Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #127
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
If that's the case then these still seem like a good alternative to the solos
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #128
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Sorry to revive an old thread but does anybody have any more videos? My solo cats just failed on me and im thinking to go a different route maybe
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #129
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
It's no problem man. I know these are much cheaper then the solos. But idk if they ever really took off. I don't hear much people talking about these anymore. If I recall correctly they outflow the solos but they do throw a code. But it's nothing a flash couldn't fix

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:28 AM   #130
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
They have no cats I thought. Why not gut solos
Old 04-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #131
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread but does anybody have any more videos? My solo cats just failed on me and im thinking to go a different route maybe
how long did you have them before they failed? the ARH ones are fine just use the rear o2 extender just like the solo ones use.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #132
2Fr3shKicks

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Well... 165 miles after installing the CEL came on from the P0420, and P0430 codes

P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0430: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

I personally don't mind as I can turn them off in my tune, but I thought you guys would like to know. I went ahead and called ARH to ask them about it and the guy I talked to said I had to have my car tuned to have those codes turned off, and they were never designed to try and keep the code off.

Reading back through the thread, I see that the OP has some o2 sensor extenders installed which are probably what's keeping his CEL off. So keep that in mind if you do decide to buy these and you are concerned with the CEL staying off. I don't know if you can get them direct from ARH, or if you have to go with something aftermarket.

any updates. I've been following the thread and I am interested in ARH. I was agreeing when you stated on the price point on the Solo's. What was the price point for these?
2Fr3shKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #133
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
I would like to hear some updates also if there are any

If I'm reading their site correctly (the description doesn't match the part chosen) the price is $350 for no cats $475 with. Gaskets, clamps, O2 extension and harness included.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #134
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fr3shKicks View Post
any updates. I've been following the thread and I am interested in ARH. I was agreeing when you stated on the price point on the Solo's. What was the price point for these?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Town Terror View Post
I would like to hear some updates also if there are any

If I'm reading their site correctly (the description doesn't match the part chosen) the price is $350 for no cats $475 with. Gaskets, clamps, O2 extension and harness included.
It's pretty much as I left it...

I called them to ask about the CEL coming on, the guy told me I need a tune to make it stay off. I did NOT receive gaskets (I reused my old ones), I did not receive o2 sensor extensions, and they did not offer to send them to me when I called them about the CEL, and I did not receive any kind of harness (I assume you're talking about an o2 sensor harness extension?... If so, it was not needed without o2 sensor extensions, and may not even be needed with o2 sensor extensions)

Your prices are correct. If anyone does call them to order either the catted, or non catted, pin them down on what exactly you are going to receive.

I ended up just disabling the codes that set the CEL for P0420 and P0430 cat inefficiency in my tune and left it at that.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #135
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Thanks for your info Jason! I understand what you're saying... And I'm willing to put up with the occassional 'lying vendor' or miss truths if the quality of the hard part is there, the performance is there, the price is right, and it doesn't sound like shit. I've only posted a few times on this forum and one of them was about Elite's clean side separator. You spend the time to fill out all the info about your vehicle on their website and then when you get their product you have to go to NAPA and buy more stuff to make it fit your vehicle. I, personally, am ok with it because the hard part ended up being a really nice piece that functions very well. The extra money... I would've spent any way...

I'm just interested in reviews. Does it sound good? Too loud? Not loud enough? Too much drone? No drone? No power increase??? Wish you never bought it? Or, other than some vendor issues, and some extra parts, it's pretty bad ass... Knocked a tenth off the ET... Are there other people than you and the OP who've bought it, but have O2 extenders, have those people had any CEL's??? Any no cat customers with extenders with CEL issues? I mean there must be more out there.... They're still offered...

Thanks
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.

Last edited by Twin Town Terror; 06-13-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:51 AM   #136
15CamaroRS2LT

Drives: 2015 Camaro L99-1SS/RS CRM
Having just found this thread today, and having to run off to work I can't spend the time to read each and every post from years back to current, but what I'd like to know is if anybody has drag strip information on either SOLO or ARH parts on the V6?? If that information is on here, or elsewhere, it would only be valid if all mods, if any, were tested seperately and true results know with weather conditions and other factors involved.
15CamaroRS2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:03 AM   #137
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Yup. I've had the Solos on for almost 4000 miles now and no CEL, issues or problems to report. Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
Trust me these two set ups sound almost the same very little difference in overall sound ..save yourself the possible headache of a problem and get the solos you will not be sorry ...its very hard to make the v-6 sound good and solo has made the v-6 sound like a high performance sports car ....in my opinion the other types of exhaust sound more truckish...
Quote:
Keep us posted
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #138
15CamaroRS2LT

Drives: 2015 Camaro L99-1SS/RS CRM
Quote:
PM sent

2015 Crystal Red 1SS/RS..A6..11.31 @ 119.76...4065 lbs...Ebay cold air kit, Pat G tune, MT drag radials, TSP 1 7/8" headers w/cats Circle D converter sold

2010 Victory Red V6 - Auto
15CamaroRS2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #139
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
How much are these and where can I get them? Someone shoot me a link please

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #140
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Just picked these up today they ran me 350. I have the catless ones thou. Won't be able to install until next Wensday along with the solo exhaust
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote