Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #29
alextop30

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
I also live in the hypocritical state of the Illinois - I cannot stand to look at that idiotic front plate. I got pulled over 2 times without any violations for not having it on when I bought that car. Let's just say over the years I have given enough money to the cops for a life time and a half in the future.

- use the little caps they cover it nicely and you do not need to worry about it too much.
alextop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #30
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
I was reading that by forcing it into 2nd could damage the linkage... I hate this skip shift, it never fails when it slides to 4th the car bogs down on me and I honestly feel kind of silly when it does it....

I haven't put my front plate on yet just got my plates but I'm really dreading putting it on. I was told about a front plate bracket that flips down when needed and hides away. (I'm assuming this is the show and go mentioned above)
Check out the Eliminator bracket available here www.eliminatorbracket.com they just started making the 2014 brackets available. I was taking a look at the show and go bracket but I was worried about clearance issues because of the 1LE front splitter. (this would place the show and go bracket even lower to the ground) With the Eliminator bracket I can remove the plate when I don't need it and throw it in the trunk. (when taking pictures or if I ever go to a car show)

If you look at the pictures on the Eliminator bracket website the Summit White 2LT belongs to Camaro 5 member fussboss and the AGM 2014 1LE belongs to me. If you would like more pictures of how the bracket looks PM me.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #31
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Thanks for the guys that have recommended me!

I've had a no drill license plate bracket for the basic 2014 LS/LT and SS cars available since mid-october. For those that aren't familiar, our "bent face" style no drill/no adhesive front plate bracket looks something like this:

Cost compared to most of the others available? Short of drilling holes, and using the factory bracket provided... We're the cheapest... But probably the most expensive to manufacture. Our brackets are 3/16" thick 5052 aluminum, CNC waterjet cut, then bent in a CNC press-brake, before they are "Jig Fit"(and TIG welded depending on application) and sent out to be powder coated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I was taking a look at the show and go bracket but I was worried about clearance issues because of the 1LE front splitter. (this would place the show and go bracket even lower to the ground)
You are absolutely right! Many people don't think about the clearance issues with this! I can't count how many people have contacted me after one had been ripped off. They are pretty thick.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #32
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBurntFace View Post
Thanks fellas. I'm gonna tackle that this weekend. Heymatt, on the skip shift 1-4, do you have to do that or is it just a suggestion. I see you have an eliminator installed.
You have headers. If you don't have a tune, you probably need one. The tuner can turn your skip-shift off. If you put an eliminator on the message will still come up in your DIC. If you have it tuned out, it's gone forever, including the message.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Show n' go! And then just keep it in the 'go position & if you get stopped just say "oops, forgot to pop it back out after I washed it...". Had one on my Focus ST.

For the Camaro the plate & OEM holder has been in the backseat for the past 2 years w/o any problem.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #34
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post

I've had a no drill license plate bracket for the basic 2014 LS/LT and SS cars available since mid-october. For those that aren't familiar, our "bent face" style no drill/no adhesive front plate bracket looks something like this:

Cost compared to most of the others available? Short of drilling holes, and using the factory bracket provided... We're the cheapest... But probably the most expensive to manufacture. Our brackets are 3/16" thick 5052 aluminum, CNC waterjet cut, then bent in a CNC press-brake, before they are "Jig Fit"(and TIG welded depending on application) and sent out to be powder coated.

I like this bent NO drill bracket!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #35
hidden_dragon

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
I was reading that by forcing it into 2nd could damage the linkage... I hate this skip shift, it never fails when it slides to 4th the car bogs down on me and I honestly feel kind of silly when it does it....

I haven't put my front plate on yet just got my plates but I'm really dreading putting it on. I was told about a front plate bracket that flips down when needed and hides away. (I'm assuming this is the show and go mentioned above)
There was another one who posted this but when you see the skip shift on your display, simply hit the cancel button...or just give it more gas until you are going faster than 18 mph.

hidden_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #36
mikec

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z51
I had an apt. At the dealer today, to install the ugly front mount. I started thinking about them drilling holes....... couldn't do it. Ordered one that tucks underneath and is removable. Damm, that was just too close.
Awesome & Understanding Girl Friend
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #37
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
That's what's great about this forum. You can find out a lot before you do something.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #38
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bygoneli View Post
In NY it is required too, I told them not to put it on. The bracket is sitting in my garage somewhere and the plate is in my glove box. No problems so far.
I told them to leave mine off,too . I was pulled over in September,ended up getting a tint ticket . Dumb ass cop never noticed I did not have a frt plate.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #39
FlashBurntFace

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS, LS3, CAI
Sooo this is sick. I removed my license plate bracket only I find 4 large, burr covered holes....
Attached Images

FlashBurntFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
BETO713

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Yeah a front bracket is required here in Texas too. Love my jacfab bracket. No problems here.

BETO713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #41
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BETO713 View Post
Yeah a front bracket is required here in Texas too. Love my jacfab bracket. No problems here.

Looks good. If I still lived in Texas that would be the way to go. Luckily Kentucky does not require a front plate.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #42
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post

You are absolutely right! Many people don't think about the clearance issues with this! I can't count how many people have contacted me after one had been ripped off. They are pretty thick.
When are you expected to have these for the 2014 1LE?
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote