Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
kidney stones

boy, had me a run in with the painfull kidney stones.

An this to shall pass, is all i can remember, and it did.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Oh yeah..I make them…had one pulled out, the nurses told my wife it was the worst thing they ever seen..
drink lots of water, get your pee as clear as you can.

getting them blasted is a real treat too…I pee'd meat for a week.
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
What he said....

Good thing is you passed it and didn't have to go to the Urologist to have it broken up and the stint put in and removed and all that fun stuff.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Damn that sucks!!!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #5
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Man did I open the wrong thread. I dread the thought of getting them, and shingles. Glad you made it through.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #6
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Well what unpleasant timing for me and bad memories...so i got violated today, yes that means a finger up the ol poop shootSo back to the reason i opened this thread...Kidney stones without a doubt the most painful thing i have ever experienced. 3 Years ago i ended up calling 911 as im alone and had to be taken to the hospital not knowing what was wrong. Long story short i had a 9mm stone up there which required surgery, so now i have to go to the urologist yearly to check on those bastards. I still have 2 up there passed 1 last year.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
When a female nurse tells you it's worse than child birth, you know it ain't gonna be fun.
She was right......
Old 02-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Drink more water
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #9
69supersport396
Rick

Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
I've had them as large as 11mm and 9mm. The 11 mm stone required surgery and a stint. They blasted the 9mm stone but I landed in the hospital for two days with severe pain while passing the remnants.

There is a test your urologist can order where you pee in a container for a 24 hour period, then the container is shipped off for testing. Found out my body makes too much calcium and a plan was designed around reducing calcium production.

Three years ago, I was stone free, but since then 1 was found in each kidney last year and two were found in my right kidney and zero in the left one this year. They are very small and would pass without much discomfort. I seem to remember passing one this past summer, and it wasn't very painful.

I drink four 8 ounce glasses of water along with two liters of water during work almost every day. Along with meds, this has helped tremendously.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
I use to get them real bad too. Drink lots of water every day and stay hydrated. If you still get them, drink a 8 oz glass everyday of either lemonade or cranberry juice. This will dissolve the stones completely or at least make them small enough to pass without issues. Apple juice works too but it's not as strong so it will take longer. This is what I do and I've been stone free for almost 3 years now.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
My buddy called me up in the middle of the night... he needed a ride to the hospital.

What finally came out was the size of a fat lima bean, only with sharp edges and pointy jags all over it. The doctor let him keep it: He named it Mick Jagger.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #12
Speed Kills
Live to Drive

Drives: 2010 IBM RS/SS, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
I've had three in the last 15 years. Here is a natural remedy I found that actually works. Once a year I take a week and do the following. In the morning when I get up and right before bed I drink 3oz of Olive Oil mixed with 3oz of lemon juice (fresh or concentrated). I also add some black pepper for a better taste. This mixture is followed by an 8oz glass of water. Over the course of the week, if you have stones, you will notice sediment in the bottom of the bowl (think sand). After a week your urine should be clear, and whatever stones that may have been in your kidneys should have dissolved. The Olive oil is a lubricant and the lemon juice dissolves the stones. Repeat as necessary. Haven't had one since. I also drink 10 glasses of water (minimum) daily. Hope this helps a few folks.
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #13
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
First thread that ever gave me the willies... I pray they stay away.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #14
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I had 10 on one side and 12 on the other in 2003. Not a typo. All stuck. Emergency surgery

Three years ago I had one, 6mm, it was stuck. Emergency surgery.

I love it when they call the procedure (yeah, it's one "procedure", meaning multiple operations!) a "non-invasive surgery".

I drink so much water you'd think I was a fish. Tried the olive oil and lemon deal in 2012. All it did was waste olive oil and lemons. Oh, and it tasted like shit- bonus!