Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2023, 08:15 AM   #15
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNJ View Post
It's depressing that the "electric sedan" will probably blow all our doors off....
Naw, not for me. There's much more to driving pleasure than just pure speed. If it was all about speed, I would get my kicks on a Hyabusa. It's the sound, it's the handling, it's the driving pleasure that comes from cruising in a car with profound history and classic lines.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:08 AM   #16
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Naw, not for me. There's much more to driving pleasure than just pure speed. If it was all about speed, I would get my kicks on a Hyabusa. It's the sound, it's the handling, it's the driving pleasure that comes from cruising in a car with profound history and classic lines.
It's also the looks. I get as much attention when I drive my '10 SS,
as some do driving their car that's worth 10 times as much.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:25 AM   #17
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Currently Barra wants to buy out 58, 000 salaried employees to cut 2 billion from GMs budget.
Sales are off for some reason.
Hmm, wonder why?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 06:13 PM   #18
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Incredible no matter where we go with the Camaros someone asks about them and how they would love to buy one............................nothing more to say about this.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 08:38 PM   #19
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Currently Barra wants to buy out 58, 000 salaried employees to cut 2 billion from GMs budget.
Sales are off for some reason.
Hmm, wonder why?
Don’t worry EV’s are going to save the day I’m a life long GM guy. I am seriously thinking my current 22 silverado HD will be my last newer GM vehicle, unless they change directions fast. I’ll still pick up the old ones where possible, I’ve got several old trucks and my IROC-Z, I’m totally disgusted with their current direction.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:59 PM   #20
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Don’t worry EV’s are going to save the day I’m a life long GM guy. I am seriously thinking my current 22 silverado HD will be my last newer GM vehicle, unless they change directions fast. I’ll still pick up the old ones where possible, I’ve got several old trucks and my IROC-Z, I’m totally disgusted with their current direction.
My 2013 Sierra was the last brand new vehicle I'll ever buy from GM. No manual trannies on the trucks which really sucks. Their trannies are trash. 6L80 is complete junk. DOD is junk. They dont make vehicles to last. They make em to outlast the warranty. Why spend $60k on a truck? When I can just keep fixing mine for wayy less than $12-13k a yr (which is the avg cost of a $60k vehicle for 6yrs)?

If I HAD to buy a new truck? Toyota tacoma all the way or maybe a tundra. Foreign trumps the Big 3. since early 2000

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 11:13 PM   #21
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
My 2013 Sierra was the last brand new vehicle I'll ever buy from GM. No manual trannies on the trucks which really sucks. Their trannies are trash. 6L80 is complete junk. DOD is junk. They dont make vehicles to last. They make em to outlast the warranty. Why spend $60k on a truck? When I can just keep fixing mine for wayy less than $12-13k a yr (which is the avg cost of a $60k vehicle for 6yrs)?

If I HAD to buy a new truck? Toyota tacoma all the way or maybe a tundra. Foreign trumps the Big 3. since early 2000
Toyota has a great rep, no doubt, but for several years running, about a decade or so ago, they had more safety recalls than all the big three combined. I did the research then, not going to do it again now, so don't ask...grin... Also, my son-in-law's 2015 Tundra was in the shop more than he drove it for the 8 months he owned it. No joke. Must have been a Friday car.

And as far as foreign versus domestic, that really hasn't been a thing for decades. The vast majority of Toyotas sold in the US are made in the US and it's been that way for a very long time. And all 5th gen Camaros were made in Canada and I'm good with that. Canadians make great cars.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:21 PM   #22
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Not to mention no V8 in the current tundras if I’m not mistaken. I really like my current silverado. Wish GM would have gone thru with 6.6 based performance engine. The truck motor is a real beast. Not sure how it can be said that the 6l80 is junk. They hold up to stupid power in the Camaros and run 200k+ in the trucks. I’ve had a few. The 90 has been equally as good and I’ve had a few of them too, I towed very heavy for 100K plus miles in my last 2018 Sierra 2500 6.0/6l90E. The oilfield is rough on equipment and these last several trucks have really performed well therein. I had an early 17 L5P before the Sierra and it was great too. All that said they can kiss my ass in forcing the EV crap down my throat. I hope it bites them in the ass big time.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 12:45 AM   #23
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:

I just bought a new 2023 Pro-4x Titan. So far I have been really impressed with it. I'm done with gm for the foreseeable future.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #24
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Not to mention no V8 in the current tundras if I’m not mistaken. I really like my current silverado. Wish GM would have gone thru with 6.6 based performance engine. The truck motor is a real beast. Not sure how it can be said that the 6l80 is junk. They hold up to stupid power in the Camaros and run 200k+ in the trucks. I’ve had a few. The 90 has been equally as good and I’ve had a few of them too, I towed very heavy for 100K plus miles in my last 2018 Sierra 2500 6.0/6l90E. The oilfield is rough on equipment and these last several trucks have really performed well therein. I had an early 17 L5P before the Sierra and it was great too. All that said they can kiss my ass in forcing the EV crap down my throat. I hope it bites them in the ass big time.
Mine lasted 120k miles. Let me rephrase that. GM factory torque converters are complete shit. Which in turn kills the tranny. No they’re not good.

EV is a ploy. Gov my getting money etc to push it. We don’t have infrastructure for it. And 100% dependent on electricity means forced blackouts, all kings of dumb shit to control you. It will fail cause many can’t afford EV. It’d have to be another “cash for clunkers” deal to take place.

Old 03-15-2023, 08:21 AM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Stupidity at its worst from GM.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:27 PM   #26
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Stupidity at its worst from GM.
Technically it’s not stupid by GM. They’re just pushing EVs albeit Uncle Sam is at the forefront. So car manufacturers are getting kickbacks to flog that route. Ford as well. Look at the Mach e mustake. I wouldn’t want Chevy to make an E camaro cause that’s just dumb. And yes the cars are faster. But ICE engines made the world go round for what? 130 yrs? Ev won’t last that long.

By 2050 they want 60% of population (drivers) to be in EVs. And they’ll get there. When EVs can match gasoline and pricing is dropped to affordable l. But I hope it crashes and burns. We have a lot of up and coming gas stations popping up….

Old 03-16-2023, 09:38 PM   #27
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:

I asked a reputable transmission builder about how long he thinks my 6l80 will last and he said the torque converter is the weak point in these transmissions. I replaced mine with a circle d 3600 and now have a 173k miles on mine and still shifts great.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 09:50 AM   #28
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Yep, keeping my Camaro.
Keeping my pistol brace and gas stove too.
This and old washing machine.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote