Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #57
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
I'd go out and buy a Genesis 3.8 Coupe (track package) TOMORROW if I didn't think the car was so damned ugly. Maybe not ugly, but dull looking.

The Camaro is sexier and gets better gas mileage.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
The Camaro is sexier and gets better gas mileage.
And cheaper! Don't forget Cheaper....
Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #59
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
its definitely not the other way around man I have not and never will have a problem with the opposite sex! I have never made my decision of what car to buy with a woman to car ratio. i get what I want the girl come naturally..
Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #60
SandiCandi

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ya know whats hilarious if you guys need a Camaro or any car for that matter for "Chicks" the least of your problems is what car you drive
You guys actually believe "chicks" give a rats ass what you drive - or you think its going to get you the girl of your dreams or the girl of the night?
Boys, if thats what your banking your sex life on, your either 16 years old or you've been trolling for jail bait!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #61
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's the second time I've seen that in this thread.

Camaro MSRP starts at 22,995. Genesis Coupe MSRP starts at 22,000. Unless you were comparing V6 to V6, at which point the Camaro has a $2000 advantage.

If you want to talk value, instead of just which one is cheaper, that's a different story. Then we start getting into comparing specifics about the cars...

At a quick glance, the base Genesis Coupe's 2.0t actually makes decent low-end torque (223@2000 vs Camaro's 273@5200), but the Camaro still has more low-end balls (240@2000) -- though the curb weight of the Gen is 450lbs less. It's hard to find official numbers for the Camaro's fuel economy, but the 2.0t Gen is rated a decent 21/30. The Gen comes with a better warranty. The Camaro looks far better. The Gen seems to have an advantage in interior space. The Camaro has a bigger gas tank. I can't guess which will hold its resale value better, but who here is planning on selling their Camaro? Besides, you can't enjoy resale value while you're driving.

We can only compare specs on paper, since there's probably only a few people who have driven both. For most of the consumers buying them, sitting in them and driving them will sell one over the other.

Camaro fans, don't underestimate the competition. Closed minds, you don't matter. Genesis fans, you're on the wrong forum. As for me, the way things are going I probably won't get to buy a brand new one before humans colonize the moon...
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #62
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
Look if the V 6 Camaro cost 18k and had 400 hp and pulled the quarter in 12 seconds the import defenders would still tear it apart. Some of these people have been so brainwashed over the years to import quality that nothing the big three can do would ever attract them to the car.

All I know is I can get in my Z 06 drive 200 miles to VIR hang with the rich boys from DC in their Ferraris all day long and then drive 200 miles home. All with the AC on and getting 30 mpg in a car that is daily driven and has 90k miles on it. And yet the import snobs still look down their noses at it because it has a " cheap interior". Whatever.

Oh and about this picking up chicks thing...are you telling me, a middle age, bald slightly over weight dude, is not going to pick up chicks because I have a yellow Z 06?? Man...this sucks!
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #63
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
you will but not the type that you won't need a trip to the doctor from afterwards...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #64
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
That's the second time I've seen that in this thread.

Camaro MSRP starts at 22,995. Genesis Coupe MSRP starts at 22,000. Unless you were comparing V6 to V6, at which point the Camaro has a $2000 advantage.
Yeah, but the base genesis is no competition for the V6 camaro at all. Maybe for the mustang. Not for the camaro.

In order to get one that can compete, you need to get the 3.8 - which is $2,000 more expensive. And as I said, this engine will pick up a lot of ponies for 2,000 bucks.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #65
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiCandi View Post
You guys actually believe "chicks" give a rats ass what you drive - or you think its going to get you the girl of your dreams or the girl of the night?
Boys, if thats what your banking your sex life on, your either 16 years old or you've been trolling for jail bait!
Amen exactly my point, it seems every other thread has something about the chicks to camaro ratio, it's such a childish and stupid out look on women /cars.
Oh and by the way the car looks much more attractive in person than in pictures
Old 03-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #66
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
its definitely not the other way around man I have not and never will have a problem with the opposite sex! I have never made my decision of what car to buy with a woman to car ratio. i get what I want the girl come naturally..
And so humble to boot!
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #67
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well, the 3.8 Track Package has WAY more stuff than the Camaro (loving the back up sensor). It has everything the Camaro has plus a lot more. But it's just not nearly as good looking. I HATE the front grill of the Genesis (the Hyundai logo is ugly. Shoulda left it off like they did with the sedan).

And that's the two main factors in the Camaro's favor. Looks and gas-mileage. The gas-mileage is a MAJOR plus actually.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #68
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Quote:
Amen exactly my point, it seems every other thread has something about the chicks to camaro ratio, it's such a childish and stupid out look on women /cars.
Oh and by the way the car looks much more attractive in person than in pictures
You mean childish like bragging about getting any girl you want, when you want? You mean like that?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #69
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Yeah, but the base genesis is no competition for the V6 camaro at all. Maybe for the mustang. Not for the camaro.

In order to get one that can compete, you need to get the 3.8 - which is $2,000 more expensive. And as I said, this engine will pick up a lot of ponies for 2,000 bucks.
- Xanthos
Actually, my point was exactly the opposite. The base Genesis Coupe will indeed be real competition. Again, it's not competition for most of the folks on this forum, but for the general public, the bread-and-butter buyers who will make or break the Camaro who aren't enthusiasts and aren't interested in the Camaro name or heritage and aren't loyal to GM, it will definitely be real competition.

As I pointed out, it's got decent power (and less weight). I just looked it up and 0-60 time is slightly lower, but most people will never notice on the test-drive. If someone prefers the Camaro then the $1000 difference won't change their mind, but if they're on the fence it will. The Camaro is supposed to take a bite out of the tuner market; but the 2.0T Gen will get their (the open-minded ones) attention since they figure they can just crank up the turbo and go.

I wonder how the insurance rates will compare? With no real claims data to go on, the industry will have to guess about the demographics buying the cars and the capabilities of the cars.

Don't underestimate the competition.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #70
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Actually, my point was exactly the opposite. The base Genesis Coupe will indeed be real competition. Again, it's not competition for most of the folks on this forum, but for the general public, the bread-and-butter buyers who will make or break the Camaro who aren't enthusiasts and aren't interested in the Camaro name or heritage and aren't loyal to GM, it will definitely be real competition.

As I pointed out, it's got decent power (and less weight). I just looked it up and 0-60 time is slightly lower, but most people will never notice on the test-drive. If someone prefers the Camaro then the $1000 difference won't change their mind, but if they're on the fence it will. The Camaro is supposed to take a bite out of the tuner market; but the 2.0T Gen will get their (the open-minded ones) attention since they figure they can just crank up the turbo and go.

I wonder how the insurance rates will compare? With no real claims data to go on, the industry will have to guess about the demographics buying the cars and the capabilities of the cars.

Don't underestimate the competition.
We're talking about two different things. You're talking about sales competition. I'm talking about track competition. So, technically we're both right.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote