Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #29
thedelrizz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I used to have an 89 IROC convertible... it was my first car and had some great times in that thing. Ended up having to part with it, saw one similar today when driving around, didnt really miss it. I have had a couple cars and trucks, but the one i miss from time to time is my old Ford Ranger oddly enough....
thedelrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #30
Issh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Summit White
In 2011 I traded my 2010 Camaro SS for a 2011 Mustang GT convertible. I regretted the trade within a week.

2 weeks ago I bought an identical 2010 Camaro SS with less miles than mine had! I will hold onto this car for life.
Issh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #31
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
I love my Camaro, use her as a daily driver and the ride is amazing. 60 miles round trip to work daily though :/ not the best on gas, but I surely didn't get a camaro to get good gas mileage.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #32
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issh View Post
In 2011 I traded my 2010 Camaro SS for a 2011 Mustang GT convertible. I regretted the trade within a week.

2 weeks ago I bought an identical 2010 Camaro SS with less miles than mine had! I will hold onto this car for life.
What specifically made you regret the trade into a Mustang? I'm honestly curious.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #33
FTWTX

Drives: 2012 SS 45th Anniversary Edition
I traded my 2008 Infiniti G35 that I purchased new in on my 2012 SS. It was my first really nice car that I’ve ever owned to that point; I had SUVs and sedans before that. That G35 was fast and handled like a cat on a carpet. The SS sat in the garage for two days as I mourned my G35 thinking ‘what the hell did I do?’ I just sucked it up and started driving the SS and haven’t looked back. I LOVE my SS, I still think about the G35 from time-to-time, it was a great car, but I realize now that I’m more of a Camaro guy that an Infiniti guy.
FTWTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #34
Dr40oz

Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Hmmm... I'm doing quite the opposite. Trading in my Camaro for a '14 Rubicon X. Should be here in 4-7 weeks so my Camaro clock is counting down.
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #35
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
I miss my SS :(
Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #36
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr40oz View Post
Hmmm... I'm doing quite the opposite. Trading in my Camaro for a '14 Rubicon X. Should be here in 4-7 weeks so my Camaro clock is counting down.
You're going to hate the pentastar. I couldn't stand it... makes cow noises
Old 04-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #37
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
After having a Camaro for the last 4 years I can't imagine not having one. Also I am enjoying this Convertible so much now that I hope never to sell it.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #38
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWTX View Post
I traded my 2008 Infiniti G35 that I purchased new in on my 2012 SS. It was my first really nice car that I’ve ever owned to that point; I had SUVs and sedans before that. That G35 was fast and handled like a cat on a carpet. The SS sat in the garage for two days as I mourned my G35 thinking ‘what the hell did I do?’ I just sucked it up and started driving the SS and haven’t looked back. I LOVE my SS, I still think about the G35 from time-to-time, it was a great car, but I realize now that I’m more of a Camaro guy that an Infiniti guy.
I am in the same boat as above.

Loved my 2004 Infiniti G35X so very much, but when the redesign came out, I was blown away by the looks and the upgrades. Bought a new one in 2008, simply the best all around car I have ever had. A very professional car. Mature car.

She is getting traded in for my ordered SS when the time comes (not too long I hope) and while I will miss the car, I have always been in love with the Camaro. There were no pictures of Nissans (Infiniti family) or AWD Japanese smooth drivers on my walls as a teen/young adult. No offense to them at all, I just said how much I love the G35X.

But I have wanted a car like the Gen5 Camaro for a long time, and I finally figured out, why wait? What's the wait for? What am I waiting for? Nothing.

Just my 20 minute test drive made me sure this is the car for me. Man my heart was racing. Feeling the history of the line, seeing the VAST improvements Chevy/GM has made to the interiors (had a 2001 Pontiac Daytona Pace Car and it was so low quality and poor craftsmanship I shudder to remember it), the ride quality, and the mean sounding NPP exhaust....

....I gotta stop, going to be a while until my car shows up!

I have bought 3 brand new cars in a row. Never was my hand shaking with excitement on deposit/pickup. About two weeks ago it was tough to sign the papers and check, and impossible to get the grin off my face.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #39
Issh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
What specifically made you regret the trade into a Mustang? I'm honestly curious.
Nothing about the Mustang itself. Awesome car. I would have both if I could swing it. I've owned 3 Mustangs and when the 5.0 came out I had to have it. But it's not always greener on the other side of the fence so when I saw this Camaro, identical to my original I jumped at it.

I love the Camaro. I love everything about it.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #40
alexbarabas

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issh View Post
Nothing about the Mustang itself. Awesome car. I would have both if I could swing it. I've owned 3 Mustangs and when the 5.0 came out I had to have it. But it's not always greener on the other side of the fence so when I saw this Camaro, identical to my original I jumped at it.

I love the Camaro. I love everything about it.

My original was red with black stripes.

Potential is white w/ blue stripes. Biggest thing I'm disappointed in is no T tops - agh. The funds cleared on the Jeep I sold but I can only get them once I turn in my car/keys/title.

Original - it had everything that could be upgraded on the suspension including a G-load brace that scraped a manhole cover on senior homecoming night lol. Plus adjustable borla catback that I threw away the bypass plate for

I've got some extra money saved up for a full exhaust with some nice LT's and CAI/throttle. However... I will make an offer on a 2006 C6 1LT this weekend as well. I've wanted a vette for 14 years and I always ended up getting something else - camaro, cobra, mustang gt, GTO, GTI... wrangler on a whim.
alexbarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 AM   #41
ex-SS-ve

Buy it, drive it and enjoy. Its obscene how cheap the c6 has become . Freind of mine bought a 2006 z06 for 39500$ from a private seller about 10 months ago. Only had 5500 miles on it..
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #42
Issh

I've always wanted a Corvette. I could buy one now if I wanted, but I like my Camaro more. Maybe in a couple years I'll add the Vette.