Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Upgrades for the V6 turbo engines?

Just wonder is there gonna be any upgrades or anything i can do to my Lt to boost the hp of my car. and on the start if i punch the gas to the floor the car has...well not the best take off.but heres the catch. if i take off and only hold the gas down for second or so, let off, then punch it again. its ten times more potent. it will through you back in the seat with incredible torque. anyway or anything i can do to actually get that kind of take off without double tapping the gas. my main goal if possible is to get my V6 turbo. which has around 306 hp, as close to the v8 as possible. without giving up 29mpg for lets say 9 mpg.LOL..i would ultimately like to push it to about 400 hp but if i can just boost it enough to get the same hp as the off the line SS/s then i would be done with this creation, and not have to buy anymore. any constructive help is appreciated. im a car person but ive never done anything hp and power upgrades before. just the basic stuff.which is why im asking.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
fredbo

Drives: black 2010 LS
im tryin to turbo mine too, jus l8r on tho
fredbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #3
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
Just wonder is there gonna be any upgrades or anything i can do to my Lt to boost the hp of my car. and on the start if i punch the gas to the floor the car has...well not the best take off.but heres the catch. if i take off and only hold the gas down for second or so, let off, then punch it again. its ten times more potent. it will through you back in the seat with incredible torque. anyway or anything i can do to actually get that kind of take off without double tapping the gas. my main goal if possible is to get my V6 turbo. which has around 306 hp, as close to the v8 as possible. without giving up 29mpg for lets say 9 mpg.LOL..i would ultimately like to push it to about 400 hp but if i can just boost it enough to get the same hp as the off the line SS/s then i would be done with this creation, and not have to buy anymore. any constructive help is appreciated. im a car person but ive never done anything hp and power upgrades before. just the basic stuff.which is why im asking.
Your not really wanting the HP of the SS, your wanting the TQ. And what your feeling in your V6 is weight transfer.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Any forced induction system will likely get you to 400 horsepower. Just wait for a kit to come out
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
M6 or A6?? If it's A6, are you doing this in the D or M mode?
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
M6 or A6?? If it's A6, are you doing this in the D or M mode?
a6 in both modes..although S undoubtily is better.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah thata what im waiting for is something to come out. not in no big hurry. love the mpg. but ill either put twin turbos or a supercharger soon.if any of you see anything coming out in that line then let me know. any racing chips or anything of that nature you guys prefer???
Old 07-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
First off, it really sounds from your first post (and it may just be poor wording) that you think the V6 comes with a turbo from the factory. I feel the need to point out that this is not the case. Not necessarily in case you think that, but because somebody who knows nothing about this car may see this thread and think "OMG, STOCK TURBO!"

That said, the V6 responded very well to just a CAI and cat-back, with no tune - 31 rear wheel horsepower. Thats about 37 at the flywheel, or about 340 flywheel at that point. Conservatively, long tubes may net another 15* at the wheels (depending on how restrictive the stock manifolds are...), which would put you at almost 360* at the flywheel. Those numbers should improve a bit with a tune, so with an intake a full exhaust I'd wager you'd be able to get close to 375*.

Past that you'll need something a bit more exotic - maybe an underdrive pulley kit, or some hotter cams; boost would work; and Zex just announced a 55 horsepower NOS kit.

It will definitely be possible to get to 400 horses at the flywheel. How you get there will make a big difference in how your car drives and acts, however.

Your mileage may vary.
- X

* Disclaimer: These numbers are based solely on my research and experience. They are nothing more than bench dyno results. Take them with a grain of salt.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Quote:
you should post pics of your car lol
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
First off, it really sounds from your first post (and it may just be poor wording) that you think the V6 comes with a turbo from the factory. I feel the need to point out that this is not the case. Not necessarily in case you think that, but because somebody who knows nothing about this car may see this thread and think "OMG, STOCK TURBO!"

That said, the V6 responded very well to just a CAI and cat-back, with no tune - 31 rear wheel horsepower. Thats about 37 at the flywheel, or about 340 flywheel at that point. Conservatively, long tubes may net another 15* at the wheels (depending on how restrictive the stock manifolds are...), which would put you at almost 360* at the flywheel. Those numbers should improve a bit with a tune, so with an intake a full exhaust I'd wager you'd be able to get close to 375*.

Past that you'll need something a bit more exotic - maybe an underdrive pulley kit, or some hotter cams; boost would work; and Zex just announced a 55 horsepower NOS kit.

It will definitely be possible to get to 400 horses at the flywheel. How you get there will make a big difference in how your car drives and acts, however.

Your mileage may vary.
- X

* Disclaimer: These numbers are based solely on my research and experience. They are nothing more than bench dyno results. Take them with a grain of salt.
i meant get my v6 turbo'd
Old 07-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post
you should post pics of your car lol
sarcasm????
Old 07-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post

Your mileage may vary.
- X

so youre saying with just some more exhaust etc, and some tuning that i should almost reach 400 that way??? cause from what ive read around on the net about the situation i came to the same conclusion. but damn id really like a supercharger or twin turbo kit. but to be clear ive heard people talking saying v6 turbo this v6 turbo that. are they not turbo'd. mine has the piece on top that looks identical to the pics of the other turbos on the v6s..now that you mentioned it im wondering.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
Venom40k
No... not the SS...

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS *Red*
Quote:
so youre saying with just some more exhaust etc, and some tuning that i should almost reach 400 that way??? cause from what ive read around on the net about the situation i came to the same conclusion. but damn id really like a supercharger or twin turbo kit. but to be clear ive heard people talking saying v6 turbo this v6 turbo that. are they not turbo'd. mine has the piece on top that looks identical to the pics of the other turbos on the v6s..now that you mentioned it im wondering.

They are Not turbo'd from factory lol. There are prolly only like a handful turbo'd by a few gearheads right now.
Venom40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah i thought so too.