Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #57
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
That would definitely scare that crap out of someone trying to break into your car.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #58
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
WOW, lol. An expensive gag.

Two things caught my eye: 1) 30+ lbs or horn equipment 2) "hearing protection required"
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #59
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
WOW, lol. An expensive gag.

Two things caught my eye: 1) 30+ lbs or horn equipment 2) "hearing protection required"
well my set up isn't anywhere near 30 lbs, closer to about 7 lbs, and its legal in 50 states, as it uses the same db rated and tone trumpets as a Semi. and hearing protection is not required. you can check mine out in the link in post #54

and on top of all that.....it wasn't installed as a GAG....its fully functional and I have had to use it for its intended purpose. and it WILL get you attention!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well if you installed it the exact way I did.....My Air Horn DOES go off with the alarm, as I have even tested it....just like the stock horn does....considering they use the exact same circut.
I wonder if it could be a difference in the '10's and '11's? I hooked up my power the exact same way you did minus the on/off switch because I want mine to always be on.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #61
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

hmmmmmmm don't know but I know on my '10' it goes off. as I have had my wife sit in my car and armed the alarm.....and then she opened the door....it goes off, as does the stock horn, seeing as they both are getting power/signal from the same source.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #62
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
Reviving an old thread to see if anyone has more information about the horn wiring. There must be different wiring in later models than in the 2010 car that Sir Nuke has.
In my 2013 car the horn is controlled by the green/white wire on the BCM green connector pin 18 or the horn button on the steering wheel. The BCM grounds this wire when it chirps the horn on locking, and the horn button also grounds this wire.
BUT when the alarm is triggered, this wire is not grounded. So there must be another circuit that controls power to the horn for the alarm.
Maybe another wire from the BCM for the alarm honk. Anyone know which wire?
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #63
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by k818mn1 View Post
Reviving an old thread to see if anyone has more information about the horn wiring. There must be different wiring in later models than in the 2010 car that Sir Nuke has.
In my 2013 car the horn is controlled by the green/white wire on the BCM green connector pin 18 or the horn button on the steering wheel. The BCM grounds this wire when it chirps the horn on locking, and the horn button also grounds this wire.
BUT when the alarm is triggered, this wire is not grounded. So there must be another circuit that controls power to the horn for the alarm.
Maybe another wire from the BCM for the alarm honk. Anyone know which wire?
the reason it goes off on mine....is because of the source of the power to the horn itself is the same as the source of power for the air horn. as when the stock horn gets power, so does the solenoid for the air horn....which has air pressure to the solenoid at all times. THUS once the stock horn and the air horn solenoid is supplied power, via either the alarm circuit OR you pressing the horn button ...... it goes off.

within the system....regardless of where the power originates from....once it gets to the fuse box under the hood, there is a clear path to the horns, which is where the tap in for the air horns as well.....

I don't know or have both wiring diagrams.....BUT both the 2013 and the 2010 Engine compartment fuse boxes are the same...and on both, fuse 51 is for the horn. so I can't help but believe that my set up will work for a 2011, 2012, and a 2013.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 02-10-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #64
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Pretty sure I would crap my pants if I heard this on a smaller car :o