Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Can't decide color

What did you do, pick a specific color or anything you found. IN MY OPINION some colors look better with appearance mods. Example Black, silver look fine stock but I think other colors need tint and rims and all that stuff to look their best. Especially white, because I always liked when people stormtrooper the hell out of their car. What do you think?
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
I went in knowing I wanted Imperial Blue or Ashen Gray and ended up with the AGM, which I really like.

I do agree some base colors look best with some contrast. Too me, the really bright colors like yellow or orange look best with dark stripes or some sort of contrast.

But that is just my opinion.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Man, I am with you on this. Honestly I think they all look good. I will say silver has my attention the most. It is so clean and sleek looking. It will be timeless. The IOM also looks nice too. I plan on keeping this ride a long time though and I just have to wonder if I'll think it still looks awesome in 10 years from now? Black, man I like it, but I have already had 2 black camaros, and cirrently have a black Trailblazer. Black is a pain to deal with...if I can find something else I will stay away from black this time - even though it does look sick when it's in tip top shape.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
IMHO, all colors will look good if you keep it clean and wax it regularly. You can make any Camaro look good no matter what color it is if you take care of it. You should pick what YOU like the best.

I have had black, white, red, and blue cars. Black seems to be the hardest to maintain but very rewarding if you put in the time. I also consider the lines of the car when deciding what color to get. For example, I had a few BMW m3's and found that alpine white to be my favorite color. With the camaro I think that black and orange look the best.

Again, everyone has their own tastes. What kind of mods are you considering getting? That could make a big difference.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
Man, I am with you on this. Honestly I think they all look good. I will say silver has my attention the most. It is so clean and sleek looking. It will be timeless. The IOM also looks nice too. I plan on keeping this ride a long time though and I just have to wonder if I'll think it still looks awesome in 10 years from now? Black, man I like it, but I have already had 2 black camaros, and cirrently have a black Trailblazer. Black is a pain to deal with...if I can find something else I will stay away from black this time - even though it does look sick when it's in tip top shape.
SIM FTW!!!
Attached Images

Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Everybody has that one color that they're attracted to, and for me it was rally yellow. Just pick what speaks to you and that's it. It's actually very simple picking a color, you get in trouble when you start asking other people what they think...
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
Toross

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Black or dark colors close show damage and white or lighter ones show dirt. When it comes to maintence the mid tones r always the best. Probably silver u never have to clean it and no one knows. With that said though for me it's always white of black. They require a little extra care to keep them pretty, but I think it's worth it.
Toross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I picked a specific color (summit white w/ IOM stripes) and an acceptable second choice (victory red). Had future mods planed prior.

Would've been a harder choice if there was a LeMans blue available w/ white stripes.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
I saved up for my car while paying my kids college tuition. From day one, I knew it had to be IOM with matching interior. Took me a few months to find it though.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Went for the color
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Go Victory Red!
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
The day I went to order my SS, I knew exactly what color I wanted, I love my IOM
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
I chose rally yellow, probably because I'm colour blind, but I also thought if you're gonna stand out in a crowd, REALLY STAND OUT. You can't really ask other people their opinion on the colour of YOUR car though. Just buy what you like and enjoy it. The world would be very dull if we didin't all have different tastes. Imagine turning up at a car meet to see 100 black Camaro SS RSs with orange stripes. It's a nice combo individually but after the 2nd or 3rd one you''d be bored.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I went in knowing I wanted Imperial Blue or Ashen Gray and ended up with the AGM, which I really like.

I do agree some base colors look best with some contrast. Too me, the really bright colors like yellow or orange look best with dark stripes or some sort of contrast.

But that is just my opinion.
My two favorite colors. If I get an SS it will be IBM.

Honestly I've seen every color with different schemes and you can make anything unique. It's hard to go wrong with black or dark metallics.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote