Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
Rear tow hook through reverse light

Hi all, I saw that one of the Sema cars ran their rear tow hook through one of the reverse lights. I like this much more than cutting the bumper up.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not this is doable with a non-modified tow hook/crash support?

Best regards,
Matthew Steinhauser
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
If you are referring to the white DSE car, they are running a tubular rear crash support
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
If you are referring to the white DSE car, they are running a tubular rear crash support
I doubt it was the DSE car, because they would just cut through the bumper for one...that Camaro is all about performance, not being pretty...
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I doubt it was the DSE car, because they would just cut through the bumper for one...that Camaro is all about performance, not being pretty...
Have you seen some of their other cars? The guys at detroit speed are some of the most creative in the industry. I love following their builds because of their creativity.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
snickerdoodle

Quote:
I don't care about looks, I just dont trust myself to get a perfect cut if I mount the traditional way
Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
snickerdoodle

Justin they have built some nasty cars!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
what kind of wing in on that?

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
Have you seen some of their other cars? The guys at detroit speed are some of the most creative in the industry. I love following their builds because of their creativity.

Yes Justin, I have raced against them all year at events and they have many very nice cars...they cut a hole in the front for the tow hook, gutted the interior for a roll cage, that car is pretty much function before pretty. I do see that they put it through the reverse light, so they did do that one nicer than the front.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Moreno1

Quote:
Yes Justin, I have raced against them all year at events and they have many very nice cars...they cut a hole in the front for the tow hook, gutted the interior for a roll cage, that car is pretty much function before pretty. I do see that they put it through the reverse light, so they did do that one nicer than the front.
Sometime pretty comes with function as i'm sure you've noticed with this car. It is absolutely bad ass. The DSE car is probably my favorite gen 5 thus far. It is just raw.

And IMO, how they did the front hook is even cooler than the rear. No bumper cutting... they did a very good, clean job with the entire car.

Yes, it's gutted, but DSE went far beyond just stripping it. The dash, center console, dry sump box, roll cage, rear seat delete, door panels, its all art!

for taking this a little

Last edited by Moreno1; 11-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Personally I am more a fan of the L/28 that beat the DSE Camaro in all the segments at Optima this year....
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Interesting to see Ridetech on the side of the L28. Are they not using Pedders anymore?

Danny, how did you quest go this year?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
Moreno1

Quote:
Personally I am more a fan of the L/28 that beat the DSE Camaro in all the segments at Optima this year....
yes, the L/28 beat the DSE Camaro...... allllll by itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Interesting to see Ridetech on the side of the L28. Are they not using Pedders anymore?

T.
The ridetech logo is there because they were an event sponsor. Popp is still rockin' the red.

Last edited by Moreno1; 11-12-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Ahhhh, thank you J.

He, he, that also explains your other post quite well.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #14
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
T, Quest was fun, but didn't get in...next year there are a bunch of events going on, so should be fun...I'm not sure how far I will be able to travel next year for events...but might see you out there again....

Ride Tech and Lingenfelter were sharing transportation expenses, so they were running each others logo's...