Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
Ssgt

Drives: 2014 1LS Ashen Gray
UPDATE:
I took delivery of her friday afternoon, I think I burnt through 10 gal of gas and 25% tread life in my rental car driving 10 miles to get there as fast as possible, drifting turns and all hahaha.
Picked her up, was a nice easy transaction.

Pros: She is amazing, beautiful color, aggressive stance and lines.

Cons: They did not have it detailed when I arrived. Even though they had had the car for 24 hours at that point and knew I was arriving at 3pm sharp.

The car was covered in bits of wax and polishing compound residue....
Half the car was not detailed properly.
I waited an hour for their poorly executed detail to occur AFTER I signed paperwork and was done with the showroom folks.

It all looked fine and good til saturday morning came and the sun was shining. Uh oh...dealer is gonna hear it for this one. BUFFER BURN!!!!!!!!!!

APPARENTLY the passenger door got dinged or scratched (looks about the right height for a neighboring car to hit the door and scratch the clear) and their detail dept thought it OK to BURN THE CLEAR COAT ENTIRELY OFF THE CAR IN THAT AREA. The base coat is exposed, and they glopped on about a pound of carnuba over it to try to hide it. I am beyond frustrated with this. I immediately checked the rest of the car, found a belt buckle scratch on the front end, and two ring scratches right where you go to open the trunk.....wtf! Is flavor flave (complete with bling) detailing cars for porter chevy?

I am awaiting hearing back from the dealer, I sent him an email saying that it is unacceptable to deliver a vehicle in that condition to me, and that it would need to be remedied immediately. Ill be calling tomorrow.0

On a different note, my weather tech trunk liner came in, so first "install pic" to come!
Ssgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
Ssgt

Pics of the car, the buffer burn, and the weather tech trunk liner before and after.
Just got off the phone with weather tech about the fact that my liner did not have moulded reliefs for the humps in the floor of the 2014, they informed me that I was sent the wrong part by amazon.
FYI, the weathertech trunk liner part number is 40651, not 40441. This is exactly what I was worried about, all these vendors saying their '13 part fits the '14 just because the car didnt undergo a MAJOR overhaul between model years. Ill have to return my trunk liner now and get the proper one sent to me....joy.
Now I'm praying that my floor mats fit when they get here.

Buffer burn is really burning me up (pun intended)....it is even more obvious with the car wet and the water beading up differently in that spot. wtf wtf wtf!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ssgt; 12-22-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Congrats on the '14 AGM 1LS

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgt View Post
UPDATE:
I took delivery of her friday afternoon, I think I burnt through 10 gal of gas and 25% tread life in my rental car driving 10 miles to get there as fast as possible, drifting turns and all hahaha.
Picked her up, was a nice easy transaction.

Pros: She is amazing, beautiful color, aggressive stance and lines.

Cons: They did not have it detailed when I arrived. Even though they had had the car for 24 hours at that point and knew I was arriving at 3pm sharp.

The car was covered in bits of wax and polishing compound residue....
Half the car was not detailed properly.
I waited an hour for their poorly executed detail to occur AFTER I signed paperwork and was done with the showroom folks.

It all looked fine and good til saturday morning came and the sun was shining. Uh oh...dealer is gonna hear it for this one. BUFFER BURN!!!!!!!!!!

APPARENTLY the passenger door got dinged or scratched (looks about the right height for a neighboring car to hit the door and scratch the clear) and their detail dept thought it OK to BURN THE CLEAR COAT ENTIRELY OFF THE CAR IN THAT AREA. The base coat is exposed, and they glopped on about a pound of carnuba over it to try to hide it. I am beyond frustrated with this. I immediately checked the rest of the car, found a belt buckle scratch on the front end, and two ring scratches right where you go to open the trunk.....wtf! Is flavor flave (complete with bling) detailing cars for porter chevy?

I am awaiting hearing back from the dealer, I sent him an email saying that it is unacceptable to deliver a vehicle in that condition to me, and that it would need to be remedied immediately. Ill be calling tomorrow.0

On a different note, my weather tech trunk liner came in, so first "install pic" to come!
I feel for you - I have seen over and over where guys on this forum demand that the dealership NOT wash the car, because dealerships are known for using brillo pads to wash their cars. I have some slight swirl marks on mine that I haven't taken care of yet.

Also, I had a paint chip on the edge of my door upon delivery. I didn't notice it until after I took it home, but it was under the clear door edge guard they installed at the dealership, so it was clearly done before I received it. They agreed to fix it as a "we owe" item - at first they tried to touch up the paint, but it didn't look right to them (I didn't even see it), so they re-painted the entire door. I was extremely nervous about them being able to exactly match/blend with the front/rear panels, but it came out perfect. I was annoyed to be without my new Camaro for a couple of days (and died a little inside when I got a Kia rental), but was very happy with the way they handled it.

Last edited by AG1LE; 12-22-2013 at 01:14 PM.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
What do you plan on putting in that trunk Dexter? Congrats!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
Ssgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
What do you plan on putting in that trunk Dexter? Congrats!
you never know when you might need to take that hooker down a peg or two....
Old 12-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #21
Ssgt

Well I heard back from the dealership yesterday, asking me to bring the car in. We took a look at the marks on the door and the trunk area. He immediately sent me to detail and body where a spot touch up of clear was done, blended and polished in perfectly, on the spot. Im not sure what products he used but they got the job done, eliminating the buffer burn completely on the spot. He buffed the scratches on the trunk area, and while they are now invisible, the indents are still visible in an up close scrutiny situation. I was offered a complete bumper repaint immediately by the dealer, but I declined, as I dont want to be without the car, and deal with color match issues.
MY K&N Intake has arrived, partially assembled it last night after making an unboxing video, I might make an install video, but before and after pix are most likely what will happen.

She has a name now, its cheesy but... Lola.

-Jason
Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #22
Ssgt

Update to come tomorrow.
Intake and Exhaust arrived today. Both got installed within 2 hrs of getting home from work. Sounds and looks great. Pix and video to follow once i get better lighting.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
Ssgt

K&N intake installed. Came out nice, even where I had to trim the engine cover to clear the tube looks pro.
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Ssgt

vid of exhaust and intake for sound purposes. lolas first film
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #25
Ssgt

Got my wheels in and had them installed. Drag dr-37's they DO NOT FIT the stock 2014 1ls. There is a cast in knob on the part of the strut members in the front where it links to the axle, and i cant seem to figure out its purpose, other than hitting the inside lip of the rim. Good news is, a buzz wheel and some sandpaper took care of the excess material without removing the knob or threads all together and the wheels are on. Again, dealing with manufacturer eff ups, they shipped me 1 wheel with a different center cap than the other 3....... so now im dealing with getting that replaced.
Im happy with the look, need tint and rear louvers now to complete the murdered out look.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #26
Kartashian
SoCal HT5

Drives: The Punisher
Congrats for your ride!!
Keep up the good work
Old 01-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #27
Ssgt

Well, the weather has been crap. I have a hurst billet short shifter hanging out on my table waiting to go on, but first the snow and constant rain needs to go away! I did make some progress on the car though. New weathertech floor liners are in, but already dirtied up, waiting for good weather to snap some pics. Also got Formula 1 Pinnacle series tint installed. Went with 30% on the front and back side windows, and 15% on the rear glass. It came out sweet and doesn't look like it will be a cop magnet, though I haven't seen it clean on a sunny day yet either... Went with the darker pitch stuff on the back glass to cut down on how much light enters the car through that panel, and make the front tints seem darker. I went with the 30% up front, even though it isnt quite the same darkness as the dot matrix on the rear side window, because its allot easier to see though at night in the rain than the 15.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #28
Ssgt

Finally got a break in the weather today, so I decided to install the hurst billet plus 2 short shifter and do a good wash down/detailing/wax job.
Used all meguiars ultimate products, to great results. The dripping wet, deep gloss is UNBELIEVABLE. I only did a single coat, as its very cold and dry times were a bit long. I went through about 50 microfiber towels to avoid swirling during wash, dry and wax. I plan to go back and do a top coat spray detailer with turtle wax black detailing spray, I hear it does wonders for swirls.
Some pix of the car with the new shifter, the floor mats, nice and clean and glossed up, and the car with the fresh wax. Also installed my "Hurst equipped" emblem, I love it, reminds me of a vintage badge.
Sorry about bad pic quality, its hit or miss with my shaky hands post waxing.
Any '14 owners plasti dip their bowties yet? Are the pre '14 bowties that stubby texture on the gold part or are they the smooth glossy material? Im worried about plasti dipping all those nooks on the textured gold part, and not being able to remove it.
Attached Images