Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Delivery Day ... how long did it take?

For those that have your cars now. How long did it take from the time you showed up at the dealer and left with your car? Just curious to know how long the part of the process takes.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
A.J.

Drives: 2014 Impala
Dealer called me as they were unloading my car shortly before 4 PM. I was there by 4:30 PM and on the road home by 6 PM. Note that I only had them do the bare minimum dealer prep so that sped things up quite a bit.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

^ Sweet. Thanx for the info.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
BanditSRT

Drives: 1999 Corvette
I visited Rosner Chevrolet at lunch and they said they had two Camaros coming it by the end of the week. I'm guessing one of them is yours?
BanditSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
SDF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine has been bayed since 4/02 (2G1FT1EWXA9102278) and still no word. The dealership has been harassing GM but they wont tell them anything.
SDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT View Post
I visited Rosner Chevrolet at lunch and they said they had two Camaros coming it by the end of the week. I'm guessing one of them is yours?
Wow. I know the #1 is on it's way. I'm #2, so we'll see. It's not on a train yet from what I saw on the spreadsheet. That would be awesome though. Thanx for the info. Who did you talk to at Rosner?

Quote:
Old 05-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
For those that have your cars now. How long did it take from the time you showed up at the dealer and left with your car? Just curious to know how long the part of the process takes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDF View Post
Mine has been bayed since 4/02 (2G1FT1EWXA9102278) and still no word. The dealership has been harassing GM but they wont tell them anything.

Um I dont think thats what his question was.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Um I dont think thats what his question was.....
There is always at least one in every thread

Quote:
Old 05-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
I don't know but I can't wait to find out!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
I don't know but I can't wait to find out!
Well, you can come help me pick up mine if you want

Quote:
Old 05-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
BanditSRT

Drives: 1999 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Wow. I know the #1 is on it's way. I'm #2, so we'll see. It's not on a train yet from what I saw on the spreadsheet. That would be awesome though. Thanx for the info. Who did you talk to at Rosner?
Shoot, I don't remember his name. He had a goatee and glasses. Actually, he said #1 was already in and out last Friday so yours must not be too far!
BanditSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'll have a check to hand them so it should speed up the process a bit. I had 10k to start but only 7 now (bought a TV for the bedroom ) Then a check from the bank so I'll have to finance about 35k. Unless it still takes another month or 2 then I can get another 2 or 4k.

So is the time at the dealer pretty much taken up in financing or is it just paperwork for tax tag etc?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT View Post
Shoot, I don't remember his name. He had a goatee and glasses. Actually, he said #1 was already in and out last Friday so yours must not be too far!
Yeah ... they got their dealer car last week. AudreysCamaro is getting the #1 ordered car. He said it would be in this week. Mike Melendez is the only one I ever talk to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I'll have a check to hand them so it should speed up the process a bit. I had 10k to start but only 7 now (bought a TV for the bedroom ) Then a check from the bank so I'll have to finance about 35k. Unless it still takes another month or 2 then I can get another 2 or 4k.

So is the time at the dealer pretty much taken up in financing or is it just paperwork for tax tag etc?
I hope you're right. I have the same. I'm sure I'll be excited that time will fly, but I hate doing paperwork ... yeah I know... ................................................

Quote:
Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
So where would you like to have a beer, you will have yours long before me.