Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Anybody else waiting on Pfadt springs from Apex?

Ordered a set of Pfadt drop springs on Black Friday and haven't really heard much... anybody else still waiting for theirs?

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
Ordered a set of Pfadt drop springs on Black Friday and haven't really heard much... anybody else still waiting for theirs?
Est.July.4.1776 - Sorry you haven't received them yet and that's because we are still manufacturing the springs and need to send them to Apex. We COMPLETELY underestimated the volume of orders we received on Black Friday. We sold out of everything in stock within the first few hours and then we continued to take orders throughout the weekend. I know this is annoying because you can't wait to get your parts, we never want customers to have to wait, but once a year we have a sale and you were a part of that monumental event. We sold 40% more during this year's Black Friday then last year's! So all I can say is hang tight for us and we will be sure to update Apex when they can expect to receive the springs and then they can update you. Thanks for your purchase and I am glad you got to save so much cash on this sale!

-Kerry
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
I'm still waiting for my stage 2 ZL spec springs and sways too. Been on order for about 2 months...
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Est.July.4.1776 - Sorry you haven't received them yet and that's because we are still manufacturing the springs and need to send them to Apex. We COMPLETELY underestimated the volume of orders we received on Black Friday. We sold out of everything in stock within the first few hours and then we continued to take orders throughout the weekend. I know this is annoying because you can't wait to get your parts, we never want customers to have to wait, but once a year we have a sale and you were a part of that monumental event. We sold 40% more during this year's Black Friday then last year's! So all I can say is hang tight for us and we will be sure to update Apex when they can expect to receive the springs and then they can update you. Thanks for your purchase and I am glad you got to save so much cash on this sale!

-Kerry

I think as a manufacturer you should have anticipated selling more than usual on black Friday? Especially with the sale you had. That was over a month and a half ago and you still haven't even finished making the parts yet? That's not what people want to hear. So in the end they might be waiting 3 months for lowering springs they could have bought elsewhere and got in a week. I don't see how that is doing good business.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
I see where this is going....

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
The quality and service from Pfadt will be worth the wait.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #7
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:

-Kerry
Will you refund 100% of the money to people if they choose to back out now due to the extreme wait time?
Old 01-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:

-Kerry
I appreciate you taking responsibility and sacking up for the underestimation, I'm also glad your sales are doing well. The Camaro is currently garaged for the Winter, so it's of no real consequence to have a bit of a wait, I was just curious on an ETA, and it might be worth considering people's frustration as the wait progresses. Some may not return for other components if their wait is too long. I'm pretty easy going as long as I'm kept updated as to what is going on. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
The quality and service from Pfadt will be worth the wait.
That's what I'm banking on.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #9
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Kerry from Pfadt is a good guy, he'll take care of you!!
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Thanks for understanding Est.July.4.1776. Primarily I don't want anyone getting mad with their local Pfadt dealers because it's on us not them. I know you will be satisfied with your product when it arrives and once again I apologize for the delay. :cheers:

Pi Kappa Alpha - of course. Not sure if you have an order with us or if you are just asking a general question but anyone who has purchased with us has that option. We said pre-sale that orders would take at least 5 weeks to ship. Obviously we missed that mark but it's just because we received so many orders. One of my jobs this month is figuring out how to make sure it doesn't happen next Black Friday. Most people I have talked to just want to know when to expect stuff, are slightly bummed (who wouldn't be) but are easily reminded they saved 20% or more on a premium product.

San2cci - All I can say is shit happens. We sold 40% more product than last Black Friday. How could we predict that? We thought we might do 10% more not 40% more. And we sell a lot of products. And it's all made in the USA, where people take holidays for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. So it was perfect storm that we are just as concerned about as our customers. If you are a customer on wait and you want to talk to me you can always call me and we can talk. I will tell you the same stuff, but sometimes it just helps to vent and I totally get that. Remember we are all human here. We all have had this experience and it pains us to put our customers into a long wait, and we will do our best to estimate better next year.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I too am waiting, except I ordered mine from JDP. Aimee from jdp has been keeping me updated and answering all my questions. Waiting this long sucks, but knowing what's going on makes it suck a little less.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #12
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
I think that pfadt makes the best products money can buy for corvette and camaro. I wish I could afford their coilover system for my camaro trust me I would wait 2-3 months! It is cold outside anyways. A big plus is that it is American Made! They also pick up the phone right away and respond to emails as quickly as possible! I called a couple months back for an install question and the president of the company answered me and guided me through!
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #13
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
[QUOTE=PfadtRacing;7325558]Thanks for understanding Est.July.4.1776. Primarily I don't want anyone getting mad with their local Pfadt dealers because it's on us not them. I know you will be satisfied with your product when it arrives and once again I apologize for the delay. :cheers:

Pi Kappa Alpha - of course. Not sure if you have an order with us or if you are just asking a general question but anyone who has purchased with us has that option. We said pre-sale that orders would take at least 5 weeks to ship. Obviously we missed that mark but it's just because we received so many orders. One of my jobs this month is figuring out how to make sure it doesn't happen next Black Friday. Most people I have talked to just want to know when to expect stuff, are slightly bummed (who wouldn't be) but are easily reminded they saved 20% or more on a premium product.

San2cci - All I can say is shit happens. We sold 40% more product than last Black Friday. How could we predict that? We thought we might do 10% more not 40% more. And we sell a lot of products. And it's all made in the USA, where people take holidays for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. So it was perfect storm that we are just as concerned about as our customers. If you are a customer on wait and you want to talk to me you can always call me and we can talk. I will tell you the same stuff, but sometimes it just helps to vent and I totally get that. Remember we are all human here. We all have had this experience and it pains us to put our customers into a long wait, and we will do our best to estimate better next year.

Well put. You will have a new customer in me. I like a buisness that is straight forward and does not make excuses. A+++ and you are right shit happens.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #14
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
I think that pfadt makes the best products money can buy for corvette and camaro. I wish I could afford their coilover system for my camaro trust me I would wait 2-3 months! It is cold outside anyways. A big plus is that it is American Made! They also pick up the phone right away and respond to emails as quickly as possible! I called a couple months back for an install question and the president of the company answered me and guided me through!
Thanks brother, we do our best