has been featured in MANY travel magazines. You can't build one for the money you can buy this for. Trust me, I'm selling this for half of what you can buy new. Sorry, no delivery, must pick up. (Shipping charges would be killer.) Oh, and I take Paypal.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #26
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I'm selling my used bridge on craigslist. It's in the SF area. A bit worn, but in pretty good shape for its age. It's an eye catcher and has been featured in MANY travel magazines. You can't build one for the money you can buy this for. Trust me, I'm selling this for half of what you can buy new. Sorry, no delivery, must pick up. (Shipping charges would be killer.) Oh, and I take Paypal.

Ooh, that looks nice. How much?
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
Culb

Drives: 2012 2LS
Will you split the front half from the back or are you selling the whole thing together? If you do split, can you ship the front half of the bridge? 38120, PM me price for bridge.
Culb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #28
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
How about telling said buyer that there are missing parts and might have some small hammer marks. Pics are better and trust me I'm not judging.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote