Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #29
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I've got to agree with Dragoneye. At first when read there was only going to be one v-8 I got a little ticked after all the build up from all the boards here an other sites. Then I got to thinking, there nothing set in stone that this is gonna be the only v-8, I thinking Base v-8 with more to follow shortly. Now if the Base is going to be the L76, from what I've read on it, I could be happy with it. 367hp at 87 octaine isn't to shabby (besides, it's over 130 horses more then my 4.7 v-8 in my Dakota)and if you read up on it if you use higher grade gas it'll get a boost of 20+ horses that's close to 400.
But then again the cars still two years away and a lot can change between now and then, maybe the LS3 will be the base(Fingers crossed).
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
... maybe the LS3 will be the base(Fingers crossed).
:eek: *looks around for any black suburbans* :eek:

Honestly, but don't quote me on this, I really, REALLY believe that the LS3 will be the base, and "high-end"(possibly superchraged) V8 for the Camaro, I mean, how can you follow an LT1, and then LS1 car, without an LS-series engine? You can...but you shouldn't. . And from what TAG said, it's supposed to be relatively cheap...about half the price of an LS7. So, I really think the LS3 will be in the base V8 Camaro. There's no solid evidence against it being used, anyway.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #31
izwar

Drives: Silver
if it doesnt break 400 HP i will be dissapointed.
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:18 AM   #32
mitchellcrumbles@hotmail.
Darkknight23

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette
I hope this info is correct. I am currently overseas and I would love to be able to get my hands on the Camaro in Aug.2008
mitchellcrumbles@hotmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #33
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Hey, you be careful now, I hear them there black suburbans are scarry things You've got a very good point, they'd almost have to go with the (whispering) LS3. I just hope that from what I've been reading here that the prices are going to stay affordable. I'm looking at (fingers crossed) between 28k to 31k for my Camaro. If it's less great, if more I'll have to see what options I could live without, though my option list isn't that big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
:eek: *looks around for any black suburbans* :eek:

Honestly, but don't quote me on this, I really, REALLY believe that the LS3 will be the base, and "high-end"(possibly superchraged) V8 for the Camaro, I mean, how can you follow an LT1, and then LS1 car, without an LS-series engine? You can...but you shouldn't. . And from what TAG said, it's supposed to be relatively cheap...about half the price of an LS7. So, I really think the LS3 will be in the base V8 Camaro. There's no solid evidence against it being used, anyway.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #34
LDiablo
Z27 Enthusiast

Drives: 2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
I agree with the comment about the first 30 - at least some of those seem destined for the press fleet to go out and continue building hype. A friend of mine was an auto reviewer and I remember cruising in both a Prowler and a Signature Series SST (we took it to see Dio, Motorhead and Iron Maiden ) before either one hit the dealerships. Talk about headturners. We couldn't go two blocks without someone asking what they were, how much they cost and if we'd smoke the tires for them (poor Prowler couldn't - Plymouth!).

Same kind of thing likely to happen with our beloved Camaros.
LDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #35
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I heard the plan is, is to match the Mustang model for model within a couple of hundred dollars. Could be wrong though?
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #36
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerScotsman View Post
I heard the plan is, is to match the Mustang model for model within a couple of hundred dollars. Could be wrong though?
I also heard that. It makes the most sense.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #37
Mr. Wyndham

Yeah, GM'd be (not whispering) Stupid if they didn't price it competitively with the Stang. More bang for a couple hundred more bucks? hell Yeah!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #38
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
They probably won't release the top dog version until later, after launch. And those 30 cars, if that is correct, probably will be for the press. I doubt that 30 customers would be able to get one 2 months before launch
Usually the first 30 to 40 (sometimes more) vehicles of a new production model are used for various road/crash test to make sure that everything is the way GM wants it fit finish, options, noise, water leak tests, etc. and most of those vehicles never see a consumers garage.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 AM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
Usually the first 30 to 40 (sometimes more) vehicles of a new production model are used for various road/crash test to make sure that everything is the way GM wants it fit finish, options, noise, water leak tests, etc. and most of those vehicles never see a consumers garage.
Some crash test veh's I can absolutely agree with. I didn't even think of that. They have to pass crash test standards from front, side, rear, and different angled impacts. That could be more than a few cars. Still, it couldn't be all of them, no? And the others would be press...maybe...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #40
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Some crash test veh's I can absolutely agree with. I didn't even think of that. They have to pass crash test standards from front, side, rear, and different angled impacts. That could be more than a few cars. Still, it couldn't be all of them, no? And the others would be press...maybe...

I would rather not think about them crashing Camaros already...
Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #41
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I would rather not think about them crashing Camaros already...
Some sacrifices must be made for the greater good. Think of them as the martyrs that make the rest of the Camaro's posssible...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep...a little off topic, but there was a certain Porsche (newer model a year old or so) that can not be sold in the USA because Porsche refused to send the beauty to it's crash test fate. They gotta do it...it's sad...but at least we all KNOW we will be safe if involved in a collission.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote