Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 05-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #15
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
I keep getting emails from the corvette museum reminding me to register.

Do you know what course they will be running those 4 days?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #16
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i think its the full with the chicane. ill find out for sure. i looked on the site and it doesnt say at all. lol.
they are having tha 20th anniversary event in august and have announced that they will be using the full and the west at times for different stuff. we always run the full at VIR and everyone wants to run the full so im assuming full. the reason im assuming with chicane is because we run the chicanes at tracks that might cause people to go off in high speed areas.
i will find out for sure but id say you would be getting your chicane. im going for a track ride in a pickup truck after we get back from mid ohio. loading up today. we will be at the hampton.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist...ortspark.shtml
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #17
JOHNSONROD

it looks like there are still spots available for all four days. they are running the grand max course.
the website actually has some decent info on it now to check out. i have a couple of videos of an on track ride that Damian did recently. its a group of tahoes riding at like 30 MPH but you can see the track. i cant get the link here at work because of their firewall settings.
check out the MSP site though!!!!!!!

http://www.motorsportspark.org/

http://www.motorsportspark.org/event/ncm-hpde/
Old 07-31-2014, 07:57 AM   #18
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
How are the repairs to the museum and the cars that fell into the canyon coming along?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
JOHNSONROD

i believe they have gotten all they are going to be able to get out of the hole. the last one they pulled out looked like it had spent two tours in iraq as a tank training tool. i think they are talking about leaving it open because of the tourism it generates. not sure on all that. that was the last i heard. i think they have updates on the museum site.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #20
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
What's up with the Wall exiting the pit lane??? makes no sense...OH God, it's the entrance!
I guess they are running the course Clockwise!! Why? (can someone confirm before to start to fume)
Imaging coming half a mile down the straight-line at full throttle into a Right hander! that's is
And like this is not already dangerous enough, let's also bring in the car out of pitlane too into the mix too..great!!
One thing is for sure, it's going to be great entertainment at the start of a race!
A big Demolition derby! kooolll

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.

Last edited by Mikamaro; 07-31-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #21
JOHNSONROD

i cant think of very many tracks that run left. laguna seca, that dangerous jefferson course at summit is sometimes ran counter-clockwise, the pocono infield is ran both directions. most every big road course runs clockwise.
i did ask about that pit exit but its the same as a lot of tracks only it comes from the outside of the track instead of the infield. VIR is almost exactly this way only you enter from the inside of the track.
its paved now and ive got a couple of video links ill put up tonight if i dont forget again.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #22
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

I meant right-hander...(made the correction)

Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #23
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I'm sure several of us East Tn's will participate.....What's the cost for a day?
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #24
JOHNSONROD

here is the slow track ride videos. we are supposed to get a day to run a few laps there before the first event.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #25
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Looks like it is going to be a very fast track
Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #26
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Thanks for the video.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #27
JOHNSONROD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
I'm sure several of us East Tn's will participate.....What's the cost for a day?

its a little higher than the average short track but about on par with big tracks like sebring and daytona. they cost more to rent so they have to charge more for an entrant.
i think its high 400s for a member of NCM and like low 500s if your not. that is for two days of running with corvette. its a high profile event with GM engineers in the classroom, paddock and on track. they usually have parts and tools to help out anyone who breaks anything. its totally different than a small club event. they have vendors with brake parts and such for sale. there are usually multiple pro race teams there with double stack tractor trailers. those boys from LG motorsports that were on an episode of Fast and Loud have been to these events before. i have a good story about them but i wont bore yall with it here.
they also have celebrity drivers like andy pilgrim, john heinricy, jim painter, and on and on. they make cameos in classrooms and give rides to anyone who wants to see if their car needs more HP to get around the track. (spoiler alert, it doesnt)
Old 08-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #28
JOHNSONROD

here is a video of andy pilgrim taking my green student for a fast ride at sebring. im at work so let me know if this link doesnt work.

https://vimeo.com/92736878
Attached Images