Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
mrfnuts

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
$2025 off any new GM Car or Truck

EDIT:

These points have now been sold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got $2025 worth of GM credit card earnings to sell.

Easy to use, and transfer.

Just negotiate your best deal with your dealer and make use of all the current incentives out there after all that, then have me apply my points to knock an additional $2025 off your purchase.

I am looking to get $1100 for them.

Please PM if interested.

Last edited by mrfnuts; 08-04-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Points have been sold
mrfnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
ka41

Drives: none
I've got over $5000 worth but depending on which vehicle you get there is a max. redemption that is allowed. I think on trucks and suv's its around $2000 and camaro's are $1000.
ka41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
mrfnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka41 View Post
I've got over $5000 worth but depending on which vehicle you get there is a max. redemption that is allowed. I think on trucks and suv's its around $2000 and camaro's are $1000.
Well, I guess you're welcome to sell your own GM points in this thread... just strange to not start your own though. But, I digress, if perhaps to save 'new thread space', I don't mind someone else using the tread I started to advertise the same item for sale ... I just hope you know how to do this transaction and have transferred the earnings before (I have).

At any rate, you bring up a good point that I forgot to mention in my ad:

My $2025 are 'old program rules' points; There is no limit on how many can be redeemed on any one vehicle. So, for example, all $2025 can be used on the purchase or lease of a new Camaro.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
ka41

Not trying to start anything here and I DO NOT want to sell mine. I was merely making a point that no matter how much you have in earnings there is still a max redemption allowance that you can apply. On occasions they will send out a coupon worth additional earnings that you can apply with your regular earnings. I've been a member since 2002 and I'm not aware of "old program rules" points. Maybe you have a different type of card (account) than I do. If they will allow you to do what your trying to do, it sounds like a good deal to me. Good luck!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
mrfnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka41 View Post
Not trying to start anything here and I DO NOT want to sell mine. I was merely making a point that no matter how much you have in earnings there is still a max redemption allowance that you can apply. On occasions they will send out a coupon worth additional earnings that you can apply with your regular earnings. I've been a member since 2002 and I'm not aware of "old program rules" points. Maybe you have a different type of card (account) than I do. If they will allow you to do what your trying to do, it sounds like a good deal to me. Good luck!
The program changed the rules for all new cards (and those who voluntarily converted from the old card to the new card) some time in 2001. I have had my card since 1998, and declined to convert to new rules.

Key differences between the old card and new card are:

Old Card:
1) No redemption limits on any GM Vehicle
2) Can only earn a maximum of $500 per year on the card (i.e. $10,000 of spending)

New Card:
1) Redemption Limits -- and rather bad ones IMO. General rule seems to be the better selling the vehicle is, the lower the redemption limit
2) No cap on how many points can be earned in any given year. I find this a useless feature due to the before mentioned redemption limits and the fact at minimum I wait about 7-8 years before buying a new vehicle anyway.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
ka41

Thanks for clearing that up. If anyone is in the market for a new vehicle this is a good way to save almost a grand.