Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #99
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksacamaro View Post
i dont know if thats me only or not , but when i installed the Vmax throttle body and the vitesse controller the throttle response changed but didnt change when i floor it , everytime i floor it there is still the 1 or 2 secs lag , so basically there is no change when i floor it , is that normal ?
That does seem to be the case, at least from my experience. Flooring it off the line (A6) there doesn't seem to be any change compared to stock. I don't think the throttle controller changes anything when it comes to 100% pedal application. Though, shifting does seem to be sharper, so I'd imagine a WOT 0-60 time would still be better than stock...but it does still have that 1 or 2 second lag if WOT from a stop.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #100
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Can some of you with the LS/2LS post your settings? I'll use those as the baseline and adjust from there. Assuming SP9 for performance, ... EC4 for economy?
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #101
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I finally got mine installed. So here is my take. Remember this is on a 2012 LFX V6 Automatic Convertible. The convertible will weigh more than the coupe so the effects may not be as dramatic in some cases. For mine I say forget anything under SP3 because you won't notice much change. SP4-6 you get quicker downshifts ( both normal and sport modes)and when making a turn pulling out you need to be careful because for the first time on dry pavement pulling out the rear end broke loose and I fishtailed for a good 100 ft. with TC off, with TC on it was kicking in a lot more than I am used to. On 7 I got wheelspin pulling out in a straight line. On 8 and 9 I think it's too sensitive for street use. The transmission was kicking down to a lower gear with the slightest application of the throttle. If I used them on the street I would probably use manual mode.
My instructions still indicate EC mode is not supported with our cars so I did not try it.
My normal setting will be SP3 or 4.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #102
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
Can some of you with the LS/2LS post your settings? I'll use those as the baseline and adjust from there. Assuming SP9 for performance, ... EC4 for economy?
I find the minimum setting to see an improvement in drivability is SP3, SP4 was what I used when I first installed it and got used to the improved response, but I've moved up to SP5.

SP9 seems too aggressive...SP8 is more usable, and still a "high" setting.

Angrybird...good summary!
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #103
n116ebo
n116

Drives: 2010 2SS YELLOW TRANSFORMER AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksacamaro View Post
i dont know if thats me only or not , but when i installed the Vmax throttle body and the vitesse controller the throttle response changed but didnt change when i floor it , everytime i floor it there is still the 1 or 2 secs lag , so basically there is no change when i floor it , is that normal ?

I must ask. Did you calibrate the controller. I know you did.
n116ebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #104
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I find the minimum setting to see an improvement in drivability is SP3, SP4 was what I used when I first installed it and got used to the improved response, but I've moved up to SP5.

SP9 seems too aggressive...SP8 is more usable, and still a "high" setting.

Angrybird...good summary!
Thanks, one other thing, like other reports there really is not much if any change on full throttle starts, but I noticed that if you go about 3/4 throttle first and wait a second or two then floor it it does much better.

I can see myself using more gas around town and on the back roads just because of the fun factor with the throttle response.....

Knowing what this does for the V6 on an SS it would scare the crap out of me LOL..
Old 01-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #105
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I finally got mine installed. So here is my take. Remember this is on a 2012 LFX V6 Automatic Convertible. The convertible will weigh more than the coupe so the effects may not be as dramatic in some cases. For mine I say forget anything under SP3 because you won't notice much change. SP4-6 you get quicker downshifts ( both normal and sport modes)and when making a turn pulling out you need to be careful because for the first time on dry pavement pulling out the rear end broke loose and I fishtailed for a good 100 ft. with TC off, with TC on it was kicking in a lot more than I am used to. On 7 I got wheelspin pulling out in a straight line. On 8 and 9 I think it's too sensitive for street use. The transmission was kicking down to a lower gear with the slightest application of the throttle. If I used them on the street I would probably use manual mode.
My instructions still indicate EC mode is not supported with our cars so I did not try it.
My normal setting will be SP3 or 4.
I received mine about a week before you did. My instructions made no mention of the EC mode.

Is it possible you can post a pic of your intructions. Seems to be some difference in these. Then the one fella getting intructions for a G8 last week with his order.

Thanks

Last edited by sixtyseven; 01-16-2015 at 06:00 PM. Reason: n
sixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyseven View Post
I received mine about a week before you did. My instructions made no mention of the EC mode.

Is it possible you can post a pic of your intructions. Seems to be some difference in these. Then the one fella getting intructions for a G8 last week with his order.

Thanks
Could be since yours is a 2015 the programming is different than my 2012. I don't know.
I Messaged them and asked if it was still not working for some models. I will let you know what they say.
Oh also when I was calibrating mine it never showed the L at no throttle or 100 at full throttle until I let the button go afterwards.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-16-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #107
GDSPEED

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
i've been thinking about getting a ported throttle body...should i get this instead or in addition to? what do you guys think? all i have is a CAI.
GDSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #108
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDSPEED View Post
i've been thinking about getting a ported throttle body...should i get this instead or in addition to? what do you guys think? all i have is a CAI.
Try this first.....I wish they had been out when I bought my ported throttle body.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #109
crazy82012

Drives: SIM2012 Rollin on22's LEDs
Very impressed with this kit ,��looks very professional & a very clean setup! still not sure where to mount the display .But the throttle response is awesome ,it really feels like a different car. I now have a Beast mode��!!!! Often I have thought to myself I should of just bought the V8 ,but now I'm so happy & content with my LFX V6
crazy82012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #110
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
Thank you for posting that angrybird 12.

My instructions read:

How to use our Throttle Controller.

B (Sports mode button) increases the throttle response. SP0 being stock all the way to SP9 being the highest setting.

A (Economy mode button) decreases the throttle response. ( it opens the throttle blade in a way to help you save gas. EC7 being the most economical mode.

For any assistance or questions --------------------------------------
sixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 AM   #111
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyseven View Post
Thank you for posting that angrybird 12.

My instructions read:

How to use our Throttle Controller.

B (Sports mode button) increases the throttle response. SP0 being stock all the way to SP9 being the highest setting.

A (Economy mode button) decreases the throttle response. ( it opens the throttle blade in a way to help you save gas. EC7 being the most economical mode.

For any assistance or questions --------------------------------------
I got a reply back. He said that the ones going out now have been updated and the LLT and LFX can now use the EC mode.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #112
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

I just got back from trying the EC mode. I really couldn't tell any different from stock until I got to EC4, I could tell it was slower accelerating and slow to downshift. I then put it on EC5 and could really see a difference. I didn't try any other modes, if I want to accelerate any slower I will just drive our Spark.