Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Decent body shop?

My insurance will give me the option of going wherever I want, but they have a lifetime, nationwide guarantee if I go through the shop they prefer. It's Hi-tech Collision in Spanaway. Anyone have experience with them? Are they any good?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
never delt with them, I normally deal with Bernies down here in olympia, & you dont have to go to the shop they suggest you to go. I would start going to diff shops & getting quotes.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
VictoryRed10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well if you go to the dealership they have to stand behind their work. I would go to Friendly Chevrolet, there was a defect in my paint from the factory and they did great work on it.
Borla ATAK Mufflers
Fastlane CAI
Pfadt Diff mounts
472 RWHP

Future mod: LS3 conversion,JRE Blower Cam, Posi Mod, billet caps, boost a pump and upping the maggie to 9 psi, Forgestar wheels, Michilen Pilot SuperSports, Pfadt stage 3.
VictoryRed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
The dealership doesn't do body work - they send them out. When I was rear-ended, they recommended Cornforth-Campbell in Puyallup, who did great work. But this nation-wide, lifetime guarantee offered by the ins co sounds good - if something goes wrong 5 years from now (like the mirror getting loose) and I'm anywhere in the country, they will have it fixed wherever I'm at for no charge. Meeting the adjuster at that shop this morning, if I'm even a little concerned about the quality, I'll take her to Cornforth-Campbell again.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
The dealership doesn't do body work - they send them out. When I was rear-ended, they recommended Cornforth-Campbell in Puyallup, who did great work. But this nation-wide, lifetime guarantee offered by the ins co sounds good - if something goes wrong 5 years from now (like the mirror getting loose) and I'm anywhere in the country, they will have it fixed wherever I'm at for no charge. Meeting the adjuster at that shop this morning, if I'm even a little concerned about the quality, I'll take her to Cornforth-Campbell again.
if you fine with them thats great deal with them again

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Most body shop's offer lifetime guarantees on their work. It's been that way for more then few years now. I know of at least three in the Oly area that do this. The biggest bonus is that if their is a problem and it's by a preferred shop that your insurance chooses then they will fight for you (most people choose not to get in a pissing match w/ insurance Co.). Some insurance will cover rentals and such when using a preferred shop, but it should be spelled out in your or the other persons policy pending on what happened. Check the BBB and such for any shops that you choose and ask lots of question.