Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Johnny's_2SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 2004 Tahoe
Need a Tuner for my 2SS

I'm in the market for a tuner for my 2014 2SS. As of right now, the only performance mod I have is the Z/28 cold air intake kit. If it matters, I also have the ZL1 wheels and tires. Is there a particular brand I should go for? Tuning etc is a new realm for me so I need all the help I can get lol
2014 Camaro 2SS black, Recaro seats, NAV, Sunroof, Strut tower brace, Indoor car cover. Accessories: Red Hot engine cover, OE Subwoofer, Brushed Alum pedals, Ambient lighting, OE Battery charger, OE All weather mats, Z/28 CAI, ZL1 Wheels and Tires, Glowtie, ZL1 steering wheel, 1LE steering wheel plate, ZL1 door trim red lights
Johnny's_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny's_2SS View Post
I'm in the market for a tuner for my 2014 2SS. As of right now, the only performance mod I have is the Z/28 cold air intake kit. If it matters, I also have the ZL1 wheels and tires. Is there a particular brand I should go for? Tuning etc is a new realm for me so I need all the help I can get lol
Hello Johnny, Congrats on a nice ride.

I can help you with SCT X4 and send custom tuning files via email.

I can tune for any combination mild to wild.

Ask around about JRE custom tuning.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
When it comes to tuning state whatever if you have a LS3 or L99 it doesn't matter if you have a 1SS or 2SS.
I don't have a tune from Jannetty Racing but 99% of the reviews are positive so he knows what he is doing.
However I'm guessing you have an LS3 with that particular intake so I wouldn't tune just yet.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
Johnny's_2SS

It's a L99. GM said it's not recommended for my engine but the reasoning is unclear. They also said the ZL1 wheels and tires weren't and we all know that is BS lol
2014 Camaro 2SS black, Recaro seats, NAV, Sunroof, Strut tower brace, Indoor car cover. Accessories: Red Hot engine cover, OE Subwoofer, Brushed Alum pedals, Ambient lighting, OE Battery charger, OE All weather mats, Z/28 CAI, ZL1 Wheels and Tires, Glowtie, ZL1 steering wheel, 1LE steering wheel plate, ZL1 door trim red lights
Old 02-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
When it comes to tuning state whatever if you have a LS3 or L99 it doesn't matter if you have a 1SS or 2SS.
I don't have a tune from Jannetty Racing but 99% of the reviews are positive so he knows what he is doing.
However I'm guessing you have an LS3 with that particular intake so I wouldn't tune just yet.
Quote:
It's a L99. GM said it's not recommended for my engine but the reasoning is unclear. They also said the ZL1 wheels and tires weren't and we all know that is BS lol
The Z-28 intake does require Calibration for either the LS3 or the L99.

A tune is required and it can be used on both models without issue.

The reason they don't recommend it is because it requires calibration to run correctly.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Thank you
Ted.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #6
Johnny's_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The Z-28 intake does require Calibration for either the LS3 or the L99.

A tune is required and it can be used on both models without issue.

The reason they don't recommend it is because it requires calibration to run correctly.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Thank you
Ted.
Would I be buying the tuner from you or getting one on my own?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Would I be buying the tuner from you or getting one on my own?
Yes you would purchase the tuner from me which includes a FREE custom tune for simple bolt ons like your Z-28 intake and any aftermarket cat back.

Thank you, for your interest in JRE custom tuning.

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/g...-flash-gm.html
Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #8
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
awesome. How do you like the Z/28 intake? I just got a Vararam in the mail today! What other performance mods do you plan on doing?
Old 02-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #9
Johnny's_2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
awesome. How do you like the Z/28 intake? I just got a Vararam in the mail today! What other performance mods do you plan on doing?
I haven't hooked it up yet. I figured I'd need a tune if I installed the intake. The car is on jack stands for the winter so it will go on in the spring. Other than the intake, exhaust would be next on my list.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #10
Johnny's_2SS

Quote:
Hello Johnny, Congrats on a nice ride.

I can help you with SCT X4 and send custom tuning files via email.

I can tune for any combination mild to wild.

Ask around about JRE custom tuning.

Ted.
Ted, I'm ready. Where do we start?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Ted, I'm ready. Where do we start?
Please feel free to call or order here http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/g...-flash-gm.html

Thank you for choosing JRE.
Ted.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #12
Johnny's_2SS

Quote:
Please feel free to call or order here http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/g...-flash-gm.html

Thank you for choosing JRE.
Ted.
Thanks! Just placed my order. Is there anything else I will need to get going once the tuner arrives?
Old 02-13-2015, 12:27 PM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks! Just placed my order. Is there anything else I will need to get going once the tuner arrives?
Thank you for the order.

Instructions will be included in the box to walk you through the process to obtain your custom JRE tune.

I will respond to your email request within 1 business day or less, typically a couple hours.

Thank you
Ted.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #14
Johnny's_2SS

Quote:
Thank you for the order.

Instructions will be included in the box to walk you through the process to obtain your custom JRE tune.

I will respond to your email request within 1 business day or less, typically a couple hours.

Thank you
Ted.
Sweet. Any ideas on expected HP gains?

Tags
tuning, what to buy