Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #15
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
My main concern would be the car cleaning part.
There are some that would accidently drop it on
concrete (while washing) and just keep on washing
now you got scratches all over....I have seen this happen
at a car wash,...were they might have 10+ people washing
1 car
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #16
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
I bought a new vette not long ago and the dealer had to buy it from another dealer to get the options I wanted. The deal was very tight so they wouldn't flatbed it up and the car already had a hundred test miles on it that they didn't tell me about. It ended up having three hundred miles on it when I took delivery, two small scratches on the left front fender and a rather large one on the driverside doorsill. I wasn't very happy about it and I let the sales manager know it. What really burned my britch's was how all the people in the sales office acted surprised I was upset! To make a long story short I talked to my lawyer and he said I could easily force them to unwind the deal if I wanted, but instead I got a few other concessions including an extended warranty in case something goes wrong in the longterm. They offered to have the scratched areas repainted but I turned them down (didn't want non-factory paint or repairs showing up on carfax, plus its really my wifes car and she loves it as is.) as they are very difficult to see and I will probably add more in the future as I intend to drive this car and enjoy it. Rest assured though, they know I mean business about my Camaro and have already been promised it will not be driven by anyone at the dealer without my knowledge and permission. If I were you, I would go into the Sales office several weeks before your Camaro shows up and just freak out on everyone (not like waving gun freak out,) including the manager just so they know you mean business, I intend to just as a reminder!

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #17
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
I bought a new vette not long ago and the dealer had to buy it from another dealer to get the options I wanted. The deal was very tight ........
I wasn't very happy about it and I let the sales manager know it. .....I got a few other concessions including an extended warranty in case something goes wrong in the longterm. They offered to have the scratched areas repainted ......its really my wifes car and she loves it as is.) as they are very difficult to see and I will probably add more in the future as I intend to drive this car and enjoy it. ....... If I were you, I would go into the Sales office several weeks before your Camaro shows up and just freak out on everyone .......... I intend to just as a reminder!
Let me get this right, to get a very lean deal and earn your business they had to pay a couple of drivers' to fetch an unseen car over 100 miles away. They offered to fix scratches that the driver was ok with and gave you more finacial consideration. Are you sure that a loud, angry display in the sales area
BEFORE your new baby comes in is the best way to ensure first class treatment by the ba$ta*rds who went out of their ways to ruin your first buying experience?
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have already requested no front bracket to be installed, but I will probably ask for the no detailing and no stickers as well. I trust my dealer to not do donuts with my car when it gets off the trailer, and hey it is just the V6 so maybe he will not really want to hehe.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #19
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I'll just show up before I go to work one day all dressed in my police uniform and politely tell my dealer not to abuse my Camaro in any way like front bracket or stickers...lol
Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #20
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: Demon Super Sport
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It is their job to do what you ask. Get their acceptance of this list in writing.
SUBJ: Operation Demon//
REF: Buy at Invoice, Forum Rules
1. RESPECT ALL CARS. LOVE YOUR OWN.//BT
warn 145:154 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #21
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
I have already requested no front bracket to be installed, but I will probably ask for the no detailing and no stickers as well. I trust my dealer to not do donuts with my car when it gets off the trailer, and hey it is just the V6 so maybe he will not really want to hehe.
How would you know if the guy who loads the car on the trailer did a couple quick donuts before he loaded it???
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #22
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Let me get this right, to get a very lean deal and earn your business they had to pay a couple of drivers' to fetch an unseen car over 100 miles away. They offered to fix scratches that the driver was ok with and gave you more finacial consideration. Are you sure that a loud, angry display in the sales area
BEFORE your new baby comes in is the best way to ensure first class treatment by the ba$ta*rds who went out of their ways to ruin your first buying experience?
Sorry for the late response, I lost track of this thread. The sales manager was brother in law of the other dealers salesman and they knew the car had over 100 miles on the odo and scratchs that they didn't disclose to me.They told me car would have about 180 miles on it from trip up plus or minus 18 normal new car miles after delivery. The car had over 300 miles on it when I took delivery. They said they were parade miles, not test drive or an unwind deal miles. Thats a long parade route. So my problem was with the failure to disclose this info. Also, I have bought and sold many used corvettes, "this was my first new one" and you may not be familar with services like Carfax, but they trace repairs and services done on cars. If I would have had this repaired it would have shown up on such a report and had a negative impact on potential future resale of this car. I would never mislead someone on the condition but felt it would be easier to explain the scratchs than a trip to the bodyshop. In summary, I felt they were selling me a used car at a new car price. I would have been upset if this was a ten dollar Toaster, the fact that it was a nearly fifty thousand dollar car.? Yea, I was real loud and angry. If this wouldn't have been a problem for you and your interested in buying my vette at some point in the future, I hope you will make a point of keeping in touch with me!

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC

Last edited by dbotsfordtat; 01-11-2009 at 08:00 PM.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS
the 2007 Jeep Wrangler i am driving now was inside the showroom when i first saw it and signed the paperwork. It had 0 miles on it. The salesman said he watched it turn to 1 mile when he went across the street to put gas in. I picked it up from the detail bay around back and when i drive off it was still at 1 mile. I guess they backed it off the transport truck and right into the showroom in reverse. was the least miles ive seen on any vehicle. Hope the camaro is the same since. haha.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #24
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I think those requests are reasonable and I plan to do the same. In fact I will request that I accept delivery of the car with the plastic still on it if possible.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote