Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #7169
Tamaras2SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Attachment 437438
Merry Christmas???
LOL!!! Cute!!!! We need them for Christmas!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #7170
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
Finally got around to getting a replacement hood bumper. For anyone interested, the P/N is 92249259. We got Qty. 2 at O'Rielly for $22.21, just checked GM Parts Direct and Qty. 1 is $18.14 and Qty. 2 is $23.33. BTW, I have an extra one, if you need it, let me know.
Are you talking the foam things toward the back of the hood? If so I could use one!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #7171
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Are you talking the foam things toward the back of the hood? If so I could use one!
I need to epoxy one of mine back down before it disappears...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #7172
bmrandall87

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6, CG on IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
I need to epoxy one of mine back down before it disappears...
If these are the foam things I'm missing one too. Anyone know what these are for? Driving around without one for a few thousand miles hasn't seemed to make any difference.
Modifications: K&N CAI, SLP skip shift eliminator, Eibach 1" lowering springs, Pfadt trailing arms, OBX longtubes, Magnaflow 3" cat-back w/ HF cats, JRE Tune, CGM heritage grille, black bowtie and IOM SS badges
bmrandall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #7173
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
I have a very slow leak. The leak is were the transmission cooling lines connect to the engine block. The leak is so slow, stalagmites have formed. I can't figure out how to get a wrench up there to tighten it. These drips are really thick almost dry.
Saw this today. It seems to be happening regularly. We may want to look over everyone's cars at the next mod day...

...and check your Trans Fluid levels until then.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258434

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #7174
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrandall87 View Post
If these are the foam things I'm missing one too. Anyone know what these are for? Driving around without one for a few thousand miles hasn't seemed to make any difference.
They keep the hood from flying off by absorbing ultrasonic vibrations as the car approaches Mach 1.

Same design copied by the Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Really, I have no idea.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #7175
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
They keep the hood from flying off by absorbing ultrasonic vibrations as the car approaches Mach 1.

Same design copied by the Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Really, I have no idea.
Mythbuster's tested this as "plausable". I think?!?!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #7176
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Saw this today. It seems to be happening regularly. We may want to look over everyone's cars at the next mod day...

...and check your Trans Fluid levels until then.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258434
I need to take mine in one of these days, it's kinda the same, but it's Coolant.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #7177
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
I need to take mine in one of these days, it's kinda the same, but it's Coolant.
We had the coolant leak problem on the left side of the engine block. It was a known problem a year ago and they had to reseal a bolt into the block. Changed our coolant for us too at the same time.

There may be a TSB out on this by now....don't know for sure.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #7178
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Talking Poll (pole) workers wanted

Glen, I saw an ad on TV where they're looking for poll (pole?) workers for the election next week.

Are you busy next Tuesday?
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #7179
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Glen, I saw an ad on TV where they're looking for poll (pole?) workers for the election next week.

Glad I'm voting early...

Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #7180
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Scotsdale Pavilions & Monthly Meeting

Quote:
Who else is interested in the trip up to Scottsdale Pavilions on 10 Nov? AZ All Gens has set aside 10 spots for us to join them on Camaro Night. More will be available if we need them. The plan is to leave Tucson around 12:30 and meet up with them about 2:30. The gathering lasts well into the evening, but you can depart whenever you need to. Some folks will be staying overnight, while others will caravan back home. Please let me know if you're interested. I need to pass the list on to AAGCC this week.

Here's who I have so far;

BODIH +1
FlynnAZ +1
Big Sis +1
40 Years
Reighard55
TaintedVeins???
Need to firm up these names by Thursday. AAGCC are holding 10 spots for us, and have others of their own on a waiting list. Please let me know ASAP if you'd like to attend. It'll be nice to have a nighttime show for once.

Also;

Confirmed reservations for 8 Nov at Brushfire BBQ for our monthly meeting. Corner of 22nd & Kolb. 6PM for dinner, meeting around 7PM. I reserved the Meet & Greet Room ($2 per person, please bring cash). They will reserve 20 parking spots out front like last time. We will be discussing our plans for a Christmas Potluck in a few weeks. Please let me know if you plan to attend (# of people, # of cars).

Hope to see you there!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #7181
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post

Sorry, I voted the Chicago way. Early and often.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #7182
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Sorry, I voted the Chicago way. Early and often.
I thought the Chicago way was to vote dead. That's how the Richard Daley kept getting elected mayor...