Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Get a tune then put it in sport mode with the nannies of and watch what happens! Just make sure you are away from traffic and the edge of the road!
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #16
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Make sure your car is completely stopped in an empty road. Hold down the traction control button until both lights go on. Put your shifter in 'S' and pull the left paddle to engage first gear. Floor the accelerator.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #17
ponywars

Drives: 2012 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
Make sure your car is completely stopped in an empty road. Hold down the traction control button until both lights go on. Put your shifter in 'S' and pull the left paddle to engage first gear. Floor the accelerator.
whats turning off stabli and traction supposed to do?
i drove around with them both off, but i was too scared to floor it so i didnt notice a difference
ponywars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011*Camaro*SS View Post
Yes ^^ double tapping is track/competitive mode holding is turning everything completely off.

Maybe someone can elaborate more thats all I know though
Correct.. Competitive mode reduces, but doesn't totally eliminate all traction control which allows you to launch without spinning your tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponywars View Post
whats turning off stabli and traction supposed to do?
i drove around with them both off, but i was too scared to floor it so i didnt notice a difference
Turning everything off by holding the button down for 7-10 sec is just that... no traction control or stabilitrac. This ensures you have full power and is best used when you have drag radials or tires that will stick and not spin. At a properly prepped track w/ sticky tires always turn everything off to make your best runs.

FWIW.. Using paddles is worthless for performace... it's only a fun factor item.

Using Sport mode is great around town. Just leave the stabilitrack and traction contol on for added safety measures, but these do rob a small bit of power to operate.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #19
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Turning everything off by holding the button down for 7-10 sec is just that... no traction control or stabilitrac. This ensures you have full power and is best used when you have drag radials or tires that will stick and not spin. At a properly prepped track w/ sticky tires always turn everything off to make your best runs.

FWIW.. Using paddles is worthless for performace... it's only a fun factor item.

Using Sport mode is great around town. Just leave the stabilitrack and traction contol on for added safety measures, but these do rob a small bit of power to operate.
Exactly..I still like to use the paddles because I love to hear those downshifts
Old 06-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #20
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
It is fun! Until my wife yells at me for snapping her head back.
Lol !! You too huh? I usually drive in Sport mode when by myself. But I agree with the rest . Try it. You'll enjoy it
Old 06-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #21
JuanBAMF

Drives: Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
Get a tune then put it in sport mode with the nannies of and watch what happens! Just make sure you are away from traffic and the edge of the road!
YES LAWD
JuanBAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #22
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
Actually, this is not good advice to someone who is new to muscle cars and not familiar with potential loss of traction issues. This action would likely put you sideways... quickly... and maybe worse.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #23
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I just got tuned this week and I can tell you: I never knew what I was missing!

You can never really appreciate sport mode until you get a tune. Holy crap WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-25-2013 at 06:58 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #24
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I just got tuned this week and I can tell you: I never knew what I was missing!

You can never really appreciate sport mode until you get a tune. Holy crap WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!
Just so I have a clear understanding here. The tune in which your speaking of is that the same tune one might get once they have a CAI, headers, and exhaust, TB installed ?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Just so I have a clear understanding here. The tune in which your speaking of is that the same tune one might get once they have a CAI, headers, and exhaust, TB installed ?
Yep, that's the tune.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #26
ActNup NY

Thxs for the clearification.