Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It's for the most part a mustang thing.... Challenger drives are very cool IMHO... Went to a Dodge dealer a few weeks ago because a friend was looking for a Charger... They were having a BBQ at the dealership and were also having a MOPAR day...

Takled to a bunch of Challenger owners who were great!!!! They were interested in my Camaro and I was interested in their Challengers..

It was a GREAT time... No trash talk, no BS, they crawled all over my Camaro and I crawled all over their Challengers...

I have never seen a Challenger driver want to race everything it sees and for the most part, 90% of Camaro drivers are the same...

It's something about Mustangs... Maybe it's all the kids that drive them, maybe is short man syndrome... I can't place it... Mustang owners / drivers are hands down the worse...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #30
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
You took the time to come to a Camaro board and respond...I sense someone who would rather have a Camaro.
Yes, you are correct. I want a Camaro so bad that I went out and bought a Mustang GT/CS 3 weeks ago.
I joined this board when I was considering buying a Camaro but went in a different direction when the 2011 Mustangs came out. I still like Camaros though and continue to follow the forum.
While it might not be the case for some Camaro owners, it is ACTUALLY possible to be interested in more than one car make. Comments like yours are a detriment to not only Camaro owners but ALL muscle car enthusiasts. Congratulations on continually making the other members of your forum look immature and small minded.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post

It's something about Mustangs... Maybe it's all the kids that drive them, maybe is short man syndrome... I can't place it... Mustang owners / drivers are hands down the worse...
Any other large groups of people you want to insult while your at it?
I'm also a pacific islander. Do you hate them too? lol
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #32
raqball

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain1 View Post
Any other large groups of people you want to insult while your at it?

No just kids in Mustangs that want to race everything... You can't throw a rock without hitting a 16-year-old in a Mustang wanting to race a KIA Soul... LOL

Oh, don't like trolls either.....
Old 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #33
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:

No just kids in Mustangs that want to race everything... You can't throw a rock without hitting a 16-year-old in a Mustang wanting to race a KIA Soul... LOL

Oh, don't like trolls either.....
Yeah you can..it'll hit a kid in a Acrua Integra or a Honda Civic with more stickers than a Scrapbook store and a fart can exhaust first.

I doubt many 16 year olds are running around in a 2010 or 2011 Mustang GT
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #34
raqball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Yeah you can..it'll hit a kid in a Acrua Integra or a Honda Civic with more stickers than a Scrapbook store and a fart can exhaust first.
Hahahaha... True, very true...

Quote:
I doubt many 16 year olds are running around in a 2010 or 2011 Mustang GT
Lot of rich kids here who daddy bought their car... Some are in newer stang's but most are in the older version(s)
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #35
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Hahahaha... True, very true...

Lot of rich kids here who daddy bought their car... Some are in newer stang's but most are in the older version(s)
You mean like one of the 16 year olds here who make 16-20 dollars an hour and are magically supporting their own 2SS/RS?

OH! I mean..uh..yeah..stupid rich kids..having their cars bought for them and stuff..

ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #36
raqball

Oh don't get me wrong, that's why I posted that 90% of Camaro drivers don't act like most Mustang drivers...

I commented a few days ago on the the SS'ers snubbing their nose at the V6 owners...

I see it like this... Most Camaro and Challenger owners are enthusiasts... Most Mustang owners have some type of complex IMHO...

I was very close to buying a Challenger before getting the Camaro...

Now don't get me wrong, there are some awesome Mustang owners as well... They are just fewer and farther in-between than Camaro and Challenger owners...
Old 08-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #37
DayDreamer
Along for the ride!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS IBM
Personally I haven't had probelms with anyone so far besides Hondas and Stangs, everyone else either nods, waves, gives a thumbs up, or some kind of recognition, and in return I do the same b/c I do my best not to hate. When honda drivers come around I have turn up my radio to ignore their constant rice squeal and "show boating" they attempt. But when it comes down to mustang drivers; maybe 3:10 acknowledge another performance car is even around, and 2:3 either act like they drive a honda or snear at me like I just kidnapped their children. But there is that last driver who gives a smile or acts like a decent human being or car enthusiast.
DayDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #38
raqball

I get waives from about 90% of Camaro owners, 90% of Challenger owners, 50% of other sports car owners and about 10% of Mustang owners...

I have NOT figured out why this is.... What is it with Mustang owners / drivers??? I would not say they are jealous because the Mustang IS a nice car.... Attitude? Complex? Arrogant?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Wow. Didn't see this thread going in this direction...
Old 08-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #40
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
You mean like one of the 16 year olds here who make 16-20 dollars an hour and are magically supporting their own 2SS/RS?

OH! I mean..uh..yeah..stupid rich kids..having their cars bought for them and stuff..

where a $16 to $20 hour job for a sixteen year old?
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #41
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, there are some awesome Mustang owners as well... They are just fewer and farther in-between than Camaro and Challenger owners...
HA! I knew if I waited around long enough, you would finally mention me! LOL!
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #42
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong, that's why I posted that 90% of Camaro drivers don't act like most Mustang drivers...

I commented a few days ago on the the SS'ers snubbing their nose at the V6 owners...

I see it like this... Most Camaro and Challenger owners are enthusiasts... Most Mustang owners have some type of complex IMHO...

I was very close to buying a Challenger before getting the Camaro...

I feel the same way, except substitute Mustang for Camaro. The hate here for Mustangs is much more prevelent than the hate for Camaro's on the Mustang boards I read (mainly mustangsource). There's constant threads here hating on Mustangs, but they're few and far between on the Mustang boards. The truth is, the Camaro doesn't even get mentioned that much over there, and when it does most replies are positive, or at least the haters get shut down pretty fast. I mean come on: rustang, mustake, crapstang, I even saw mustank once...oh the irony. I mean if you're going to insult the damn thing, at least come up with a witty insult.

OK, I'm done with the rant. I really do like parts of this board, but the juvenile bickering and insults can be overbearing at times.

You know, now that I reread what i wrote, I'm not even sure why I quoted you for this, it's not directed at you. It was the line about Camaro and Challenger owners being enthusiasts and Mustang owners having complexes. That's a whole other argument.

Sorry for derailing this thread.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote