Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Pedderized install prices?

Does anyone have a clue as to the labor and cost involved in the Justice Pete install? I did a search and couldnt find the answer... I've got air tools and jackstands in my garage but by no means have a lift or experience in taking the rear subframe out to install the Justice Pete package on my Camaro as a DIY job.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...MAROJUSTICPETE

And what shops in the NC/SC/GA region have experience with pedderizing camaros ??

Thanks,

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
full of days

anyone? Bueller?

Bueller?

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
The estimated time to install this complete kit is around 17 hours.There are some Pedders dealers in your area @ www.Peddersusa.com under dealers.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
Does anyone have a clue as to the labor and cost involved in the Justice Pete install? I did a search and couldnt find the answer... I've got air tools and jackstands in my garage but by no means have a lift or experience in taking the rear subframe out to install the Justice Pete package on my Camaro as a DIY job.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...MAROJUSTICPETE

And what shops in the NC/SC/GA region have experience with pedderizing camaros ??

Thanks,

It is a 17 hour job for the Justice Pete Kit. You do not remove the subframe. Lower it yes, but do not remove it.

You will need a 12 ton minimum hydraulic press, universal balljoint press, a reciprical saw with a metal blade, and make up a puller assembly for the rear diff bushings. This is a job that I could do in my driveway with jack stands, and a floor jack.

We have a custom tool for the diff bushings. I am not sure how guys are getting them out currently, but they are.

If you need assistance or have more questions, just ask.

I will be documenting a JusticePete install and will make a manual out of it as soon as I get the HD sway bars. Will be putting it in at a shop inside Infineon Raceway. the owner is a pro driver, and we should have some fun in testing!

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
BITCHIN CAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Would it be ok to come down during the install and test? I live 10 minutes from infineon
THanks,
Rob
BITCHIN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
full of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
It is a 17 hour job for the Justice Pete Kit. You do not remove the subframe. Lower it yes, but do not remove it.

You will need a 12 ton minimum hydraulic press, universal balljoint press, a reciprical saw with a metal blade, and make up a puller assembly for the rear diff bushings. This is a job that I could do in my driveway with jack stands, and a floor jack.

We have a custom tool for the diff bushings. I am not sure how guys are getting them out currently, but they are.

If you need assistance or have more questions, just ask.

I will be documenting a JusticePete install and will make a manual out of it as soon as I get the HD sway bars. Will be putting it in at a shop inside Infineon Raceway. the owner is a pro driver, and we should have some fun in testing!

thanks
mike
dms

Thanks Mike,

I will ask around and see what shop has experience in a 5th gen camaro install. I'll be looking out for the justice pete manual as well.

With the coilovers, I'm going with a set of 19x10.5 in a 45 offset on all four corners. Does that offset sound right to you?

Thanks,

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dude, if you're in NC theres a ton of performance shops right in your backyard. That state seems like its musclecar central.. well of course behind TEXAS! Shoot, drive to DSE and let them install it. haha, might give you some crap b/c you didn't buy their stuff though.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
full of days

I considered DSE as they are 40 minutes north from me. Detroit Speed has a coilover kit and a brake kit on their website. Not any full bushing/sway/coilover kits out yet...

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
I considered DSE as they are 40 minutes north from me. Detroit Speed has a coilover kit and a brake kit on their website. Not any full bushing/sway/coilover kits out yet...
I know. I'm saying order all your pedder's stuff, and let DSE install it for you. I'm sure they'd be happy to make some money off an install rather than no money at all... even if the parts they're putting on weren't made by them.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Thanks Mike,

I will ask around and see what shop has experience in a 5th gen camaro install. I'll be looking out for the justice pete manual as well.

With the coilovers, I'm going with a set of 19x10.5 in a 45 offset on all four corners. Does that offset sound right to you?

Thanks,

What size tires are you going to run?

I will not be posting the manual for all to have. But it will be available to those that buy our Track systems. We have several dealers in NC, but not sure of their experiences with Camaro with the exception of Hendrick Motorsports.

Here is a NC link of dealers

http://www.peddersusa.com/dealer-finder/32

thanks
mike
dms
Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BITCHIN CAMARO View Post
Would it be ok to come down during the install and test? I live 10 minutes from infineon
THanks,
Rob
I will have to find out what the rules are. I do not know if he has access to the track because his shop is inside. But know they have a massive parking lot to play in!

mike
dms
Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
full of days

I've run bstones for years roadracing motorcycles and will most likely run the RE-11's in a 305 on all four corners.

I'll call Hendrick and see what the install details will be.

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
BITCHIN CAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
I will have to find out what the rules are. I do not know if he has access to the track because his shop is inside. But know they have a massive parking lot to play in!

mike
dms
MIke
Keep me posted. I would love to come down and bring my Pedderized Camaro.
Thanks,
Rob
BITCHIN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote