Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #57
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
I WANT ONE!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #58
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Well Blessed one, we are trying to make it happen but the fight is a hard one. An proving to be a long one too.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #59
AGK925

Drives: G8
Ok sorry to dig up an older post but I have been thinking about a roots/ twinscrew type supercharger for the LY7/LLT for the camaro/G8/commodore. Admittedly I am not the biggest car buff and there is still a lot I have to learn about engines so forgive any incorrect terminology. I think there are a few things that might prevent us from ever getting a roots/twinscrew supercharger. The first is our engines have a 60 degree setup and the V8's, if I am remembering correctly, have a 90 degree cylinder bank setup. This smaller angle leaves less room for the roots/ twinscrew to sit between the heads. Looking at the magnachargers for the G8/cammaro it seems like they occupy that entire area between the cylinder heads. So would it be possible for a supercharger to fit between our cylinder heads? I know the old l67 3.8L Series II supercharged engine had a 90 degree cylinder bank also. Also the engine is very tall so if we were able to somehow raise the supercharger up so it would clear the heads will there be enough room for it to clear the hood? Just some questions I had about the feasibility of a roots/ twinscrew supercharger setup.

below are images showing the narrow area between cylinder heads.

http://60degree*******/forum/gallery/...php?i=335&c=20

http://60degree*******/forum/gallery/...php?i=336&c=20

Last edited by AGK925; 10-18-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: links for pics
AGK925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #60
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGK925 View Post
Ok sorry to dig up an older post but I have been thinking about a roots/ twinscrew type supercharger for the LY7/LLT for the camaro/G8/commodore. Admittedly I am not the biggest car buff and there is still a lot I have to learn about engines so forgive any incorrect terminology. I think there are a few things that might prevent us from ever getting a roots/twinscrew supercharger. The first is our engines have a 60 degree setup and the V8's, if I am remembering correctly, have a 90 degree cylinder bank setup. This smaller angle leaves less room for the roots/ twinscrew to sit between the heads. Looking at the magnachargers for the G8/cammaro it seems like they occupy that entire area between the cylinder heads. So would it be possible for a supercharger to fit between our cylinder heads? I know the old l67 3.8L Series II supercharged engine had a 90 degree cylinder bank also. Also the engine is very tall so if we were able to somehow raise the supercharger up so it would clear the heads will there be enough room for it to clear the hood? Just some questions I had about the feasibility of a roots/ twinscrew supercharger setup.

Have some Mustang friends that are running Eaton Mp90's on their 60 degree 4.0L V6s...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #61
jkelly
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2lt summit white dk gray int
Has anyone looked into the Australian Holden aftermarket, their 3.6L is pretty much the same engine. They have several S/C kit options with impressive numbers?
2010 summit white 2Lt cgm rally stripes,hot pink pin stripes,doug thorley shorties,pink bowties,led side markers,sequetial led tail lights,NLP spoiler,magnaflow axel back exhaust, AIRAID CAI(soon to be Vararam)
jkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #62
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGK925 View Post

Don't apologize for bringing up this thread. This is an important topic. The V6 community has been asking for forced induction for a very long time with limited results.

I'll let people with more experience follow up your concerns about the shape of the engine and how a supercharger might fit.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #63
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly View Post
Has anyone looked into the Australian Holden aftermarket, their 3.6L is pretty much the same engine. They have several S/C kit options with impressive numbers?
The LYT right? It's really not. It doesn't have direct injection, which is a completely different animal. I think the problem is that since the DI is under so much more fuel pressure, that adding anything more than about 6PSI starts leading to problems with boost. At least that's what I've gathered trolling around the FI forums lately. And I'm not sure if they have the same computer either, which has proven too formidable for every tuner so far, save Trifecta.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #64
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would definitely be interested in a SC
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #65
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly View Post
You can check out the other thread that I talk about it with the CAPA supercharger
Old 10-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #66
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
The LYT right? It's really not. It doesn't have direct injection, which is a completely different animal. I think the problem is that since the DI is under so much more fuel pressure, that adding anything more than about 6PSI starts leading to problems with boost. At least that's what I've gathered trolling around the FI forums lately. And I'm not sure if they have the same computer either, which has proven too formidable for every tuner so far, save Trifecta.
LY7
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #67
Leavitt71

Drives: 10 1LT/RS GAZ W/IOM STRIPES
Root system would rock the v6 world, and almost 50% of gen5 owners drive a v6. A proven system would fly of the shelf. I'm in.
Leavitt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 AM   #68
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
I want one!
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote