Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Replace flywheel with clutch???

I am looking at replacing the clutch to strengthen the drivetrain for a future 175 shot. I am looking at Spec clutches on Phastek Performance, and am wondering if I should or should not replace the flywheel. Are there pros and cons to eliminating or adding rotating mass? Any info would be helpful. Thank you!
AAC Amber Halo's///LSR Short Throw Shifter///BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars///BMR Lowering Springs///Airaid CAI///BBK Headers & Mid-Pipes///Borla Exhaust///Martin Smallwood Custom Cam w/ Support Mods///Tick Performance Dyno Tune///Port&Polished LS3 Heads///Elite Engineering Catch Can///Gen5DIY Separate Clutch Reservoir///Harwood 5" Cowl Induction Hood
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Call spec... they will help you. I just replaced mine. Spec stage 2 and billet steel flywheel. It's awesome!
Old 10-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
Cornflakes'Camaro

I've been communicating with David from spec. I just want to get some non biased opinions so I can make sure that spec is not trying to sell me something that I really don't need for my application.
AAC Amber Halo's///LSR Short Throw Shifter///BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars///BMR Lowering Springs///Airaid CAI///BBK Headers & Mid-Pipes///Borla Exhaust///Martin Smallwood Custom Cam w/ Support Mods///Tick Performance Dyno Tune///Port&Polished LS3 Heads///Elite Engineering Catch Can///Gen5DIY Separate Clutch Reservoir///Harwood 5" Cowl Induction Hood
Old 10-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
Cornflakes'Camaro

Also does anybody know the weight of the steel Billet flywheel, the aluminum Billet flywheel, and the soft LS3 flywheel?
Old 10-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes'Camaro View Post
Also does anybody know the weight of the steel Billet flywheel, the aluminum Billet flywheel, and the soft LS3 flywheel?
I think the steel Spec was like 30 lbs and the aluminum was 16... They said the camaro is heavy and recommended I get the steel one... that's what I did. I absolutely love it and would not change a thing. The spec steel is way lighter that the stock one... but I did not weigh it... just could tell a big difference when removing and installing...
Old 10-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #6
jrhagen

Drives: Camaro
You have it all apart, change the flywheel.