Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Exactly and it will probably save you money. If something goes wrong on your catch can, you can fix it yourself instead of having to pay a mechanic.
Probably- lol ! It definitely will man. the "labor" is whats the killer. Most mechanic don't know there ass from their front and have the nerves to charge crazy prices. Lol ! The nerve of them.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Probably- lol ! It definitely will man. the "labor" is whats the killer. Most mechanic don't know there ass from their front and have the nerves to charge crazy prices. Lol ! The nerve of them.
I mean can you blame them? Lol if someone is willing to walk in and pay a price for something...

I think I've talked down every mechanic who has ever offered me a quote just because they always try to over charge for labor hoping I don't know how long the job should take. The most recent thing I needed a mechanic for was to install my springs because I don't have access to a compressor. I called 3 shops in the area that all wanted ~$500-600 for 3-5 hours of labor...to install springs...

They'll try to get you for even more if you have mods on your car and you don't understand them! My friend paid $300 in a labor getting his vararam to work because he installed the MAF sensor backwards!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I mean can you blame them? Lol if someone is willing to walk in and pay a price for something...

I think I've talked down every mechanic who has ever offered me a quote just because they always try to over charge for labor hoping I don't know how long the job should take. The most recent thing I needed a mechanic for was to install my springs because I don't have access to a compressor. I called 3 shops in the area that all wanted ~$500-600 for 3-5 hours of labor...to install springs...

They'll try to get you for even more if you have mods on your car and you don't understand them! My friend paid $300 in a labor getting his vararam to work because he installed the MAF sensor backwards!
Sheesh !!! $300 well he didnt know. But shame on them for taking advantage of a customer.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #18
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
See my mods listed below! They work great!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote