Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #15
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Again Foundation, Foundation, Foundation, Subframe inserts are a must.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ. View Post
Rich is a man of few words, but they are important words. He has been racing, prepping race cars and providing track side support for what 35 years. I have my personal car in his shop right now because I know the work will be flawless.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #17
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_BumbleBee View Post
I know it's probably here in the millions of threads, BUT I want to see some feedback on the different types of suspension packages. IE... BMR PFADT PEDDERS etc..

What do you recommend and why? Chime in REP's, your info is valuable also....

I want to lower, a little, and upgrade the the drivability of the car. NOT turning it into a race car, but a better performing driver.

I was looking at the PFADT stage 3, but $2000 seems a little much. Also considering BMR... Springs, Sway's and EL's and maybe sub-frame's?

Thanx for your input....
2010_BumbleBee,
We’ve had a lot of happy customers using our Track Pack, which includes Sport Springs, Sway Bars, and the Chassis Max Brace.

Here’s a video of the rear cradle movement before and after the installation of our Chassis Max Brace.

With the forum member discount or through some of our dealers you can get the kit at a great price. The Chassis Max Brace and sway bars are easy to install so you’ll cut down on the installation time.
Installation video:

We have three 5th gen H-Team members running full Hotchkis set ups and we've been having a great time prepping our own 2011 Camaro "F-11".

Hotchkis 2011 Track Day: Link
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
+1

Pete really is the go to guy for suspension advise! Pedders and Pfadt are both top notch for customer service and quality, but Pedders has them on a price point for the daily driver. Dont let the "price point' part fool you, they can and do compete with full on race cars and come out on top, at a good price with real streetability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kook View Post
+1 on the Pedders street xa pkg. I just got mine done last week and the stance and handling are awesome. I had differential bushes done as well and yes it was more money than I wanted to spend doing it, but Pete guaranteed it as he did to you and he was spot on. My car is lowered 2" all the way around with 275/40/20 and 305/35/20 tires, 20x9.5 front wheels, 20x11 rear Forgestar F14's. It rides and handles tons better than stock and no rubbing issues anywhere. I suggest a professional install as well to time the bushes and get the alignment correct. How could you go wrong if Pete is making the money back guarantee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ. View Post
Thank You.

Thank You.

Spot on!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #19
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_BumbleBee View Post
I know it's probably here in the millions of threads, BUT I want to see some feedback on the different types of suspension packages. IE... BMR PFADT PEDDERS etc..

What do you recommend and why? Chime in REP's, your info is valuable also....

I want to lower, a little, and upgrade the the drivability of the car. NOT turning it into a race car, but a better performing driver.

I was looking at the PFADT stage 3, but $2000 seems a little much. Also considering BMR... Springs, Sway's and EL's and maybe sub-frame's?

Thanx for your input....
I did a lot of researching and went with BMR, I bought just about everything they have for our cars.. They have been around for a LONG time and i used to use their stuff on a TON of 4th gen camaro/firebirds i would work on.

Their bang for the buck is almost impossible to beat. Apex Chase hooke me up with all my stuff or you could go through BMR directly.

Like 2quick said, for you I would start with lowering springs and sway bars (BMR just happens to have a nice spring and sway bar package). Then go from there.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
I did a lot of researching and went with BMR, I bought just about everything they have for our cars.. They have been around for a LONG time and i used to use their stuff on a TON of 4th gen camaro/firebirds i would work on.

Their bang for the buck is almost impossible to beat. Apex Chase hooke me up with all my stuff or you could go through BMR directly.

Like 2quick said, for you I would start with lowering springs and sway bars (BMR just happens to have a nice spring and sway bar package). Then go from there.
Congratulations. Enjoy your modified 5th Gen.

Tags
bmr, lowering springs, pedders, pfadt, suspension