Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #2661
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
That's a manual, yep. And so low under the cross member, maybe not money....

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #2662
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
That's money right there....

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I will bet you anything that is a manual tranny in that pic and it won't fit like that in your car. Also, it that the stock exhaust?

A lot of these are made to fit perfect with the stock exhaust. Making them work with an after-market exhaust is usually tricky, especially with an automatic transmission. That motor will probably not fit like that with your tranny.

But, I hope it's that simple!
I had a lengthy e-mail discussion with noweeds and he actually got a picture of a Borla exhaust and confirmed with me that the noweeds system matches the offset of the S pipe on the Borla. He said I'd just have to cut the noweeds about an inch maybe. But it would bolt straight up. And yes they say on the website that it fits perfectly with the L99 and LS3.

BUT, like I said. In the morning i'll have a box with regular cutouts. Gonna be hard to send it back. I gotta stay strong and think noweeds. lol
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #2663
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I had a lengthy e-mail discussion with noweeds and he actually got a picture of a Borla exhaust and confirmed with me that the noweeds system matches the offset of the S pipe on the Borla. He said I'd just have to cut the noweeds about an inch maybe. But it would bolt straight up. And yes they say on the website that it fits perfectly with the L99 and LS3.

BUT, like I said. In the morning i'll have a box with regular cutouts. Gonna be hard to send it back. I gotta stay strong and think noweeds. lol
Cool!

Like I said, I hope they work for you! If they do, then maybe I'll get a set for my new exhaust.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #2664
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Cool!

Like I said, I hope they work for you! If they do, then maybe I'll get a set for my new exhaust.
Well. If you know me at all, and you do, I might end up COB tomorrow with cutouts welded in.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #2665
PQ
Booooosted.

And do it like this. But if I can get busy and not have time to break free then I can have my son take them to the post office so I'm not tempted.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #2666
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

No. It's a straight bolt on. I could do it in an hour. Including the wiring.

Of course I'll mount the switch differently. I don't like there switch.

After i get the car jacked up. haha
I'll bring the stopwatch
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #2667
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Yes. If a motor goes bad I wnat to be able to just take it off, cover it with a cap and send it back and when the new one comes in I just unbolt the cap, bolt the new motor in and plug it up right there.
Randy.......they way the did mine was exactly the way you are talking about...a base was welded on and then the motor/coutout assembly bolts on to the base.

Remember at FBody I fired my motor from opening and closing so many times in a row........Well DMH sent me out a complete set of replacements FREE and all I had to do in unplug the wires, remove 4 bolts and I was good to go...took about 10 minutes....It actually took longer to jack up.

The DHM ones are around 379.00.

I do actually like the ones you should in the picture.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #2668
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:

No. It's a straight bolt on. I could do it in an hour. Including the wiring.

Of course I'll mount the switch differently. I don't like there switch.

After i get the car jacked up. haha
I think you said something like that about your supercharger install... or was it the wheels? or maybe your sons radiator... or...

Quote:
Problem is Jegs sent another kind of cutout that WILL fit. Same type and shape as the QTP you had. I wasn't able to intercept my mailed request. So tomorrow I'll have a regular set of cutouts.

Gonna be hard not to go down and install them like you guys have said. lol

Noweeds take a few weeks to ship.
so... you are sending back another kit...

Quote:
Here is the noweeds on one side. It's so freaking cool. Dumps right out the back like true open headers.

And just fits right in.

Attachment 344905
quick (mult-point) question...

is that:
an Automatic car?
a Borla exhaust?
a lowered car?
Your car?

(a "no" answer to any of those means you should go with the Jegs cutouts you've got)

Quote:

anything can be made to fit perfectly. I could fit your car on the frame of my truck perfectly with enough money and time...

question is...he said it would bolt up to a borla exhaust... and the website says it will bolt up with the L99....

did, at any point, the question come up of it would bolt up to a lowered L99 WITH a borla exhaust?

another comment as far as the website statement goes. Buddy of mine bought a Hypertech programmer for his 08 silverado because Hypertech's website said it would work. he goes to plug it in and it wouldn't read the ECM.

come to find out, it will work with SOME 08 silverados, just not his (different engine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I'll bring the stopwatch
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #2669
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I think you said something like that about your supercharger install... or was it the wheels? or maybe your sons radiator... or...
Ah, but they all got done, and better than any shop around here could do them.

Quote:
so... you are sending back another kit...
They sent out the other kit before I could tell them no. But like I said, I'll probably end up putting them on. The noweeds kit is just soooo much better.

Quote:
quick (mult-point) question...

is that:
an Automatic car?
a Borla exhaust?
a lowered car?
Your car?

(a "no" answer to any of those means you should go with the Jegs cutouts you've got)
Not really, the one in Tessas video is a lowered auto tranny car. AND the guy at noweeds sent me a picture of a borla exhaust that they put in a car and put the system on. It will fit. It's just do I want to wait and do I want to pay.

So the answers is yes to those questions if you dont' reference THAT pic.

Quote:
did, at any point, the question come up of it would bolt up to a lowered L99 WITH a borla exhaust?
Yes. I explained to him my entire set-up. He showed me a pic from one of their installs of a Borla exhaust identical to mine on the floor. Before the install.

Quote:
another comment as far as the website statement goes. Buddy of mine bought a Hypertech programmer for his 08 silverado because Hypertech's website said it would work. he goes to plug it in and it wouldn't read the ECM.

come to find out, it will work with SOME 08 silverados, just not his (different engine)
All I can do is take his word for it. But he showed me that he did his due diligence in finding the answer. If it didn't work, I could send it back. Plus, you said yourself that anything can be made to fit. IF it didn't fit perfectly, it would be really easy to take care of. You can see that it's right there. Simple s pipe. MUCH easier that welding these cut-outs in. IF the noweeds would need modifying it would cetainly be no harder than completely welding in cutouts from scratch.

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #2670
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Ah, but they all got done, and better than any shop around here could do them.

true..lol

They sent out the other kit before I could tell them no. But like I said, I'll probably end up putting them on. The noweeds kit is just soooo much better.

better how? you have no basis for comparison.

Not really, the one in Tessas video is a lowered auto tranny car. AND the guy at noweeds sent me a picture of a borla exhaust that they put in a car and put the system on. It will fit. It's just do I want to wait and do I want to pay.

So the answers is yes to those questions if you dont' reference THAT pic.

Yes. I explained to him my entire set-up. He showed me a pic from one of their installs of a Borla exhaust identical to mine on the floor. Before the install.

All I can do is take his word for it. But he showed me that he did his due diligence in finding the answer. If it didn't work, I could send it back. Plus, you said yourself that anything can be made to fit. IF it didn't fit perfectly, it would be really easy to take care of. You can see that it's right there. Simple s pipe. MUCH easier that welding these cut-outs in. IF the noweeds would need modifying it would cetainly be no harder than completely welding in cutouts from scratch.

Just put the ones you have on.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #2671
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
You have no basis for comparison.
Well, better in the design. It dumps straight out. No bend, no turn. Same as if I just cut the exhaust off at the end of the header.

I'm going down to let them look at what I have.

But I'm not letting them start to butcher my whole set. If they fit right behind the headers by welding in the one spot then that's certainly what I'll do.

If they have to move them around, back further in the system or cut in multiple areas of the exhaust. I'll wait to see if noweeds will fit.

If the noweeds doesn't fit I'll THEN let them hack away at the exhaust OR drop the idea all together. Lot's of work for noise and 10 hp. LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #2672
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Well, better in the design. It dumps straight out. No bend, no turn. Same as if I just cut the exhaust off at the end of the header.

I'm going down to let them look at what I have.

But I'm not letting them start to butcher my whole set. If they fit right behind the headers by welding in the one spot then that's certainly what I'll do.

If they have to move them around, back further in the system or cut in multiple areas of the exhaust. I'll wait to see if noweeds will fit.

If the noweeds doesn't fit I'll THEN let them hack away at the exhaust OR drop the idea all together. Lot's of work for noise and 10 hp. LOL

except for the exhaust gas that still routes to the normal exhaust tube then has to stop and turn around before exiting the system. to me, a branch off (regular cutout), while not forcing every bit of exhaust out of only one port, offers the least resistance for the exhaust stream. yes, some exhaust still goes thru the normal path, but it isnt being pulled in then forced to turn around and exit.

But what do I know...
Attached Images

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #2673
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
except for the exhaust gas that still routes to the normal exhaust tube then has to stop and turn around before exiting the system. to me, a branch off (regular cutout), while not forcing every bit of exhaust out of only one port, offers the least resistance for the exhaust stream. yes, some exhaust still goes thru the normal path, but it isnt being pulled in then forced to turn around and exit.

But what do I know...
I've worried about that same principle when the cutouts are NOT open in the other type. Having to stop and turn around going down further into a Y diverter.

BUT, again. I'm going to try and get these to work first. If they fit then bonus. If not then I wait for noweeds.

I just don't want to force it if I dont' have to.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #2674
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
I've worried about that same principle when the cutouts are NOT open in the other type. Having to stop and turn around going down further into a Y diverter.

BUT, again. I'm going to try and get these to work first. If they fit then bonus. If not then I wait for noweeds.

WGAS what the exhaust is doing when the cutout is closed? seriously?

Quit trying to argue with me. I know you like setting the standard on what "Not to do" with your car, but for something this simple...

Just be careful with the sawzall... you think the spinning wheel hurt... lol

Quote:
I just don't want to force it if I dont' have to.
thats what she said

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle