Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
bluetooth anyone

Just wondering if anyone is really taking advantage of the bluetooth available in the car, i just paired up my phone and entered my contacts today, it works great and i'm loving it. Oh and by the way, had my car now for a week and i LOVE IT!!!!!
did i mention i love this car!!!!
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I have found bluetooth to be a really cool feature. The added bonus is bluetooth streaming of music as well. Someone calls and you just select answer. Pretty nice in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Love it! We are on our second 2010 Camaro and when we were looking for the new one the sigle feature that was mandatory was the bluetooth. She was even ok with a V6
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Love the bluetooth phone features. I also like how the bluetooth 'call' contacts can be shared with OnStar.

As mentioned by others, the bluetooth music streaming works great, too.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson71 View Post
Love it! We are on our second 2010 Camaro and when we were looking for the new one the sigle feature that was mandatory was the bluetooth. She was even ok with a V6
haha, burn.
i think a lottt of people are "ok" with V6's
just saying, not trying to turn this to V6 Vs V8

and i really like cars with bluetooth built it, my mom has it in her CX9 and i like it alot
Old 09-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
CamaroLover21

Drives: 2018 RS Summit White Camaro
Send a message via AIM to CamaroLover21
how do u get your contacts uploaded. i got the car to be synced with the phone. but unsure how to get the contacts uploaded.
CamaroLover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLover21 View Post
how do u get your contacts uploaded. i got the car to be synced with the phone. but unsure how to get the contacts uploaded.
Not a direct upload of contracts stored in your phone, but the bluetooth process for storing a phone number and then saying a person's name.

You press the phone button on the steering wheel and speak the command 'Store.' The friendly woman's voice asks you to speak the phone number, after this you speak a name or place to be associated with the phone number.

Once the phone numbers and names/places are stored, you speak the command 'Call' to call the number (e.g. "Call Joe").
Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
TexasCamaroChick09

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro
I have a question too. Maybe somebody can answer it. So I have synced my phone with my car too, but when I call like my house or somebody else from my car it comes up on the caller Id with a different number than my cell phone number. Do the cars have their own individual phone numbers? Its really weird. The other day I got an incoming call in my car and it was Verizon wireless which I do not use. I have AT&T anyways they were apparently looking for someone that had the same number as my car has? I dont know Im really confused??? Oh one more thing does your bluetooth have to be connected all the time in order for the feature to work? I usually turn it off when I'm not using it. Somebody help?
3800 = Produced:7/1/2009 VIN#2G1FB1EV5A9124828
4200 = Shipped:7/15/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer:7/29/2009
6000 = Delivered To Customer 7/29/2009

"Living the Dream"! Lovin my Maro
TexasCamaroChick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaroChick09 View Post
I have a question too. Maybe somebody can answer it. So I have synced my phone with my car too, but when I call like my house or somebody else from my car it comes up on the caller Id with a different number than my cell phone number. Do the cars have their own individual phone numbers? Its really weird. The other day I got an incoming call in my car and it was Verizon wireless which I do not use. I have AT&T anyways they were apparently looking for someone that had the same number as my car has? I dont know Im really confused??? Oh one more thing does your bluetooth have to be connected all the time in order for the feature to work? I usually turn it off when I'm not using it. Somebody help?
Hmmm...lots of questions there. Your car has it's own phone and number (your dealer probably mentioned it and you had a chance to buy extra minutes etc.) Sounds like you are using the car phone and not your cell. Use the phone button on the steering wheel to make bluetooth calls. The system will anounce the phone you are using when it dials.

You say "I usually turn it off"... are you turning bluetooth off or the phone off. Either way it won't work. Just leave the bluetooth setting on your phone to on all the time. When you get in the car you will automatically be connected and probably completely forget about it until your car starts ringing...

I love this feature and will never own another car without it...
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #10
TexasCamaroChick09

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hmmm...lots of questions there. Your car has it's own phone and number (your dealer probably mentioned it and you had a chance to buy extra minutes etc.) Sounds like you are using the car phone and not your cell. Use the phone button on the steering wheel to make bluetooth calls. The system will anounce the phone you are using when it dials.

You say "I usually turn it off"... are you turning bluetooth off or the phone off. Either way it won't work. Just leave the bluetooth setting on your phone to on all the time. When you get in the car you will automatically be connected and probably completely forget about it until your car starts ringing...

I love this feature and will never own another car without it...

Hmm.. thanks maybe I am using it the wrong way. I havent ever used the controls on the steering wheel except to end and answer that one call I got. Usually when I am making a call I use the phone button on the radio cluster. Is that the wrong way to do it? Does that cost extra? I had no idea there was two ways of using the phone in the car. The car phone and my cell phone (bluetooth) I'm going out to try the bluetooth right now. Lol..

As for staying connected I usually just turn the bluetooth off not my phone. The only time I use it is to transfer data, songs etc.. from my phone to another. I had a pretty good idea the bluetooth wouldnt work though unless you stayed connected so from now on I will leave it on. Thanks for clearing things up for me.
3800 = Produced:7/1/2009 VIN#2G1FB1EV5A9124828
4200 = Shipped:7/15/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer:7/29/2009
6000 = Delivered To Customer 7/29/2009

"Living the Dream"! Lovin my Maro
TexasCamaroChick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaroChick09 View Post
Hmm.. thanks maybe I am using it the wrong way. I havent ever used the controls on the steering wheel except to end and answer that one call I got. Usually when I am making a call I use the phone button on the radio cluster. Is that the wrong way to do it? Does that cost extra? I had no idea there was two ways of using the phone in the car. The car phone and my cell phone (bluetooth) I'm going out to try the bluetooth right now. Lol..

As for staying connected I usually just turn the bluetooth off not my phone. The only time I use it is to transfer data, songs etc.. from my phone to another. I had a pretty good idea the bluetooth wouldnt work though unless you stayed connected so from now on I will leave it on. Thanks for clearing things up for me.
I've never tried it from the radio cluster (too far to reach) You're probably eating up some car minutes that you don't have too many of. I know if you use the one by the onstar button on the rear view mirror it's car phone. No reason to turn Bluetooth off now.... It's the only way to go.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #12
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
the bluetooth phone feature is great , my iphone never leaves my pocket now and it's so much safer to drive
Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
yes I believe if you go the the radio it will try to use onstars phone , and not your cell always use the wheel just lift the reciever and "call Fritz"
Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
yes I believe if you go the the radio it will try to use onstars phone , and not your cell always use the wheel just lift the reciever and "call Fritz"
I'm didn't say that... or didn't mean to... Her car setup might be using car phone right now. I'm sure with the voice commands etc you can get the radio to use different phones just like the steering wheel.

The one on the rear view mirror will use the car phone.

You're right it is so much safer... I keep a cell plugged up in my console that never leaves the car...