Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #113
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Yeah it is strange, I actually had one give me his last name, he was one of the tier 1 people, the tier 2 people wont because I really dont think the name they give is actually theirs! Two of the guys I have talked to were named chris and reggie and they both sounded like they were from india, I really dont think those are common names for that area, after they both admitted not to be in the good ol USA, I asked then where are you and the response was thats not important! So where these people are, and who these people actually are, who knows?
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #114
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
The last guy I spoke with would not give a last name or his extension number. He said "no one has more authority than he does regarding this case", although he said he wasn't the CEO and wasn't the one who made the " resolution" decision.
I asked for the guy who made the decision and for this guys supervisor and were denied both.
Hmmm... no extension number?? Must sweep floors or something.

Don't you just love the way they throw out the word resolution? It's not a resolution, it's a single sided determination. OK... we got your money, we don't really care and nothing you can do about it. DENIED! Oh, and by the way, we won't give it to you in writing.

Then you wonder why these guys can't keep a client base.
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #115
XclusivEric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to XclusivEric
My heater core went out at 17989 miles.... How lucky was I? GM covered everything except replaced the carpet which I was kind of mad about. Stupid techs didn't know how to replace it and took nearly 2 weeks to fix it. Had to remove the windshield, dash, broke the intermediate steering shaft somehow, not to mention they cracked the windshield pulling it out. I just think the techs are poorly trained. Then after I got my car back I had a ding on each of my doors. Wonder where they came from... bastards can't even prove they did it. They denied all claims. Oh not to mention the Customer Service Rep accused me of driving my vehicle at 180 mph for long periods of time prior to even looking at my car. He said that the "pressure" sustained could cause the heater core to go out early. I just found it wierd when I ran my heater for the first time it started blowing white smoke. Smelled sweet and I probably have brain damage now from inhalation. So GM can screw themselves! Give me back my tax dollars you stole from the government! HAHAHAHA
Old 10-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #116
XclusivEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Update time again, also I'm sorry that I've been taking over this thread lately:

Well about a week ago I sent all my information (notes, work orders, etc) to the BBB and Chevrolet (no longer Chevy). The BBB confirmed that they received my information and that I would be hearing from them at a later date. Chevrolet however called me requesting more and more information about my case so that they would be able to make a fair assessment of the situation. Perfectly understandable. I get a call from my service rep, let's call her 33198, and she tells me that she is waiting on copies of my work orders from one of the dealers I took my car to and then she would make her assessment. I was a little confused on that because I had faxed her all of the work orders that I was given from both dealer's I went to. Apparently she has to double check that, again understandable. She want's to make sure she has all the facts straight. This is the part where she loses with the whole "understanding her actions". I asked her if she was able to give me a rough assessment of the situation, which she did nicely of course. She told me that their was in fact no problem with my car and because of the nature of the metallic pads all cars brakes squeal and that I should just get used to it. She hammered the last nail in when I asked what I should do now as that my brakes were still squealing loudly and it was becoming an annoyance to drive the car (which is my daily driver). My favorite part here "the problem that I am having with my brakes is not Chevrolet's responsibility and if I continue to have problems with them I should take my car to the dealer and work a solution out with them."

Bam. Sucker punch. Jab. Jab. Left hook. Finisher. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I've spent the past 2 and a half months trying to find a solution and work with Chevrolet and when I finally think I've made progress and that they will be able to help me out so how Bam. She tells me that its not her problem and I should just suck it up. I was speechless, absolutely no idea what or where I was to go from here. If it wasn't for the huge financial loss I'd take with selling the car that would be my plan right now.

I have now over 20k miles on my car and my brakes don't squeal. GM should have total responsibility... if not then just give it back to them and get your money back for selling you a lemon... Then turn around and get a new one. I'm sure there are lemon laws where you reside.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #117
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusivEric View Post
My heater core went out at 17989 miles.... How lucky was I? GM covered everything except replaced the carpet which I was kind of mad about. Stupid techs didn't know how to replace it and took nearly 2 weeks to fix it. Had to remove the windshield, dash, broke the intermediate steering shaft somehow, not to mention they cracked the windshield pulling it out. I just think the techs are poorly trained. Then after I got my car back I had a ding on each of my doors. Wonder where they came from... bastards can't even prove they did it. They denied all claims. Oh not to mention the Customer Service Rep accused me of driving my vehicle at 180 mph for long periods of time prior to even looking at my car. He said that the "pressure" sustained could cause the heater core to go out early. I just found it wierd when I ran my heater for the first time it started blowing white smoke. Smelled sweet and I probably have brain damage now from inhalation. So GM can screw themselves! Give me back my tax dollars you stole from the government! HAHAHAHA
don't they know that you're limited at 155mph? oh, no, wait... you're talking to the same douchebags who offered me free tire rotations for my troubles.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #118
XclusivEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
Appaerantly camaropete thinks I cant drive;cause I have written something he dont like??
I said I let the clutch all the way out all at once, or quickly, ( something like that) to make sure you know, I DIDNT slip the clutch. I also said it wasnt in launch mode.
So why did he explain to me how use it?
I also said I put the pedal down. That is the throttle, how else do you get the car to go? Does he have another way to get a car to go??
He also said I have abused my car... Do I know him? Does he live next door??
I havent been to the dragstrip, I havent abused my car, I HAVE driven over the speed limit. I havent done burnouts, And I am just now turning the traction control off once in a while just to see the difference in driving.
So why does this stranger who seems to want to help; tell me I dont know how to drive?
I dont care how long he has drivin a manual shift. I think he is a know it all.
Later.

Let me just say this, Camaropete may not realize that many of us are "new" to this whole launch control thing. Electronics have made things a little different. I bet he didn't know what the hell he was doing when he first used it niether unless he took the time to read the owner's manual. I know people who ride bikes for 20+ years and die in accidents. Just because they been doing it for years doesn't neccessarily make them residential experts. Man has made mistakes for years. Does that mean maybe GM needs to go over the entire car with you when you buy it to cover their butts.... YES! I think it's a customer service assurance asset. Maybe they should fire the dipsh*t salesmen who couldn't tell you the difference between the LT and 2SS and tell you that the dealer can install a power sunroof as an option... Believe me when I bought my car I knew more about it than my salesman did. He was like really that's an option? It was like I was selling him the car. Needless to say I refused to give positive customer feedback, if any at all. So I'll have to side with you on this one. I don't think that Camaropete understands really fully and never will because he isn't in your shoes and he has driven manual transmissions with launch control for 18+ years. As for your issue I don't know what to tell you, there is really no way to prove/disprove your case. I don't know how GM feels about all this but I know when it comes to warranty work (I know from experience) that they will take the longest possible time with it... You have to remember that the Technicians don't make money off of warranties so they will put your car on the back burner for as long as they can.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #119
XclusivEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
I don't know how many other people that have had as many problems as I have but my dream ss has been a nightmare, in one year I've burnt over 4qts oil, had my audio reprogrammed twice, door speakers replaced,amp replaced, rear speakers are loose and rattle(operating as designed Im told) hvac reprogrammed once and still loose heat, tires don't like to hold air, paint is coming off, clutch petal is catching almost to the top now, exhaust is rattling, loosing anti-freeze somewhere now-told no leaks, 1-3 gear is rough to up shift, 1/2 gear on downshift almost can't its so hard, trans noise-clutch release/imput shaft bearing-dont know which, dealership says they cant hear it but funny enough aamco can, dealerships treat me like mine is the only camaro with problems, and customer care I think should be renamed to don't care! Every time I finally get them to either agree they drop me like a rock and when I call back to see whats going on with a district rep that I have been promised multiple times NOBODY knows what Im talking about or has any record of those promises! I was raised a gm/chevy man but any more I really can't ever see my self ever owning another with the poor treatment I have received. Anybody got any helpful advice?

Check your passenger floor... does if feel wierd and slimy/greasy? Do you ever get a slight white mist from your AC/Heater vents? Does it smell/taste sweet? Most likely it's your heater core. It was hard for me to notice when one day, I'm sittin at McD's drive thru and my car starts overheating. Wow needless to say it was my heater core..... at 18k? WOW! I think GM quickly threw these badboys together with that big bailout they recieved to try and make a profit from the production. Speculation? I think not, given the timeline I think it fits perfectly. I think by the time the dust settles we'll have space shuttles to fly around in.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #120
XclusivEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
don't they know that you're limited at 155mph? oh, no, wait... you're talking to the same douchebags who offered me free tire rotations for my troubles.

HAHAHA... Tire rotations let me guess, you have staggered wheels also? HAHAHAHA
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #121
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
The last guy I spoke with would not give a last name or his extension number. He said "no one has more authority than he does regarding this case", although he said he wasn't the CEO and wasn't the one who made the " resolution" decision.
I asked for the guy who made the decision and for this guys supervisor and were denied both.
Hmmm... no extension number?? Must sweep floors or something.

Don't you just love the way they throw out the word resolution? It's not a resolution, it's a single sided determination. OK... we got your money, we don't really care and nothing you can do about it. DENIED! Oh, and by the way, we won't give it to you in writing.

Then you wonder why these guys can't keep a client base.
Yeah, been there,done that, and have the t-shirt to prove it! The whole problem is that they are not in America and dont care! Also they are on the phone, not in person, so they have no fear of your anger/frustration, and know that you will not be able to find them and when they are done listening they can hang up and your gone!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #122
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Well, I'm gonna give CamaroPete a chance to help. Thought alot about what to do if he can't help, but no decisions have been made yet.

It may be time to take a good look at the F-250's and Mustangs......Can't believe I just said that.
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #123
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
What is the issue with the front speakers.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #124
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
What is the issue with the front speakers.
Distortion, the fix is new door speakers and amp, unless the same morons install yours, after mine were installed I lost all bass up front and still get distortion.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #125
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Well, I'm gonna give CamaroPete a chance to help. Thought alot about what to do if he can't help, but no decisions have been made yet.

It may be time to take a good look at the F-250's and Mustangs......Can't believe I just said that.
PM me your customer service case number and VIN. I will see what I can do to help.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #126
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
GM Bashing

"Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues."

Don't bash GM?? Well lets see - my car only has 5000 miles on it now - and they acknowledge it has a problem - but also say they don't have a solution for it. So they are telling me nothing can be done.

I don't know how a company can sell me a car, admit it now has a problem, falls withing the warranty, but doesn't have a solution and now doesn't have to do anything about it.

I, like most people here, love Camaros. Today I walked out and saw mine and was pissed! At the car, at the dealer, at Chevrolet, and at GM. They literally have taken all the joy of owning a 2010 SS.
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote